1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Flake (Capstan) in my MM General. I´ve always rubbed flake but now tried to fold it and stuff it in the bowl. I don´t know. It works but I have to relight it much more often than when I fill the bowl losely (gravity method) with the rubbed tobacco. Also the folded flake seem to burn hotter. As an experiment it was worthwile but I think I´ll stick to my old ways.

Lucky Duck, Morse, surlysoul and 13 others like this.
  2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

just had my first smoke in the new peterson system. cornell & diehl's odessa while walking along the northeastern english coast. quite cloudy and windy, and a good bit cooler than im used to for august, but all things considered very pleasant. no stress!

Lucky Duck, Morse, surlysoul and 16 others like this.
  3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning All. Enjoying some fine FMOTT in a Falcon right now. Pg tips in the mug. While I was out and about chasing ladies in the Krogers grocery, I tried some Pepsi Max, 0 calorie cola. Has Aspertame, tho, but barely taste it. Not too bad and may make a good substitute. We shall see.

Lucky Duck, Morse, User4408 and 16 others like this.
  4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Bright CR Flake in
    the York Extra with
    apple bowl. Nothing
    new to report.

Lucky Duck, Morse, surlysoul and 12 others like this.
  5. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

I have had the same experience. Peterson's Irish Flake. I tried rubbing it a couple of times then tried folding it for a couple of pipes. For me, its a much better smoke when I rub it.

Morse, surlysoul, WalkinStick and 9 others like this.
  6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

How did that work for ya ?

7. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Having some CH in a Corndog with the last of the Maxwell House. Been working in the shop making an entry for Cobfoolery. Won't be long till it'll be time for the pictures (where did I put that grass skirt and coconut bra? Oh yea, bedroom.)

Lucky Duck, Morse, User4408 and 17 others like this.
  8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Had a wonderful bowl of Revor Plug in the Castello Canadian Sea Rock then tackled taking the old Lavatory Faucet out as it was always too low for mutha. Went for walkabout and had a wonderful time with Levi whilst smoking Warrior Plug in the Tsuge Tankard.

We then stopped at the hardware store to pick up the required 3/4" to 3/8" high pressure supply hoses and then to pick up Levi's food and home again.

Unloaded the Crosstour and put everything away, treated Levi and Logan who was visiting then went up to tackle the final installation of the new Lavatory Faucet with the high neck (most important for filling plant water containers and keeping mutha happy) and am now enjoying PRM #9 of strong and black then I'll put all my tools away since mutha has decided she'll put the Lavatory Closet and Drawers back together.

9. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Kajun Kake in the Sav 316.

10. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Granger...Legend...breakfast...champions...etc.

Morse, Smokey, surlysoul and 15 others like this.
  11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Not all that good, some of them let me catch them. :blah::laff:

User4408, surlysoul, MDaws79 and 10 others like this.
  12. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Nasty, horrible Black Irish - that some folks swear tastes and smells like burning tires!....how I've managed to smoke this stuff for over forty years is a mystery! - but I reckon I'm vulcanised by now! :ohyh:......in an OT billiard (in fact the first one I ever made ). Yes, I know the stem needs cleaning - but it's been stuck in my mouth all day, as I strolled around York watching the antics of the tourists!. :rolleyes:
    OT
    [​IMG]

13. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Getting stuck into my very first attempt at smoking a plug with some 3P's in my bent falcon.

14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Sorry to hear about your pain because of you kidney stone, Paul! Hope it passes soon!

still confused about this self-multiplying finished sample...:confused: :haha:
    http://pipesmokersforum.com/communi...-smoking-july-2013.30084/page-191#post-631471
    [​IMG]

What about some leaves?
    [​IMG]

Good evening esteemed smokers!
    Kickin' Chicken (many many thanks to p2 !:toast: ) in a ROCK COB (many many thanks to rekamepip ! :toast:) for a well-deserved after work smoke.

15. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Starting out with some Spinnaker in a MM bent Legend , no ice tea yet.
    Hope Paul is having a better day today and all his problems pass soon.:)

16. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Not smoking anything right now, but I figured that I should get on here and warn everyone that the Mad German Mailbox bomber has struck again. Opened up my mail box and was instantly struck down in the street by a large box of HATE.
    Thanks so much Simmo I can't wait to try it! Up yours, you hateful Bastich!

17. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

once again I've awakened in the daylight hours. Will blunders never cease? Starting the day with Maltese Falcon in the legend with the usual industrial strength caffine hit. Using the legend means multiple bowls. Which is why I rarely use the legend any more. A very generous PSF member has sent me a couple of Grabows, when they arrive the legend may never be used again. So, I'm going to use it this morning before locking it away in the 'just in case' case.

18. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Finished getting ready for work, have to stop on my way in at the Post Office to start a package on its journey to Scotland. Tomorrow morning heading to Ohio for the last of my kids wedding on Saturday. Then, hopefully, life will resume it's boring ritual! Finishing up another bowl of CH in the corndog.

19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Debating on smoking one of my experimental pipes
    or
    leaving it new for the Daws Brothers because they will smoke just about anything

:confused:

100_3229.JPG 100_3251.JPG

got some serious ugly going on here

Lucky Duck, nicktrap, Morse and 16 others like this.
  20. dBear

dBear Active Member

:laff: Ah, that hit my funny bone in just the right way, at just the right time.

Got some Peretti Park Square burning in the Squatch prince. (Thanks, YappyG!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.