What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

That´s a pipe!

Morse, Lithua pipe, mecompco and 6 others like this.
  2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

A Spill sighting!

I'm following BL's lead
    and loading some St. Bruno
    RR in an apple bowl.

3. Ksummers99

Ksummers99 Member

I just finished the last of the most DELICIOUS Chocolate Truffle that a very nice person (thanks again very nice person!!!!) sent to me to try! I've been rationing it because it's sooooooo good! I ordered some online yesterday so thought I would smoke the last bowl in my CoastieCreation Hippy Girl's pipe while sipping on my Folgers French Vanilla coffee out on the porch. Beautiful morning and great way to start my week!!!

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to Marker, I'm smoking Royal Yacht in a 1980 smooth Lorenzo Ambra 803 Oom Paul with a lucite stem. The more I smoke this, the more I like it, though I must confess I don't see how some people think it's a nic-bomb. Think I'll open a can of 7-Up because I like to live dangerously. :rolleyes:

Morse, jhguthlac, Lucky Duck and 21 others like this.
  5. Waino

Waino Active Member

Burley Flake #2 in a cob.

Hockey season. First camp behind.

6. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Some more SP Cherry Cav in the Rusty Rhodes. Now just waiting to head to work, get this week started.

7. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Have a post pizza chunk of St Bruno RR. Is it supposed to be so bone dry in the packet?

8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

So there I was minding my own business puffing on the little MM Barrel Shaped Nosewarmer with some Red Virginia Ribbon when the postman hands me a package from a DBear..... Hmm, I set the lid down on the Kamado Joe where I was grilling Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini and green and purple string beans each lovingly awash in their own private marinade. I open the packet to find some HATE, Peretti's Ebony, Oriental #40, #333 and some Black Lung!

Once everything was grilled to perfection we had a delicious lunch then post haste I ran for dessert, Black Lung in the Rockin' Black Rock Cob with Black Bamboo Shank and black and amber Forever Stem, hell even the Kamado Joe is black and my shorts too. OMG, this is like heaven overload the worst cr@p anyone could ever smoke! I can now see why dBear smokes it all the time it's freaking awesome his contribution to keep it all to himself burned in one place to prevent others from a truly fine smoke harms way. You the man dBear! :drly: :bow: Having some Brazilian Cerrado on the side. I HATE you brother, thanks ever so much!

[​IMG]

Ksummers99, Morse, MDaws79 and 23 others like this.
  9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Thanks, pipe is made by our own rekamepip and he sells them quite reasonably too and they smoke heavenly.

Morse, MDaws79, Old Codger and 14 others like this.
  10. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

No sir . Probably
    Smokes like a
    dream no matter
    the moisture content
    :th1:

Opted to burn some
    Brown Rope no.4
    After lunch. After this,
    I'm sure it'll be nap time.

11. JimInks

After a great bowl of clam chowder and a grilled cheese sandwich, I'm smoking the last of this stash of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2003 black sandblasted medium bend Karl Erik Ekstravagant blowfish. At some point, I'll have to restock it for the cellar. Luckily, I have a little of the original ERR handy. Still listening to the steroid talk on the MLB XM channel, and relaxing a little longer before starting work.

12. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

My first foray into 4noggins Brits Balkan, lit up in an MM legend for fear of ghostage! This stuff is SERIOUSLY yummy, any Balkan fans who haven't tried it yet should seriously consider doing so. Thanks to Pipe Matt for the sample!

13. scopawl

scopawl Member

Massive bowl of Escudo in my Invicta Bulldog. I've been slacking off from breaking this in- huge work project this week.
    I was smoking it for at least an hour and it's only about half way through. I stopped because the back garden insects were trying to colonise my head. Quite frankly, there's only so much you can take of that...

14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

After a great dinner, I'm sitting on the balcony and am smoking a spicy bowl of Edward G. by HU. :bing:
    [​IMG]

15. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

My own, accidental, mixture (in a cob, of course). I bought a tin of Petersen´s Sweet Kilarney and found it... too aromatic. I also, mistakenly, bought a pouch of Tiedemans Gul No 3 (a dried ot cigarette cut Virginia). I mixed them, half´n half, and it made an enjoyable smoke.

Morse, MDaws79, Whitespot and 15 others like this.
  16. JimInks

I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. And getting ready to start the work day.

17. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Smoked
    [​IMG]
    All day in the Stone Pipe Maestro Rekamepip’s (here’s a photo for him)
    [​IMG]
    Briar pipe with a Bamboo stem from Wicker Villas front garden, to which I’ve added a plastic mouth piece, from a disposable cigarette holder I had given at a Bar a few months ago. I think you smoke 3 or 4 cig’s then use a new one ?
    but it certainly makes it more clench-able and in fitting I cut the Bamboo stem down to pipe cleaner length
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ksummers99, Morse, MDaws79 and 16 others like this.
  18. Marker

Marker Active Member

Curivari red toro at the cigar shop. Work was boring so I left and went to the cigar shop to work. I get more done when it doesn't feel like a dungeon.

19. Clavius85

Clavius85 Member

Smoked a bowl of 965 and then RLP-6 last night (in two separate MM Diplomat's). I'm a noob and still need to work on my packing. But after getting each bowl going they were both very pleasant! Starting to get the hang of it!

20. JimInks

Still listening to the MLB talk on the XM, but now smoking Old Dark Fired in a 1970s GBD Prehistoric Rhodesian 9438 with a perspex stem. A-Rod is supposed to play tonight. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.