What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Think I'll join you! Tilbury in a 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with floaty li'l icebergs is my drink. Working and listening to Vin Scully.

Morse, Thuber88, rondel65 and 14 others like this.
  2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

coffee and donuts in the morning
    or at least coffee

making room for the night shift smokers

Morse, Thuber88, PipeSimmo and 10 others like this.
  3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Looks like Cumberland (a special type of vulcanite) to me!

Two Friends - English Chocolate in the BST.

4. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

It's called cumberland, sometimes brindle, and it's vulcanite/ebonite that's made with the streaks of contrasting colour swirled with the black rubber. Traditionally it was the orangey-red & black but nowadays it's available in other colours as well, green & black, gold & black, brown & black...

http://sem-ebonite.com/cms/front_content.php?idcat=60
    http://www.pipemakers.org/rods_ebonite_cumberland.html
    http://pipedia.org/wiki/Dunhill#Cumberland

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  5. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

GLP Charring Cross in the 1970's Stanwell Freehand. Still nursing some lemonade.

Morse, Lucky Duck, Thuber88 and 14 others like this.
  6. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Hello. Smoking something I got from WrightwoodJohn that just says Rekamepip's "Mix Blend", in a corn cob of some sort. This tobacco is friggin outrageously good. I didn't know what to expect, but man. Tastes like there's some Lakeland in there, maybe some Latakia, some burley, I don't know what else. Has quite a bit of large pieces of leaf. Really excellent stuff; I wish I could buy some.

Long day today, as it was the first day back to class. Satisfying to be back at it, though. Only one long year until graduation now!

Morse, Lucky Duck, Thuber88 and 12 others like this.
  7. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

CH in a Legend.

Morse, Lucky Duck, Smokey and 16 others like this.
  8. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Road Apple Blend in a MM.

9. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

After years of avoiding Royal Yacht due to the extreme reviews regrading the nicotine, I have succumbed to my curiosity. I received my first tin of RY in the mail today, and smoking my first bowl in a Former 1/4 bent silver spigot billiard. 2/3 of the way through, and I am really enjoying it! Definitley picking up cocoa and a little spice. And so far the nic hit has not reared its dizzy head. Very good smoke! And it seems to be getting along well with the Dickel 12. Why did I wait so long?

Morse, Lucky Duck, Thuber88 and 17 others like this.
  10. JimInks

A lot of people ask themselves that question. I don't get the overpowering nic-hit many claim is there, either. A great blend!

Morse, Lucky Duck, Thuber88 and 11 others like this.
  11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Georgetown Tobacco's Reverie, thanks to FishNBanjo, in the Squatch prince. I got even with my striking little icebergs by drowning them in a glass of water. That'll teach 'em!

Morse, Lucky Duck, Thuber88 and 13 others like this.
  12. JimInks

Still working, still drinking ice water, and now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin. Dodgers lead the Cubs 2-0 in the 6th.

13. JimInks

Murderer!!!!

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

banjo 1 sheets 0, that'll learn them. A large French Press filled with French Roast and a PRM sitting dutifully by my onesome, just had half a bowl of the latest Elizabethan Mixture in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem, I can officially say Good Morning PSFer's, albeit and early one. :booty::ccup:

15. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

MacBaren's Navy Flake thanks to desertpipe in a tall custom freehand reject. Just finished three custom pipes for customers and relaxing a bit. Tomorrow, I have to scramble to begin reorganizing my shop space for a new metal lathe scheduled to be delivered Wednesday!

Morse, Lucky Duck, Smokey and 18 others like this.
  16. JimInks

The enjoyable plum taste of EGR still lingers in my mouth, but I'm moving on to another kind of tobacco: Capstan Blue in a mid-1970s black rusticated straight Savinelli Estella 915 KS. Fibber McGee and Molly is about to start on the XM, so back to work I go!

17. dBear

dBear Active Member

Another bowl of Peretti's Ebony, this time in the Squatch Lean Volcano. The ghosts of the drowned icebergs are beginning to haunt me. In the glass, I can hear them howling, howling, howling...

18. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Esoterica's Ramsgate in a Comoy's apple with some Macallan 12 year on ice. I'm really beginning to enjoy this blend as a late night/last smoke of the day sort of thing when I don't want a stronger blend. Very fruity but not in a bad way, and very tasty dark Vas throughout. :th1:

[​IMG]

19. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

I gave some RY to a good friend at the local pipe club last week. He smoked it down and claimed to have experienced no nicotine hit. We left the meeting and drove to a restaurant for a slice of pie, at which time he told me he could feel it after he was on his feet and moving around. I like it, I just want to save it for the last smoke of the day!

20. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

Hearth & Home: "Larry's Blend" in my 2005 "Alexander" pipe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.