1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Anni Kake in a country gent.

2. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Well the tub of Sugar Barrel and DGE cob are still sitting next to me, so I am smoking that combo again.

3. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

Dunhill Navy Rolls folded and stuffed in a BST Rhodesian shaped pipe...Side of Buillet Bourbon and water.

4. Capt

Capt Active Member

Microwaved FVF from 2008 in a Nording bent apple.

5. andysc83

andysc83 Member

Had a few bowls of EMP this morning. Planned to get a few more bowls in but I had a busy day of beer shopping...

6. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

This: A Rewster-fied cob filled with Devil's Holiday

[​IMG]

nesta, Smokey, psquared and 21 others like this.
  7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I guess i'm having a senior moment tonight, but I just can't place Beam Black. I've known white for years and every now and then when I'm not overcome with TAD, I have some Devil's Cut, which is fantastic! What the heck is Black?

8. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Starting the day with ten Ruskies, in spite of my seeming immunity to nicotine I decided not to start with the JackKnife plug. Too much conscious effort so early in the day. I love playing with tobacco but not before the front half of the brain kicks in. It is times like this that the easy smokability of CH and SWR really shine through. I don't got no brains yet.

9. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Cambridge Flake and Lat, 50/50, smoked in a 50 yr/old Medico Gold Crest Apple. Got another Coke at hand in the frozen mug with some homemade ice cubes floating around within the mug. It's amazine how they keep the coke so cold.

10. Capt

Capt Active Member

Beam Black is an 8yr aged bourbon. Same as White label, just aged 5 more years.

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The last of this sample from Marker of Orlik Golden Slices in a 2013 MM straight Legend. I sure enjoyed it, and am aging a couple of tins now.

12. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

What a great day, and a beautiful evening it has turned out to be! Have I ever told you how much I love Saturdays? Oh, Well...never mind then. I'm smoking G. L. Pease Telegraph Hill in the DGE Briar Nosewarmer. Lemonade, chilled to the proper temperature for butter, is my drink. No "Pipe Club" tonight. MDaws79 had another engagement, of some importance, apparently. Jack Wagon's got to go to work in a couple hours ( I did see him today). So, it's me here, and you there. Puff on!

13. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

About to fire up some Kentucky Club Continental Blend in a Grabow Omega, with cold water on the side...while working on the Zebra Puzzle...

Smokey, Morse, WalkinStick and 8 others like this.
  14. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

A while ago , the boys and I went to walk some streams on the property . I smoked CH in the Medico Cavalier ...

[​IMG]

Joseph walkin a stream ..

[​IMG]

Heres a couple of those cool magic orange mushrooms I keep talkin about ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty cool , huh . Theres others but I like those two best

Smoked some more Germains Royal Jersey Perique in the Wickermanclay ! Awesome

MDaws79, dwaugh, Morse and 18 others like this.
  15. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Ruffinogold. That first mushroom may not be something that you'd want to play with. Photo isn't clear enough to be sure.

XXL IMP meerschaum loaded to the top with University Flake cradling Irish Oak. This ought to last me through Tank Girl, unless I start puffing in rhythm with Lori Petty's singing during the Silver City scene. 15C(59F)H66%

16. Inland Piper

Inland Piper Member

A very pleasant dusk this evening. I love dusk in the summer time. I can hear that metal crack of an aluminum baseball bat coming from the park not too far away. Sitting on the patio with a very flavorful vanilla aromatic from the local shop (house blend), listening to the crickets. I'm smoking the first pipe I ever bought, a bent MM Legend. Lovely.

psquared, Morse, Old Codger and 15 others like this.
  17. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Pease Stratford in a Skovgaard bamboo shank elephant's foot, accompanied by some Knob Creek.

psquared, Morse, Old Codger and 12 others like this.
  18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Listening to MLB talk on the XM, working, and smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a tan etched medium bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 Acorn round at the shank, pointy at the opposite top. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with obliging ice bergs is my drink.

Smokey, psquared, Morse and 13 others like this.
  19. User4408

User4408 Active Member

That's a good idea, Simmo. I need to break the spell of ...

MB Dark Twist in a straight Pride​

my one-note samba for the week. This combo is extremely tasty. And the algorithm is simple: fill, smoke, empty, repeat. It seems to get even tastier the second, third, and fourth time around.

The Mac Baren rep mentioned they use the 25%-sugar Virginias in this one. I believe it. The cake is starting to form and it's like granite. And that caramelized sugar smell from the slow burn is addictive. Snork heaven.

psquared, Morse, Old Codger and 12 others like this.
  20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

The night continues, Mclelland's Boston 1776 in a Castello Slightly Bent Prince with ice tea.

psquared, Morse, Old Codger and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.