What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Kind of bored this morning- still waiting the arrival of briar chunks in the mail.....

smoking a bowl of granger in shop pipe
    while reinventing my
    walnut volcano

from this:

103_1537.JPG

to this:

View attachment 1909

100_3290.JPG

MDaws79, psquared, Morse and 18 others like this.
  2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly let me sleep in, and they are getting extra tuna for their patience. I'm starting off my smoke day with 2003 Dunbar with added Percy Martin Farms year 1991 perique in a 2003 medium bent straight grain Two dot 2 P. Ardor Venere Extra Bucaneve with a silver ferrule signed by Dorelio Rovera. A glass of ice tea properly chilled is my drink.

Called in to Casey Stern's MLB talk show on the XM, and gave my opinion on NY Yankees half witted radio play-by-play man John Sterling. It felt good to criticize Sterling for saying things like, "We don't know what A-Rod did. We need to support him." :blah:nbg Yeesh!! :doh:

MDaws79, psquared, Morse and 15 others like this.
  3. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Back on the 3P's, lovely stuff.

psquared, Morse, User4408 and 11 others like this.
  4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Both styles are very nice John and I see your rustication has jumped to another level or are you letting the pipe tell you what to do? ;)

psquared, Morse, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
  5. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Took a file and a sandpaper block to my Rekamepip Briar bowl and turned it into a sitter, and with a wrap of PTFE tape fit a MM Plastic Amber stem
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and what a what a superb smoker cool and dry and barely gets warm to touch, you can keep your $1000 Dunhills :whis:
    as I can't see them smoking any better :msty: the "white dot" must cost $985
    It's hardly been unlit, smoking Plantation mix, all day as I listened to Test Match Cricket on Long Wave and worked in the Curing Barn.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's lit now, thanks Rekamepip :nwor:

MDaws79, psquared, Morse and 13 others like this.
  6. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

About to hit some DFS in the Czech nose warmer. This is looking to become the car combo after the window disagreed with the length of my Savinelli. It wasn't even a good story, I was parked and looking to see if it was safe to open the door...

MDaws79, psquared, Morse and 11 others like this.
  7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

For all the Friday Tin Poopers out there, I know you've set Friday as you day to poop a tin and as most know I opened a tin of Latakia Flake since it had been 6 weeks since my last smoke and I was jonesing for a smoke something fierce and it was wonderful.

Today I got my 5 pack of Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture from Pipes&Cigars so I took a tin with me as backup on walkabout along with the Tsuge Tankard but the Kendal Plug lasted the trip.

After a fantastic lunch of rustic smoked salmon, dill and cream cheese spread over toasted everything bagel's I decided I owed myself a smoke of the latest iteration of this blend so I chose the Dunhill Quaint Cutty group 2 size and lit it with my Dunhill Rollagas Lighter and tamped it with my Dunhill One Spot Tamper and enjoyed a smoke reminiscent of masted ship, clay cutty shaped pipes, the sea and tankards of ale at the pub, a lovely blend indeed, makes me wish I had enjoyed the original to have compared them.

[​IMG]

MDaws79, psquared, Morse and 17 others like this.
  8. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Just parked the Thruxton and came inside. Loading up the MM Country Gentleman bent with some Carter Hall.

9. JimInks

Thanks to DBear, I'm smoking an after lunch bowl of Early Morning Pancake in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin. Going to work now as I listen to the idiot NY Yankees radio broadcasters. I'll get a reprieve at 4:00 EST when Vin Scully calls the Dodgers game. Talk about ridiculous to the sublime!!

MDaws79, psquared, Morse and 11 others like this.
  10. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

After breakfast smoke was Virginia Woods in the small Montbatten bent bulldog along with an A&W Root Beer over crushed ice. Finished about a half bowl before deciding a nap was in order. Now up and finishing the DGT. Family will be here soon so I think I will load a bowl of PA Dutch Treat for us to enjoy.

psquared, Morse, User4408 and 13 others like this.
  11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Thanks to mecompco, I'm getting to sample some MacB Navy Flake in the Squatch prince. Water properly cooled by a hand carved ice sculpture of Michelangelo's Pieta is my drink.

psquared, Morse, JoeSmall and 16 others like this.
  12. user3221

user3221 Active Member

I was inspired by your sea urchin pipe
    trying different rustication processes - so i blame it on you :poke:

psquared, surlysoul, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  13. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Jim do you ever take a full day off work???

surlysoul, YAPPG, Thuber88 and 3 others like this.
  14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

pictures or it did not happen
    :popc:

15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I have large shoulders and will carry that blame with pride sir and dare anyone who fails to see the pride in carrying to try and knock it off, that is all! :hbang:

JoeSmall, surlysoul, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  16. JimInks

No, not really. And I'm grateful for the work. It's not high paying, but at least I like it... well, most of the time anyway.

psquared, Morse, surlysoul and 10 others like this.
  17. JimInks

Thanks to Fishnbanjo, I'm smoking MacBaren Plum Cake in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. Getting near the end of this stash, too. Btw, how are you enjoying the Elizabethan Mixture, Mr. Fish? I used to smoke it, but haven't ordered the new stuff yet. It used to have a nice spice note. Hope it still does. I'm waiting until I see reviews before buying it.

Now, back to work before I shatter all of Rekamepip's illusions!! :xd:

psquared, Morse, User4408 and 11 others like this.
  18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Back on subject
    I am smoking borkum riff in walnut volcano
    as this whiskey blend really is nice out of a walnut pipe !

Sun Drop Soda is my drink with those floaty ice bergs that everyone talks about

psquared, Morse, nicktrap and 14 others like this.
  19. JimInks

Ah, but the difference is that mine are hand cut by the young nubiles!! :ngty:

Morse, surlysoul, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  20. dBear

dBear Active Member

[​IMG]

There was a lot more detail before I put it in the glass. :)

surlysoul, YAPPG, MacNutz and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.