What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Up early to sign for a package, so I decided to smoke 2003 Dunbar with added Percy Martin Farms year 1991 perique in a 2002 smooth natural straight silver banded Ardor Venere Extra Fatta A Mano Maigret, signed by Dorelio Rovera. Simply Orange is my drink. Suzy is sitting next to me, pawing at my hand. Does she want attention? Oh nooooooooo..... she's tried to walk on my laptop, climb up my arm, and grab my hand and pull it away from the keyword. Okay, okay, I get the message! Suzy wins again!

2. Morse

Morse Active Member

Morning PSF. Got the day off today abd plan on spending it with my daughter who is off to college in a week. Mom & I are taking her out for dinner and a movie later - this morning its school supply shopping and a few errands.

Smoking some Boswell's Raspberry and Cream, in the BST slightly bent apple and confirming that I do not like aromatics with a lot of Black Cav in them - they always taste sour to me. I guess if you enjoyed it you would call it "tart" but I don't love it. Is this simply characteristic of Black Cav in general? It is in my experience but said experience is limited and thoughts welcome

3. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Been up for a while, starting the day with a bowl of Moldy Spinnaker in the POY13 just for chuckles, and ice tea

4. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Since cavendish is a treatment/process rather than a type of tobacco I would think there can be a lot of variety within anything that is "Black Cav." Cavendish is usually steamed, most often with sugars or flavorings, then stored under pressure. A "typical mix" is 54% tobacco, 22% water, 8% alcohol and the balance sugars and flavoring.

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now, it's Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. And thinking about what to have for lunch.

As for the Black Cavendish question Morse posed, I think Coastal Bend nailed it. The BC in Davidoff Flake Medallions is different than Molto Dulce which is different than the BC in the EGR I'm smoking, which is slightly different than the BC in the Great Outdoors blend. Lots can be done with it.

6. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Bright CR Flake in
    a irish rustic Istanbul.
    Think I finally found
    a bowl to dedicate
    this blend to.

7. Morse

Morse Active Member

BFD ;)

8. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

I do not like black cav in general. The rasp & cream sounds good to me, though.

9. Iain

Iain Active Member

Rich, Dark Flake in a Pete 303 with Champagne :ohyh:

10. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Also have day off from work. Didn't get up until 9:30! Russian tea and mm CG filled with EMP got me started. Followed that with briar packed with Walnut. Been on a Walnut kick this week. When September gets here, I'll order some London Mixture to replace it. But the tub I bought last October seems to be lasting forever!

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Federal Tobacconists Dark Navy Flake (thanks, Banjo!) in the PSF POY 2013. Finished the coffee, so it's cool water in the glass. No floaty li'l icebergs since their tuxedos are all out being dry cleaned.

12. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Thinking back to last night's smokes. I finally got back to some of my other blends. Managed to smoke Luxury blend in a mm cob and it was really enjoyable. That was after a great dinner of a harvest veg soup and chicken breasts and primavera. Watched most of the replay of the Phillies 12-1 win over the Cubs (slept during part of it).

13. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

About time for lunch. Maybe some Con Choice as an appetizer?

14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Hey ho,
    just came home from the recording studio. Looks like they've chosen me as the new voice for Knorr after all. :punk: To celebrate I'm smoking some HU Joschis Oriental Sunrise in a Rick Hahn Brandy, followed by going out for a meal at the best Greek restaurant of Wiesbaden. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have a great evening everyone!

Old Codger, DS86, Lucky Duck and 24 others like this.
  15. dBear

dBear Active Member

Woo-hoo!!!!!

bdpbdp

16. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Just had some Penzance in my Clairmont... I think I'm starting to "get" it. It was gooood.

17. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Starting the day with maltese falcon again. It's the only thing left that isn't a kake or plug. it's way too early to deal with those things. My brain is starting slower than usual but the coffee and smoke should help, I hope. It's too sunny to be a dead brain today.

18. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Congratulations!

Lucky Duck, Morse, PipeSimmo and 6 others like this.
  19. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

A bowl of CH to break in a new estate Stanwell.

20. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

:appl:Congratulations Simon!

Old Codger, Morse, PipeSimmo and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.