What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Leaving open jar of tobacco for the night shift
    :puffy: :puffy::puffy:

2. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Had some Virginia Flake No. 2100 set out to dry a little and went to check the mail. Sitting on top of a couple of bills was a treat from Coda. Had to leave the 2100 out longer and grabbed my Peterson Canadian to try a taste of Royal Yacht. I used to smoke that blend now and then -- think it was when Lincoln was still in office :laff: -- and I couldn't afford it often, but enjoyed it. This seems much lighter in color than the almost black blend I remember, but it is still delicious. (Thanks, Coda)

Now for some of that Virginia Flake in a Invicta Curved Pot.

3. DakOOk

DakOOk Member

FMC in a bent MM legend. This blend is so sweet It might send me into insulin shock.

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Oh, man! That sounds like a great dinner. I love fresh salmon! Good choice of after-dinner smoke, too.

I'm smoking Golden Age in a straight 1978 black sandblasted Sir Brent billiard with lucite stem and silver band repair on the shank. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with backstroking li'l icebergs is my drink. Now, it's back to work and the MLB talk on the XM.

Morse, Rewster66, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  5. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Just finished off the bowl of C&D Picnic in a Stanwell bent bamboo shank Dublin I started on the drive home from work. Moving on to '07 Pease Cumberland in a Matzhold Volcano, with some Dicklel 12 of course!

Morse, Rewster66, Lucky Duck and 15 others like this.
  6. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

More Bald Headed Teacher tonight in a Falcon.

Morse, Lucky Duck, rondel65 and 13 others like this.
  7. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Dunhill Royal Yacht another first for me. It has a rep as having bit of a nicotine hit at the end so I chose a meer lined Kaywoodie 02 Yacht for my last smoke of the evening. Watching 'Somewhere in Time' (1980) w/ Chris Reeve, Jane Seymore and Christopher Plummer.

8. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

MacBaren Virginia No. 1 in a bent MM Diplomat...

Smokey, Morse, DakOOk and 15 others like this.
  9. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Princes Street in a BST Compact Little Brute. Went back for a little more dessert, frozen #3 maple syrup. Now pretty much coasting and finding it's an effort to scroll through some of the threads here. Good thing that this pipe is so light and pleasant to clench and that I can slouch back in this chair so that I don't have to reach far for the glass of crushed ice. 16C(61F)H72%

Morse, Lucky Duck, DakOOk and 19 others like this.
  10. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Just smoked a bowl of OJK, from another sample from SP, in a Falcon. Smoked cool and had a good taste with a medium nic hit. Pretty good blend of burley, va and perique. There's got to be a ton of perique in it cause that's all I smelled when I opened the bag. Very nice smoke.

Morse, Lucky Duck, DakOOk and 18 others like this.
  11. JimInks

M'lady's been hearing all the steroid talk and was particularly upset with a couple of John Kruk's comments, so she called into Mad Dog radio and vented. She was great!

Now smoking Metropolitain in a 1981 smooth full bend Mauro Series Two 315 p-lip that copies the Peterson system, and still working.

Morse, Lucky Duck, MDaws79 and 17 others like this.
  12. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

What did the Krucker have to say?...

DakOOk, YAPPG, surlysoul and 3 others like this.
  13. JimInks

He said he knew a lot of guys who used steroids, and that he never talked about it. In other words, he's still not going to name names, even though he knows some of those guys may well end up in the Hall of Fame. He did not say the last sentence as I worded it, but it was implied in his comment. Charlie Steiner said three years back that he knew of one HOF player who did use steroids, and that he knows another who's going to get in soon. He didn't name names either, though I have a gut feeling the soon-to-be HOF he referred to was either Mike Piazza or Ken Griffrey, Jr. The idea that there's one in already and he's not getting outed really ticks me off.

14. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Im sure most players in that era knew other players who were using. Maybe by naming names, they are making it seem like "this guy was using, and I wasnt...so thats why I wasnt as good." Just today, Antonio Bastardo was suspended for using...and some pitcher, way down in the system, ranted something to the effect of "this guy (Bastardo) is the guy that beat me out for a job, and he was using..." that greatly altered his life. Not that he probably would have made the team anyway...at least going by what they said on the radio today. I always knew A-rod was a juicer. I had a card from one of his early seasons with the Rangers, and if you compared how he looks now, its like looking at his little league picture...the guy grew.

Old Codger, YAPPG, mecompco and 8 others like this.
  15. JimInks

We are in agreement. But it does frustrate me that people in the know would remain silent and let one of these guys in the Hall of Fame. I don't get worked up about too many things, but this is an exception. I suppose I should be grateful Suzy and Molly don't speak English, or they'd call in to one of the talk shows, too. :rolleyes: And before anybody asks, no, the Saint Bernard does not have a cell phone. However, I did have to get a new one because I don't like the smell of dog biscuits in my receiver.

Thanks to Rekamepip, I'm smoking Granger in a 2002 medium bend rusticated Stanwell Golden Danish 139. I've just enough left to fill a cob. More ice water, and a little more work to do still.

16. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Early morning here in The Hague and the daughter just took the little man off to day care. Been drying some VA Flake to give it another go in the two MMs, so far it seems to be smoking hot, but maybe I am spoiled by the Plum Cake. Well time to light up the Diplomat and see how it goes. A large coffee with a double shot of expresso may help.

17. JimInks

Almost finished with work for the night. Thanks to Fishnbanjo, I'm smoking MacBaren Plum Cake in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. Now, back to work so I can get it done and read some box scores.

18. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

On my second bowl of McB's VA Flake, smoking cool and smooth this morning. Well one should not rush to judge, except in the case of A Rod.

Smokey, Morse, Lucky Duck and 15 others like this.
  19. JimInks

My final smoke before bed is Blue Danube in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega. Ice water is still my drink. I set out an empty glass in the deck with nice floaty icebergs because Stormy came to visit, and I know he's got plenty of rain, but it's not chilled to the proper temperature. I like to be a good host.

20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Not that I was in any sort of a hurry to leave you last night that I surreptitiously posted my evening "Good Night Mrs Calabash wherever you are" in the wrong forum it's like I was freakin' tired mang. So I Frankenstein walked downstairs to start the mornings strong and black then whisked Levi out for his ablutions only to find I had like 6 puffs left in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem :confused: RELOAD but with P&W No. 010 whilst sipping on said PRM.

It's August, the hottest month in Maine and it's 49F, I don't mind the cooler weather since I enjoy my pipe more but this has been one insane year for weather. While standing there sipping the pipe and the PRM I hear the call of a coyote, a coyote standing less that 1/4 mile from the ocean in Maine. Now I'm used to hearing lots of things early in the a.m. Canada Geese, Great Blue Heron's, Ducks calling others in, Mourning Doves, the occasional frightened Fox and even a barking spider but coyotes, sheesh next thing you know they'll find lobstah in the High Sierra's. Snorkeling through PRM #2 and #3 is soon to be, good morning PSFer's. :ccup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.