What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Interestingly I just picked up a copy of "Vicksburg 1863," by Winston Groom at the antique market here in The Hague. Now lighting up some Virginia Flake in my MM Diplomat.

psquared, Morse, Thuber88 and 11 others like this.
  2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning all. Starting this cold day off with a bowl of #500 blend in a half-bent Rembrandt. Cuppa Pg-tips tea tastes pretty good this morning. I love smoking good old knock-around pipes. After 30-60 years of caking, curing and whatever they all smoke great. You're smoking a pipe that has a large bit of history to it and to me makes it that much more special.

3. dBear

dBear Active Member

Started off with Bosphorus Cruise in the Kaywoodie PSF POY and moved on to Classic Burley Kake in a DGE Chunky Elegancy. Thank God for coffee.

4. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Fourth before breakfast pipe is done, including back-to-back bowls of PPP. I conclude that for some reason the supposedly high nic content of PPP does not affect me. :msty: Now, there is no way I would do this with OJK or HBB, which do affect me. Anywho, I've had some Firedance flake drying for a while, I think that is up next.

psquared, Morse, Thuber88 and 13 others like this.
  5. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Morning all! Velvet in a jobey bent Rhodesian with coffee.

psquared, Smokey, Morse and 15 others like this.
  6. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Back from the shop finishing a commission for a fellow at work. CH in a Derringer with more Maxwell House. He has some wild tastes in pipes, and this is coming from someone that shoves cartridge casings up his stummel!

Smokey, Morse, Thuber88 and 15 others like this.
  7. Tony Bybee

Tony Bybee Member

Golden extra in mm diplomat, while watchiing the beach zamboni clean everything up.

psquared, Smokey, Morse and 13 others like this.
  8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

9. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Last pipe before I head to the office--smoking Firedance Flake in the little WDC Wellington.

psquared, Morse, Thuber88 and 10 others like this.
  10. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Luv these pipes Wicker Man...great minds an' all that! :D Congratulations! (7.50...:th1:)

It's a chilly morning here on the summit (34° F / 1° C), so I'm easing into the day with C&D's Big n' Burley in a Custom-Bilt and a pot of Tetley's. :puffy:

[​IMG]

psquared, dBear, Morse and 10 others like this.
  11. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

First Pipe of the Day in the Manx Meer.

psquared, dBear, Morse and 10 others like this.
  12. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! I'm starting the day with black coffee and Three Part Harmony. The TPH has been loaded into the Yves St. Claude Fantaisie. One thing I can always rely on is that this pipe will gurgle. I know why it does. The hole in the stem barely meets the hole in the shaft. Offset, I guess you'd say. Anyway, I've come to accept this quirk of the pipe, as little can be done to remedy it. I always keep a pipe cleaner at hand when smoking it, for sopping up purposes. My little brother,MDaws79, bought this pipe for me. So, it's special.

MDaws79, psquared, dBear and 16 others like this.
  13. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Butera's Blended Flake on Great Dane spool Cob with forever stem. This tin had more of the "Ketchup" smell than any other of the McClelland tobaccos I smoke. As usual that smell has nothing to do with the taste. Black coffee on the side.

psquared, dBear, User4408 and 14 others like this.
  14. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Morning Lucky! I'm pretending I'm a Dawson this morning.

Drinking Thomas coffee that luckyduck turned me on to and smoking some Kendal Kentucky that he sent me. Getting ready to head out to the lake for the boss lady's birthday, so I'm taking the jigs that mdaws79 tied up for me in the hopes of catching a couple bluegill.

She's 26 today, so for three months, I get to tell people I'm marrying an older lady :ngty:

MDaws79, psquared, dBear and 17 others like this.
  15. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

It's official, you're as much a Dawson as any could be, outside of the actual gene pool. Tell the boss happy birthday for me!

Just finishing this TPH. What's next? :msty:

psquared, dBear, User4408 and 11 others like this.
  16. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Have fun at the lake Dawson V.2 and tell the boss lady happy birthday.

MDaws79, psquared, dBear and 8 others like this.
  17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well we went walkabout and I stumble bummed my way through only Levi was quite more clingy and observant today unfortunately. Did finally get him three rounds in as I was enjoying the Amorelli Sea Urchin bent panel bulldog with the fabulous Dust in the Wind Pressed Mixed Tobacco Blend too much to want it to end, I love this pipe, I love this blend (thanks ever so much John) and I love this blend in this pipe.

[​IMG]

psquared, dBear, User4408 and 19 others like this.
  18. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Finishing my 'day' with jackknife plug in the Pete. This stuff seems to be happier in a smaller bowl. It is certainly very strong tasting lovely tobacco but I don't get the nic hit some have mentioned. It is an interesting as honest as you can get tobacco. You have to have time to mess with this stuff before loading the bowl. It is fun to play with though it does require a bit of attention to keep it smoldering properly. Next time I going to mix it with a small amount of pirate kake just to see what happens.

psquared, dBear, Morse and 14 others like this.
  19. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Happy Sunday,

And Happy Birthday to Mrs. Stick, with many happy returns.

I've been smoking DFU in a Castello this morning, and practicing my moka pot technique. Going to move quickly to my aluminum can technique.

psquared, dBear, User4408 and 16 others like this.
  20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:bday: Mrs WalkinStick

psquared, dBear, Thuber88 and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.