What Are You Smoking? December, 2012

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

Stonehaven in a Stanwell!

Boring rainy day.

after this is through Squadron Leader in a Sandblasted Hardcastle

2. BC56CH

BC56CH Member

Solani 633 in a Stanwell Canadian.
    Great smoke on a cold rainy day.

3. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

B & B Tobacconists Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard.

krusty and Old Codger like this.
  4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

H&H Virginia Spice in a 1980 smooth slight bend, long stem Prince no name 97, made by Charatan.

krusty and Old Codger like this.
  5. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

McC 5100 in my Dunhill Root Briar PO

Artistik, Alan Dye and Rewster66 like this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

In fairness, I do think a good many of the ancient monuments (the pyramids in Egypt and the Americas, just for starters) can not be adequately explained by orthodox historians claiming that it was all done with ropes, earthen ramps and logs in just a matter of a decade or two. The sheer size and weight of some of these blocks, not to mention the geographic locations involved in some instances (such as at the tops of mountains in South America in the case of some structures, though not pyramids) would make it very difficult to do even today unless some of the best, biggest, and most expensive machines available were used. I just think it's a total cop out to look at all the evidence against the mainstream historians' claims and immediately jump to "well, must have been flying saucers."

I think it doesn't give our ancestors enough credit - they were smart. As smart as us. It is wholly conceivable that there simply was some method used, by them, which has since been lost and forgotten. I also don't think it gives any potentially existent, or formerly existent, alien species much credit, either. Why in the world would some intelligent species thousands of years more technologically advanced than ourselves want to cross vast, almost immeasurable distances throughout space simply to do our construction for us? The more one tries to explain why this would happen, the more convoluted and unlikely the scenario becomes.

I'm not satisfied with the textbook description of the past, but I don't think the answer lies with anything so outlandish.

Anyway, I just had a Parodi king not long ago. About to fire up a bowl of Kendal Dark in the Signature billiard/pot:puffy:

highstump, Alan Dye, Morse and 2 others like this.
  7. cmkiefer

cmkiefer Member

University Flake in straight MM Legend. Second attempt. Went much better. Dried it more. Cut the flake to make <1/8" flakes.

8. Calvinandpipe

Calvinandpipe Active Member

Nesta, you should check out The Puzzle of Ancient Man by a guy named Donald Chittick. You may not agree with some of his presuppositions but his premise is that ancient man was very smart but much knowledge was lost due to catastrophe and migration of people groups. An interesting read anyway.

Had some Dunhill Flake in Paykoc meer.

Smokingmiami, JimInks and nesta like this.
  9. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Working on some SG BBF in the Randy Wiley bent Rhodie. Can y'all believe I found a tin of this stuff at my local B&M today? It's all MINE now ...

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I have a book I've read called Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock. It's extremely fringe and highly questionable, but thought provoking no less. He posits that modern humans are vastly older than generally thought and that we were already extremely advanced by the time the most recent ice age came about, and that the events just before, during, and after that period pretty close to eradicated the species, and wiped clean most evidence of humanity's previously thriving civilization. There are some obvious problems with the theory, and much of his evidence is apparently pretty flimsy according to experts, which I am not. As an outside observer, I find the arguments he makes compelling, though I don't assume them to actually be true; I don't have any thing close to the kind of knowledge needed to fairly evaluate his claims.

If I get some free time I might need to check out The Puzzle of Ancient Man. Thanks :)

Calvinandpipe likes this.
  11. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Got some Dunhill Flake airing out.
    Will be my first try of this tobacco, going to put it in my Spillproof.

12. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Pondering the possibility that Alien vs Predator isn't a factual documentary film. Irish Flake cradling Hyde Park in a Peterson XL24. -16C(3F)H67%.

dwaugh, highstump, TedVig and 9 others like this.
  13. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

C&D Big and Burley in a 1983 medium bend, mostly smooth, bottom rusticated Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier 3 Fait Main. I'm trying to produce a thick cloud cover in case the space aliens are looking for me. ;)

14. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Bob's Square in a Brebbia First. This is one blend that seems hohum in a regular size bowl but spectacular in a supersized one. Kinda hohum tonight.

Old Codger, JimInks and jpberg like this.
  15. krusty

krusty Active Member

507c in a Sav "Dry System" 614

TedVig and JimInks like this.
  16. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Hi,

Had a busy day doing, well, stuff.

Ten Russians in a Squatch.

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Finally getting to that bowl of Kendal Dark in the Signature, watching "Rick Steves' European Christmas"

18. BC56CH

BC56CH Member

Orlik GOLDEN SLICED in an old Peterson Churchwarden Dublin Rustic

Old Codger, TedVig and JimInks like this.
  19. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Good idea J.I.. There has been talk on here of alien probes and insertions. Beware :beyes:

Artistik and JimInks like this.
  20. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

H&H Latham Circle in a Smokemaster 300.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.