What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSmall

JoeSmall Member

Congrats Simon

2. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

3. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

That's awesome, congratulations. Do we get to hear it?

Lucky Duck, Morse, PipeSimmo and 9 others like this.
  4. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

A bowl of Plum Cake in the Country Gent and off to read myself to sleep.

5. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Of course I now have no idea what you intended to communicate.
    I'm breaking in a few new cobs today with a mixture of OTC's (one of the few acronyms I know").

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Smoking Country Estate in a medium bend 2013 black Rekamepip Rock Cob poker. Think I'll have Simply Lemonade for my drink.

7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Grats Simon!!!!

Morse, PipeSimmo, Thuber88 and 6 others like this.
  8. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Pipes looking good :th1: and though the Tobacco sounds Great :drly: what an awful bland tin, time for a Wickered
    [​IMG]

9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Do you mean this Knorr [​IMG]

Congratulations........... :bing:

Lucky Duck, Morse, User4408 and 11 others like this.
  10. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Fire dance Flake in the Bertram bent billiard. I was mowing the lawn with it and now am sitting and enjoying it immensely. This is bulk stuff....I do not like the tinned version.

11. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Capstan Gold Navy Cut (flake) in a Missouri Pride. Maybe the best smoker of all MM cobs.

12. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Active Member

I'm just back inside from a half bowl of Best Brown Flake in my 2011 MM POY. I'm planning on topping it up and heading back out later on to finish it off.

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Oh man, what a dufus! You lamebrain! Don't you know anything????? OBVIOUSLY he meant he was smoking Dark Flake Unscented in a Doug G. Erwin NoseWarmer. Don't they teach you anything at the baby forum? I bet you smoke Carter Hall, too! And in a corncob pipe or something! Get a briar, NEWBIE! Man, the people they let onto this forum! I just don't know...

(Edit: Hey, can anybody clue me in to what OTC means? Send me a PM, I don't want to look stupid.)

14. pacificflows

pacificflows Member

Orlik Golden Sliced with Twinning's Earl Grey.​
    [​IMG]

15. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Took off early to get a head start on mowing had some August Mix in the Rekamepip cob. Stopped for something else so I chose CH in MM CG. As I didn't want to stop again I put my MM in the cup I keep in the cup holder. About half way thru I noticed it was gone!!:eek: . Look,look,look DAMN!!!!! I found it when I ran over it.
    To make matters worse the new kid " Rain-man" I hired on for the summer rush screw up and started a thunder boomer right over my head. I had to let him go. If you want something done right, run over your own pipe with the mower and get soaking wet.

16. DS86

DS86 Active Member

Just finished up a heavenly bowl of Full Virginia Flake. It had bloom on it when I bought it, and it just keeps getting better. Lasted about an hour :sh:

17. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Back from my acupuncture session feeling human again, so I made us a lovely mid day repast consisting of eggs, sunny side up, chicken sausages, baked beans and toasted everything bagels with some Brazilian Cerrado, strong and black in PRM # 2498 give or take. Had a smashing bowl of the last of the H&C/965 Mix in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem and a double double Cuban espresso on the side. :drly:

19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

just came in from a bowl of kickin' chicken in the peterson system. gotta be careful, tasted a little briar in the heel, but i don't think any damage was done. going to try to take it easy on that pipe until i get home, where there is far less wind

20. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Started the day by making up a batch of
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Once through the front cutter
    [​IMG]
    twice through the front cutter
    [​IMG]
    once through the back cutter, laid horizontal to cross cut
    [​IMG]
    Pipe’s my Invicta
    [​IMG]
    once again it smoked cool and dry right down to ash
    [​IMG]

So a couple of weeks ago these leaves were picked dark green and strung in the Curing Barn at 95*F and 75% Humidity,
    where they went to light green, then light yellow, golden yellow and to light brown.
    I took them down this morning, still in curing case, smoothed them out then folded them in half and pinching with thumb and finger of one hand pulled the mid-rib out, then put them through the Pasta shredder and into my Pipe ! When I was beginning to grow at the start of the year and trying to find "how to information" on PSF, it was case, dry out, re-hydrate, ferment, dry, in such a complicated way it was almost off putting ! with a couple of members saying I’ve got them cased and dried what next.
    One member had a few years worth at this stage in store ! All I can say is “Put it in your Pipe and Smoke it”
    I’m smoking a bowl full in the Egg Cob as I post this and I think it’s fine, but that might be just me. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.