1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Damn it, man!

Still enjoying my cannonballed PS LNF in the MM CG w/Forever Stem.

2. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Finishing off the day with an MM Legend full of 1792 flake.

psquared, Morse, nicktrap and 14 others like this.
  3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

well, just got back from a long, relaxing evening walk on the beach. smoked the last of the avanti cigars i brought with me. it couldnt be pleasanter. except for the end. at first it was funny...a trio of drunken, bedraggled ladies walked past me on the way to the next bar, and one of them looked at me and said something i couldnt for the life of me understand. i couldnt tell if she was making a pass at me or insulting me, dont have a clue what she said. some of the accents are hard enough for me to understand, but her being plastered didnt make her any clearer. her friend apologized for her, then she (near as i could tell) said something like "nice t'meetcha"

while i'd gone on my walk, the bar next door which has, everytime i'd seen it before, been closed, must have opened for the evening. every night here has been accompanied by loud, pulsing, thumping club music. i just always figured the bars nearby were especially loud. they arent, it just the noise from a few walls over.

now i know why this room was so reasonably priced. moral of the story: learn what you can about a hotel's neighborhood before thinking "what a bargain!" the bar is open until three....too bad, because this is the nicest room ive had on my trip, and i like this town netter than anywhere ive stayed so far, but sleeping here is moserable.

psquared, Morse, nicktrap and 12 others like this.
  4. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

No Problem :toast:

[​IMG]

5. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Finishing off whatever I had in the Aldo Velani Milano Volcano, then refilling it with McB Navy Flake for the next go around

psquared, Morse, User4408 and 12 others like this.
  6. dBear

dBear Active Member

Oh please! Now, who's going to believe the Virgin Mary had a mustache and smoked a pipe?:mad:

7. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

It's a Miracle :eek:

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Dodgers lead the Rays 2-0 in the 3rd. I'm smoking Rekamepip's "Sinphony" Mix in a straight 2012 Rekamepip made Sugar Barrel pipe. A can of Sprite is my drink.

Hhmmm... still pouring rain. Guess Stormy wants a refill.

psquared, Morse, User4408 and 13 others like this.
  9. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Boswell Bear Blend
    (thanks Artistik!) in
    the clay. Miss Snake
    likes the patio note.

psquared, Morse, SidStavros and 14 others like this.
  10. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

You guys are killing me with the Pererti's. I've just looked through their entire catalog online and can't stop drooling. I'd like to just order samples of all their Lat blends and flakes. :drly:

11. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Starting my day with maltese Falcon in the Pete, with the massive coffee hit. In spite of the film noire associations this is an OK early smoke

psquared, Morse, nicktrap and 12 others like this.
  12. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

EMP in the Pete.

[​IMG]

psquared, nicktrap, SidZiff and 14 others like this.
  13. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I'm now smoking half a flake of PS LNF fully rubbed out in the Wild Honey pipe Still sipping tepid coffee.

MDaws79, psquared, User4408 and 12 others like this.
  14. JimInks

Is there anything better than the smell of Full Virginia Flake in a box, tin, or bag when you open it to fill a pipe? One thing is: smoking it! Which I'm doing in a much cherished smooth straight grain three quarter bend 1979 Becker M 4 heart brandy.

Dodgers have a 4-0 lead over the Rays in 4th, and are threatening to score again.

psquared, Morse, User4408 and 12 others like this.
  15. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

My Elizabethan Mixture came today. Like Banjo said, it's a lovely smoke. Slow burning and mild. I don't get much spice or any taste of the perique. Va room note is good. All in all nice sipping smoke but not very high on the list for me. Smoking some in my Medico Apple. Got some Pepsi Max to drink along with the smoke.

MDaws79, Morse, User4408 and 11 others like this.
  16. JimInks

That doesn't sound like the Murray's version I used to smoke, which had a nice perique taste. Is there much bright Virginia in there?

17. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Danske Club White Roses.

psquared, Morse, nicktrap and 10 others like this.
  18. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Finished the Dutch Treat and now on to Mc.C's Blackwood Flake. Sitting in the Florida Room and sipping on a nice Merlot. BTW, Stormy stopped by for awhile this afternoon. I asked him in for a smoke but he was in a hurry to move on into south Georgia.

psquared, Morse, nicktrap and 11 others like this.
  19. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Two of there flakes are McC flakes. London is the VA/Per flake and cant remember which Cambridge is. I like them both and will order the McC ones next to see. Cambridge discription is nearly the same as McC's Description on TR. 2020, thats it for Cambridge. 2015 for the VA/Per flake. The McC bulk has been 15% off. I think it still is but I got the Dunhill instead.

psquared, User4408, nicktrap and 7 others like this.
  20. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Can't tell, but to me it seems as if there is some stoved added. I can pick out almost a taste that remindes me of KK. Looks like it might be half and half on the va mixes, or rather pretty equil in there amounts if there are just two va's in there.

psquared, User4408, dBear and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.