What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Just about to light up some Peretti's Park Square in a DGE Poker, full-sized. Some cool water on the side...while reading a biography on J. Robert Oppenheimer...

Morse, Lithua pipe, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
  2. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Escudo in a Barbi bent egg, along with some Bulleit Rye.

Morse, Lithua pipe, jdto and 13 others like this.
  3. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Finishing up a smoke filled day with CB White in a Dr. Grabow Golden Duke pot.

4. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

still no pipe, so im stuck with cigs, but watch this

5. mrjinglepants

mrjinglepants Member

Currently I'm smoking the wild fires that are burning all over my region *cough* :startl:

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thuber pointed it out to me a little earlier. And yes, I will be buying some. M'lady and I just jarred up the rest of my Onyx (about two ounces), Squadron Leader, most of my FVF, HU Louisiana Broken Flake (it's great, but I think a couple years will make it even better), 2002 G&H Dark Flake (I rejarred it because I didn't trust the seal on the old jar), and most of my stash (about 5 ounces) of Dunhill Elizabethan Match. I left myself about one ounce left to compare with the new version.

Morse, surlysoul, PipeSimmo and 11 others like this.
  7. Morse

Morse Active Member

No pipe tonight but wanted to say grats to 'Stick on the new job.

Oh and still about 15 pages behind

8. JimInks

Thanks to Marker, I'm smoking Royal Yacht in a 1982 black grain relief sandblasted three quarter bend W.O. Larsen Dublinish pipe. I've just enough left for one more bowl. In jarring my tobaccos tonight, it turned out I had about half an ounce or so of Old Dark Fired that didn't fit in the jars. That'll leave me enough to enjoy a few more smokes while the rest ages. And I still have some tins of it, too, though it's cheaper to buy it in the one pound box and jar it. Thanks to Lithua Pipe who gave me a sample of it months back! :toast:

The Pirates beat the Marlins, Braves beat the Nats, Dodgers are crushing the Cards 13-4 in the 9th, Yank-Roids and White Sox are ties 4-4 in the 11th. Mr. Wooly just handed me a glass of ice water chilled to the proper temperature with well dressed icebergs. I'd give him a raise, but Mr. Wooly is already rich from previous international adventures over his decades long career in public life. These days, he keeps a low profile and unfortunately for me, is great at playing poker, a game of skill that eluded him in previous years.

9. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Not much smoking today. I had a trip to the ER. I spent last night in absolute agony. I have a huge kidney stone that decided to start moving. So right now it's enroute between my right kidney and my bladder. I've had a few of them in the past but this sucka was different. At 10 mm it the largest that I've had and today I couldn't think straight. I'll find out tomorrow morning what I'm gonna do about it. Today was spent pretty much on pain meds. They will either blast it on Tuesday or put a stent in to help it pass. Not fun! I did manage to have a bowl of FVF from '99 in my Dunhill Group 6 Ring Grain Billiard earlier. My drink of choice all day has been water with a lot of icebergs in it with a pain pill on the side.

10. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Best of luck with that Paul!!

Morse, Lithua pipe, surlysoul and 7 others like this.
  11. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Kidney stones suck! I feel for ya. Hang in there.

Morse, Lithua pipe, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
  12. JimInks

Drink cranberry juice, too. I had one once and though I hate cranberry juice, I drank a bit of it and managed to pass it. My doctor said drinking lemon juice is good for helping to pass and prevent kidney stones. Stay hydrated and keep us posted on how you're doing, buddy. Hope they can blast it if you don't pass it, because you don't want them cutting on you if you can help it.

Morse, YAPPG, Lithua pipe and 9 others like this.
  13. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

My dad has had a few stones...as has my brother, but I seem to have been safe...so far. I drink a ton of water/coffee, so I am well hydrated. I dont worry about it too much. The thing that made both my dad and brothers ordeals even more intense is that my dads side of the family doesnt react to well to the 1st choice pain killer of most doctors. It makes them sick. My dad was having a hell of a time...the doctor gave him an injection of a different pain killer, and in 10 mins, my dad was fine...we left with a script for the stuff in pill form...

YAPPG, Lithua pipe, surlysoul and 5 others like this.
  14. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Hope it passes soon FBPaul!
    Sorry about the pains.

Had a bowl of Strang earlier in Pirate Jim, there was some left over, so now I am on a second bowl in the POY13, and ice tea, watched a new series called becoming a German, it is a BBC show, it gave some interesting insight into some daily life there, the first episode was in Nuremburg, working and living and kids going to school and learning to live the German life.
    oh, and ice tea.
    Also sat through White House Down, I could have skipped that one..

Morse, YAPPG, surlysoul and 12 others like this.
  15. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Buddy has been through an assortment of kidney stone issues, he had drugs and wait for some, had the big tub dip and sonic breakup for some others, a lot of it is caffeine related (no coffee,no tea) and drink tons of water, but I guess it can be hereditary somewhat.
    Now he down to one kidney and still gets them.

YAPPG, surlysoul, dBear and 4 others like this.
  16. JimInks

Now smoking Barbados Plantation in the second pipe I ever bought ($2.49); a 1974 three quarter bend black sandblast etched Dr. Grabow Omega. Nice rum taste.

Morse, YAPPG, surlysoul and 13 others like this.
  17. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Winding things down here this evening with an old Pete standard 314 fulla Director's Cut.
    Macallan sherry oak on the side. :puffy:

[​IMG]

Morse, YAPPG, surlysoul and 14 others like this.
  18. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Just starting the day here in the Netherlands, rain stopped overnight, so I can now go out in the gardern and smoke the pipe. Missed last night after dinner, just to wet out. Having a strong black coffee with some VA Flake in the Country Gent.

Morse, Thuber88, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  19. JimInks

And now for a light perique taste: Golden Age in a straight 1978 black sandblasted Sir Brent billiard with lucite stem and silver band repair on the shank.
    More ice water to drink as I listen to MLB talk on the XM, and catch up on some reading.

Morse, Thuber88, YAPPG and 11 others like this.
  20. JimInks

Before I go to sleep, I'm getting in one last smoke: Maple Street in a 1980 raw sienna light relief Rossi 1886 Visconte 245 Oom Paul with an Amber colored stem. Suzy and Molly are fed, so they'll go and catch some zzzzzs, too.

Morse, Thuber88, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.