1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt

Capt Active Member

I have said before I am not much of a smoker in the summer time. I just plain hate the heat.

However, we are having some unusually cool weather here in Metro Detroit. Right now it is about 62-63 degrees. I am sitting in the garage with a Castello Sea Rock Billiard, loaded to the gills with some aged Pirate Kake, a small glass of Johnnie Walker Gold Label. This cool weather has kick started my fall smoking!

Listening to the wife talk about house projects.......lol

2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

After Dinner Smoke

is

August Blend - lightly pressed overnight

100_2897.JPG

and then smoked in brog kit pipe

100_3088.JPG

3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Exploring some orientals this month. Smoking some McC's Grand Orientals Yenidje Highlander in the fat apple. Screwing up my no sugar regime with an ice cold Coke, because things go better with Coke!

4. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I will assume he misposted in the wrong thread, so I will move it to here.

Although I cant like it here, so do not like this post from me, follow it to latest smoking purchase and like His there!

5. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

After a rough start, I had a good day. Had a Tecate at work, came home had dinner and now am smoking some Black Lung courtesy of Mr. Bear in a Kaywoodie PSF POY. Feeling good, Louis!

6. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Is it US made Coke? If it is, then dont worry, there is no sugar in domestic Coca Cola...

mecompco, dBear, fishnbanjo and 6 others like this.
  7. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

PS Balkan Supreme in a GBD bent Billiard...while reading a bio on J. Robert Oppenheimer. Might watch some Dr. Who on Netflix later on...

Morse, rondel65, mecompco and 13 others like this.
  8. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill Member

Prairie Wind in a Rekamepip and watching my favorite western: Once Upon a Time in the West.

[​IMG]

Morse, Lucky Duck, MDaws79 and 19 others like this.
  9. krusty

krusty Active Member

Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Best Brown #2 in my Briar, Sweat & Tears Christmas 2012 Oom Paul.

10. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Which one? I just got the Ray Monk version.

11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

It says 39g of sugar on the can. Whatever the kind of sugar, it has 140 cal. That's enough for me to stop drinking 6 or so 12 oz cans a day and substituting Nectresse as a sweetiner in tea. I went from a consistant 185 lb to 224 lb between check ups at the cardiologist. I've had to cut out bread as well. Had to do something, and its working.

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

A big dinner with ice cream for dessert has settled now. But not me, because nobody's settling for less when they smoke Motzek Strang (thanks PipeSimmo) in a 1999 medium bend black sandblast Savinelli Tris 677KS apple with a cumberland stem. A glass of ice tea chilled to the proper temperature is my drink. White Sox are smearing the Yankees 7-0 in the 4th. Andy Pettitte doesn't pitch well these days, and his fellow steroid cheat, A-Fraud, isn't nimble as he used to be. :old: Braves lead the Nats 3-2 in the 8th.

13. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Pistachio is not a bad guess. I was thinking along similar lines. Glad you like the tobacco.

14. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Yes! That is THE Bronson movie as far as I'm concerned. Every time I hear a harmonica, I think about that flick. :th1:

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Right there with ya been trying to cut down on my Dr. Pepper intake
    switched to just more coffee - but still got to have one a day......

Smoking my pipe more to keep from smoking cigs but that aint workin to good

16. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

This one is called "American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer"...by Kai Bird and Martin J. Sherwin. I went to the library looking for the Monk book, but I think its still a little new, so the library hasnt gotten it yet...

I cut high fructose corn syrup out of my diet and I lost 25 pounds in two months. I never had high blood pressure, but after I quit the hfcs, I consistently scored 120/80...

Morse, mecompco, WalkinStick and 11 others like this.
  17. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Long day out in the sun with the kids at the zoo then at my parents place for dinner. I didn't want a fussy tobacco tonight. So I went with some good ol CH hehe.
    [​IMG]

18. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Me and "Ol' Fred" again and since he is a bird-dog I figured we would go with Grouse-moor Plug. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

David, I think your gnome wants to get out!!!!!

20. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Davidoff Flake Medallions in a BST Christmas pipe. Yup, this is exactly the right smoke after too much of a dinner of grilled fresh salmon. Crushed ice over a chunk of lime. 19C(66F)H60%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.