1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

No rest for the wicked, at least not for my MM Legend. A pot of Lipton´s Yellow Labell and a nice bowl of Mac Barens Golden Blend while rereading Sjöwall/Wahlöö´s Roseanna.

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Started the day off with Hyde Park in a MM Legend and illy coffee through the press. After a good walk it's LEO in a Peterson Canadian as I contemplate giving the lawn a haircut, or more accurately, a light trim. 18C(64F)H59% ( Contemplating is Canadian for procrastinating)

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

When Blue Ridge went through a building boom 10 years ago ... a shop opened [ that has since gone , like many other things ] that served Illy coffee made in some super expensive commercial maker .... it was fabulous !! I was still doing Antiques then and the place was a 3 minute walk from our door in town . I was spoiled then ;)

A bowl of Ogdens Walnut , in honor of our PSF members in England , smoked in pipe made by a sour ole git brit ! Namely , OT perfect pipe :beck:

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Getting a light latakia blend in early today with Year 2002 Squadron Leader in a 1975 smooth slight bend Tinderbox Aalborg freehand made by Nording. The Rockies and Pirates start soon, and I'll be listening to that game.

5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

KK in the MM Spoolcob, as I bide my time waiting for another 1/2 load of 3P's to dry. The last bowl of 1/2 3P's & 1/2 PS LTF was so good, I'm going to have another go at it. After I finish this KK, of coarse. I started watching Mystery Science Theatre 3000 Devil Doll on youtube last night. It's delightfully terrible. I'm going to get back to it now. see you later.

6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Lovely smoke! Did not burn hot and it's very tasty, will finish it when I pop the fresh pizza I'm making on the pizza stone in the grille. :th1:

7. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Sugar Barrel in a Nording and getting some Marlin Flake ready for my next smoke.

8. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

Peterson summertime 2013 in peterson 313 system, While cutting the grass! Who says men can't multitask!?

9. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Giant Spider Invasion is my favorite one...

10. andysc83

andysc83 Member

PS Bullseye Flake to start my morning.

11. DMiddleton

DMiddleton Member

About to fill Skiff Mix in my Parker

12. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

FVF in my DGE stubby poker

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

#40 Oriental smoldering away in a big apple. Country Time lemonade as my drink of choice. Beautiful Sunday today and I'm not doing a blasted thing, just like usual.

14. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I'll have to check that one out another time. I've taken a break from the movie because I'd finished the KK. Now I've loaded round two of the 3P's/PS LTF in the Wild Honey pipe, and so back to the show. See you around.

15. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Smoked some PA in my Peterson Donegal Rocky XL02. I gave my buddy a MM Great Dane Spool and he tried CH for his first pipe. I think he liked it as he expressed interest in also trying the CB White I had with me, so I left it with him.

16. mrjinglepants

mrjinglepants Member

Q-1 in my meer & coffee on the patio. Posting in FNG /FOG hoping to expand my horizons and pondering mowing the lawn. Not sure if I'll actually stop pondering and do it but I may...

17. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

OGS in an Old England Bulldog...

Coastal Bend, psquared, dBear and 9 others like this.
  18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Pirates lead the Rockies 2-0 in the third. I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. A bottle of NuGrape is my drink.

19. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Just went out smoking with my Hubby. We both smoked Germain's Royal Jersey Perique, but we both had two entirely different smokes. He smoked it in my gorgeoud Basil Meadows "touched by God" Horn and I smoked it in my Dwaugh double walled Claydog. His smoke picked up more wood because my pipe is not quite broken in yet and there was no hint of floral in the tobacco. Mine on the other hand exploded with almost perfumey florals.:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.