What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Wickemanclay ... was gonna smoke Royal Jersey Perique .. changed my mind to Velvet

Morse, p120d16y, YAPPG and 16 others like this.
  2. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Black House in a Kirsten Gem with cob bowl. Hot chocolate and watching Rob Roy on TV.

3. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Astleys 44 in a pipe I haven't smoked in a long time, a Peterson Irish Harp 80s. Tasty! Darjeeling tea bag under crushed ice. 15C(59F)H80%

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 16 others like this.
  4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I called into the MLB talk show on the XM and they let me talk for five minutes about the steroid subject. At the end of the call, when they went to break, the hosts said my call was the best call on the subject they've ever had! :D For those who are interested, I'll be autographing pictures in the lobby after the show! The Saint Bernard will be happy to usher you to my table. :rolleyes::cool::laff: An half hour later, one of the hosts (Darren Sutton) said I was a wise and impassioned caller. My autograph fees just went up five bucks!!! They keep pitchin' and I keep foolin' them!! :xd:

It was worth not smoking for the time I was on the air, but I'm making up for it starting with this bowl of Metropolitain in a 1981 smooth full bend Mauro Series Two 315 p-lip that copies the Peterson system.

MDaws79, Morse, YAPPG and 20 others like this.
  5. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Smoking Kentucky Club Continental Blend in my "Duca Carlo" Savinelli bulldog I got new for $38 at a tobacco shop in Florida in late May. KCCB never fails to satisfy me. Such a tasty mild, bite-free aromatic with tons of creamy smoke with a hint of coconut. Seems to be such an overlooked tobacco...

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 13 others like this.
  6. JimInks

Still working, and now smoking Maple Street in a 1980 raw sienna light relief Rossi 1886 Visconte 245 Oom Paul with an Amber colored stem. The maple and rum taste is good and not overwhelming. A very pleasant smoke.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 14 others like this.
  7. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Maple and Rum could be dangerous, I may have to report you to the commissioner.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 8 others like this.
  8. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Well sending the grandson off to daycare, so now I can start the heart with a little Plum Cake In the Country Gent, and double coffee with creme from my daughters fancy coffee maker, I will throw in a shot of expresso for good measure.

Morse, YAPPG, Basil Meadows and 14 others like this.
  9. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Ordered me a Country Gentleman & a Great Dane Spool from Aristocob last week. Hoping they come in tomorrow! Only cobs I've had are the Legend...

MDaws79, Morse, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  10. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

I also have a Diplomat that I like and am thinking of ordering a couple of Prides, since they are a natural cob. I love these cobs, but when I get back home at the end of September I look forward to acquiring a briar.

Morse, YAPPG, Old Codger and 8 others like this.
  11. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

Thankfully the football season is upon us. So, tonight with the friend I had a bowl or Molto Dulce and a bowl of Conesures Choice. Was kind of nice too!

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 12 others like this.
  12. JimInks

You can't because Gordon is at stately Wayne manor talking to millionaire Bruce Wayne about some weird cave beneath his house.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 8 others like this.
  13. JimInks

My final smoke before bed is Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a three quarter bend big bowl grain relief 1970s Savinelli Autograph 5.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 15 others like this.
  14. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Several weeks ago I ordered a slew of MMs. The Pride turned out to be my favorite, and it's one of the least expensive. It smokes beautifully, and that bristle feels great in the hand. Weighs only 24 gm so it's a perfect dangler.

I might order a dozen Prides to get the discount. That should last me for the remainder.

Fresh MB Plumcake in a Bjarne Viking ... the hint of Syrian latakia in this one is outstanding.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 14 others like this.
  15. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I hadn't ordered that one yet for fear of disappointment. Now I'm encouraged.

The really old Rum & Maple used to have a trace of Syrian latakia. And that fantastic casing. No use crying about past glories I suppose. Would be nice, though, to once again walk down to the drugstore and buy a packet of Blue Boar. For 25 cents. Yeah, the premium stuff was a bit pricier.

Still huffing on Plumcake in a Bjarne ...

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 15 others like this.
  16. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

The pigeons Security Guard on duty! Stays alert 100% looking around for the enemy [another cat?]

[​IMG]

McClelland grand orientals Yenice Agonya.

17. JimInks

I never smoked Rum and Maple because I was never into those kinds of blends until recently. I'm still predominately a straight Virginia and VaPer smoker, but Maple Street is a good tobacco at a good price, and I recommend it.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 10 others like this.
  18. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Finished my Chinese Tv Series (Yip Man) 50-45 min episodes in all, during tonight's final round I had 2 bowls of McB Navy Flake in the La Reserva 272 USR bent pot,
    and more ice tea, off to sleepy land for a little while.
    Good Morning PSF'ers:D

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 12 others like this.
  19. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

On my second bowl of Plum Cake this morning, love this smoke, still not sure I like the VA Flake, but will give it another go this afternoon. Taking a break from tying flies to get ready for a trip to southern France.

p120d16y, Morse, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  20. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone. Monday. First smoke of the week is Three Part Harmony in the silver banded straight pot briar coveted by MDaws79 which makes it special to me Suffolk. Black coffee to drink of coarse. Have a good day everyone.

MDaws79, Morse, YAPPG and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.