1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

Yesterday I rediscovered the joy of squadron leader in my peterson Killarney red billiard. This blend and this pipe were made for each other!

2. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

Also, a couple of go's with peterson summertime in my MM legend also revealed another winning combination!

3. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Next up, the new SWR from Scandinavian Tobacco Group in a bent MM Legend ... previously I've been finishing up a dried pouch of the old stuff. The old stuff wasn't bad, but the new version smells incredibly good, like the SWR I remember from decades ago. And it's moist! Not like the previous pouch which was as dry and chunky as dog kibble.

But first I have to shank ream a couple of pipes.

4. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Indulging in a spot of 3P's before having to get ready for another wretched shift at work.

psquared, PipeSimmo, Thuber88 and 9 others like this.
  5. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

That is a cracking combo. Try some Germain's 1820 in it, that goes in there quite well too.

6. scopawl

scopawl Member

I've got so many open tins just now- I'm only a few bowls away from the end of Escudo, and a few more from the end of Presbyterian Mixture. My task over the next few days is to finish these off.
    (Mainly because I'm desperate to open up a couple of new blends!)

I'm basically going to be alternating Escudo and PM until they're done, but the problem is finding enough time...

7. muddler

muddler Active Member

A beautiful early Spring day today. Man, I'm glad to see the back of winter! My family (daughter etc) are visiting & I'm having a great time with my little granddaughter. They're off exploring this morning so I'm sneaking in a pipe in my study (with the extractor fan on full!). It's Old Gowrie in a Pietenpauw Bing. This pipe has quite a deep bowl & really works well with Va.

[​IMG]

8. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

SWR in the PSF POY

9. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Stormy must have been pulling overtime shifts around here the past month. Lake levels are up over a foot from my last visit here a month ago. I can paddle the kayak lazily through the swamp at the end of the lake while enjoying a MM Legend full of Peterson Summertime 2012 and the frogs don't even vacate their lily pads until I'm almost on top of them.
    Another beautiful morning with Peterson Summertime 2011 in the BST Compact Little Brute and black coffee down by the lake and a nod to the Great Blue Heron as he did his daily flyby shoreline inspection. 14C(57F)H86%

10. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Magnum Opus, in a bent and blasted dublin.

11. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Top o' the morn' tae ye PSF! The sun's yet to come up here but it promises to be another fine day - mid 70s F and clear blue skies, 15% humidity. Kicking off with C&D's Burley Flake #1 in a Dunnie Tanshell poker and a french press fulla sumatran. Gad I luv a Sunday mornin'! :puffy:

[​IMG]

12. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

More nice weather in Maine today. Just finished breakfast, getting ready to head to the garage and (hopefully) finish up the van project, then a couple hours of lawn mowing. Sadly, start back to work tomorrow--summer when way to fast!

Had some Sugar Barrel in the Diplomat first thing, then some Luxury Bullseye Flake in the Pioneer Meer with coffee. Not sure what's up next, perhaps some OJK.

Have a great day, everyone.

13. user3221

user3221 Active Member

14. briarbob

briarbob Member

English blend from local B&M in a Falcon, strong Folgers coffee brewed in a percolator. Today's tasks will be poop patrol (2 big dogs) after mowing the lawn.
    Will try to squeeze in some woodworking this afternoon. I enjoy smoking while messing around the garage, not sure what the choice will be but it will be in a Yellow Bole Brylon.........yeah I know "Brylon" but they take a beating.

psquared, PipeSimmo, Thuber88 and 9 others like this.
  15. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

I lasted 3 days smoking Peterson Summertimes and Special Reserves. They're all fine tobaccos, but for me enough is enough. LEO in the BST Canadian is exactly what I need right now and fortunately I have a good stash of tobaccos here. Even the Kingfisher sitting on a branch overhanging the water a few yards downwind is agreeing. 19C(66F)H69%

16. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Sugar Barrel in a DGE Modified 5th Avenue and some coffee on the side.

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Up too durn early, but Suzy and Molly didn't mind. They had turkey and cheese a little early, and are now happy little kittens. While I'm awake, I'm smoking Angler's Dream in a 2001 Karl Erik Ekstravagant A medium bend with a pointy bottom and a wide top. Simply Orange is my drink.

18. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

And that Ladies and Gents is how we became The Republic of Texas in just 18 minutes after destroying the Mexican Army at San Jacinto. That's where the phrase "Don't Mess With Texas" orginally began. Smoking some Carter Hall in a naturally finished Bullitt Proof Cob with a cherry shank and a K-cup of sumptin' my wife brought me. Glad to here Levi is doing better and hoping Paul gets those stones under control. Someone once told me that passing a stone is the closest a man comes to feeling the pain of childbirth. No thank ye!

19. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Clear and sunny here today, the weather forecast is still in reruns, high in the high 90's lows in the high 70's we are supposed to have some high winds today though, there's nothing like 40 mph gusts to make 100 degrees feel like a blast furnace.

I opened a tin of Dan/CAO midnight ride from 2001 Friday and started the day with that in a Roma bent Dublin I'm really liking that. A milder English to be sure but its had lots of time to meld.

Now I'm onto CAO Liberty in a cob, lots of coffee and the feeling that this is going to be a serious pipe smoking day;)

psquared, PipeSimmo, Thuber88 and 7 others like this.
  20. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Don't torture yourself, my Good Man! Open at least one tin of everything ya' got! Now!!

It does take a bit of planning, but it's possible to manage a lot of open tins at once. I currently have 53 open tobaccos, about 3 dozen of which are in my regular rotation. The remaining ones are occasional smokes. Believe me: it's possible. And it's enjoyable!

Finishing up some SWR in a bent MM Legend. A fantastic smoke. The Half & Half was good, but this is light-years beyond that. A nice deep rich burley flavor and aroma, with a much smoother finish than the H&H. Particularly good with this ultra strong Colombia Supremo I'm drinking, pulled ristretto and topped with some frothed rich cream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.