1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Smoking some leaves in a corn cob thing and drinking a beer of some sort. Good lord. This tobacco is awesome. I think it's making me stupid :beyes:

Artistik, Morse, Thuber88 and 16 others like this.
  2. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Just went and bought my first tins of Royal Yacht and Nightcap! Which should I dive into first?

3. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Squadron Leader in the MM General

4. Atom

Atom Member

I'm really glad to read this. I've smoked Middletons Apple a few times last week, and while the aroma is full on apple I was wondering if I was missing out on flavor. But I guess its not just me.

I'm smoking Erinmore Flake today. I opened the tin two months ago and smoked about half of the flakes. Its much better now than I remember. The flavor really picks up in the bottom half to third of the bowl, a nice rich sweet and slightly oily burley. I'm not yet sold on whether or not I'll buy another tin, but at least for now I will enjoy what I have left.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  5. WalkinStick

Nightcap. But I may be biased, because I've never had RY. Let us know what you think of both.

6. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

We're pulling your man card right now... :)

7. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

A very late (or quite early) bowl of Mac B Virginia No 1, smoked in a straight MM Legend (standard amber acrylic bite). A glass of apple juice. Listened to Laura Alvini playing Scarlattis Essercizi per Gravicembalo while watching the stars.

8. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

That's for this Tuesday night. Time onboard is 280038 b Aug 13, 15.7 °C (60.8°F), 1012 hPa (29.88inHG) dropping slowly, humidity 67%, wind NW 2.3 kt from 310°, partially cloudy.

Good Night!

9. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Irish Oak in a MM.

10. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Let's just say it is a spectrum of change from one sample to the other. ;) Still got another box of HATE to get out if I can get my act together and do up the special component that needs to accompany it! :oops:

11. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Some Squaddie in the Forecaster prince. Have a listen to the day's productivity, as well as being in a folk two piece I do keys for a totally amazing singer Kaz Hawkins, recorded this live at the BBC.

12. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Passed on the August blend earlier for some Scottish mixture. I couldn't get it off my mind so I loaded up the Best cob I own and Happy,Happy,Happy. Always go with your first choice.;)

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

The Grand High Malevolence plots yet another masterful campaign. Who will be the unsuspecting victims this time? And what diabolical surprise has he crafted? Stay tuned to this thread for the exciting conclusion! (Hopefully the USPS won't cause a delay in the scheduled programming, but if so just tune into next month's WAYS thread.) :popc:

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

That's almost like asking which child you like better! If it were me, I'd go for the Royal Yacht first because it has more subtlety than Nightcap does. Your taste buds will be better prepared in that order than the other way. At least that's how it is for me.

15. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Decided to crack the Nightcap open first, packing it up and smoking on the way to get Taco bell. Will report back walkinStick. Smells like a good English as I imagined.

16. WalkinStick

Right on, brother. Congratulations. :appl:

17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

It's Nice to see that you are still so hateful

as with the rest of PSF'ers

warms the cold heart knowing that people act like this these days
    :toast:

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

While I'm waiting for dinner, I'm smoking Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn. I like this better the new DE. Better cut, slower burning, and more perique. I probably should buy a pound or two and age it. Braves and Indians just started and later, I'll listen to Vin and the Dodgers.

19. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Some Midnight in the old Apple. Need to get another Apple of some kind to decide if this isn't the best shape for me. I sure do smoke it more than any other shape. Still fricken humid so wrapped around a big cold lemonade as my drink of choice.

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Plotting my September Blending project - as i found a tad bit more whole leave tobacco
    (but this may take more work because it is totally dried and may not work )
    may have to source some more whole leaf

but if we could find someone that lives close to nashville that feels adventurous
    they have plenty just north of there........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.