1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

From swedish summer directly to Winter. Only on PSF.

2. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

I think it´s safe to go outside and finish my smoke now. (Fingers crossed.)

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

CH in a Dublin bowl.
    Good morning.

4. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

After several inched of rain yesterday, looks like a nice day in Maine today. Finishing up the black coffee and having some Davidhoff Red (thanks, Coastie). Next up, yet another trip to the autoparts store (an oil pan this time). Hoping to wrap up the Caravan project this weekend.

5. muddler

muddler Active Member

All four seasons in one day here. Right now cloudy & chilly. Having a great day with my visiting daughter. But right now ensconced in the dungeon with a bowl of Old Gowrie in an old Pete 309.

[​IMG]

6. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

This morning it's a 40/60 blend of G&H's Irish twists (Black with Brown) in a Moretti and some New Awlins-style chicory coffee, extra greezy. Booyah! :puffy:

The sun's starting to climb up over the mountaintops and it looks to be a fine day. Hope yoos have a good 'un gents!

[​IMG]

7. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill Member

Good morning all! OGS in Mario Grandi nosewarmer with some Keemun Imperial tea. Some OGS fell in my tea and still drinking it. I think I'm onto something!

[​IMG]

8. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

That made my day and it's just started. Thanks!

9. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Giving myself an early afternoon kick in the face with some pure latakia washed down with some pepsi max.

10. briarbob

briarbob Member

I really ilke that pipe, looked them up and saw this one http://pipesandcigars.com/mopimatr.html#.UgZB4_fD_IU reminds me of a DGE. The wood dot accents are a nice touch.

11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good morning all. Started this day off with some Early Morning Pancake, thanks to dBear, in a falcon. Thinking about fixing some real waffles in a bit. Pg tips in the IV and a dip of Grizzly Wintergreen, round out the heart starters and loosens the stiff joints. Happy Weekend!

12. scopawl

scopawl Member

That's funny, nice here in Stockholm now... Where are you?

YAPPG, WalkinStick, Thuber88 and 3 others like this.
  13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Finished up the Red Cake I had left in the Falcon while stumbling about brewing coffee, but now it's Classic Burley Kake in the Rekamepip maple tank whilst consuming coffee. That gets me going, but today I'm looking forward to some serious smoking for a change.

psquared, User4408, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  14. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Started to get my smoking back to normal last night while watching the Phillies lose to the gNats. Smoked some Blue Note, then some MB Plum Cake. Finished up with two pipes of Honey & Chocolate.

Starting the Saturday very slowly. Didn't get out of bed until after 7am. Russian tea along with EMP, followed by Walnut in a briar. I'm afraid not much is going to get done today.

psquared, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 13 others like this.
  15. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Granger in a Westbrook/coffee,just got my tickets confirmed for the family and I going to Pittsburgh on 8-30 to see the Bucko's play the Cards LETS GO BUCS.

psquared, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 11 others like this.
  16. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! Saturday smoking has begun here. It's J. F. Germain & Son King Charles High Class Smoking Mixture in my DGE Briar Nosewarmer. Black coffee to drink. Now It's off to the hardware store. Puff on PSFers!

psquared, User4408, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  17. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Golden Extra in a DGE cob.

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Reminds me of a newspaper article that was written up years ago ...
    when a few friends got interviewed about some happenings in our little town.
    After an unnamed individual was broke out of jail we , they then proceeded to do "Some Serious Partying"

~~~ oh what a freekin mess that was ~~~
    :shead:

psquared, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 9 others like this.
  19. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Finished my morning coffee and having a bowl of Blue Note in my poker. Time to head over for the pre wedding photo shoot. Before this day is over, there will be alcohol involved!

20. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Thanks Bob! I always liked the look of the finish on Mario's pipes as well, and I'd heard lots of good things over the years about their smoking qualities, but whenever I came across one it would invariably be just too big & too heavy for my tastes, and usually the styling would be a bit too neo-classical for me as well (see my mayoral deference here with the absence of any derogatory reference to an overly italian design philosophy. :whis: :beck:) Then I found this one which is just over 5 inches and is really nice & light, and more classically styled to my eye. It's got a decent sized chamber too, for a smaller pipe, just a bit bigger than a typical Peterson 314/221 I'de say.

Mario's a great guy to do business with as well, if you ever consider doing a commission with him. :puffy:

psquared, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.