What Are You Smoking? December, 2012

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Sales Account

Two bowls of Irish whisky in my Pete while driving. Got a pipe rack in the mail today unfortunately it broke in transit so I can see super glue in my immediate future

Waino likes this.
  2. krusty

krusty Active Member

HV in a smallish E.Wilke

3. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

EFI is pretty standard on all vehicles 86 and newer, which was the OBD requirement year. Sadly, mine is an 83. There are a few OBD compliant carburetors called "feedback carburetors" in the late 80s, but most were obsolete by 1990. It was a good idea, but it just didn't work. Just like variable venturi carburetors... they were similar to the CVT design in transmissions-a variable range with one mechanism. Problem with them was the crud in a gas tank was abrasive to the finely adjustable parts, and they wore out fast. The carb I took off was a VV design. Parts are no longer made for it, the bolts/screws are made of bronze and strip with the proper tools being used, and its just a clusterbug design... there were better examples of VV technology but this is one of the bad ones. However, I did get a best MPG record of 41 highway... The truck is in good shape for the age, the body is great but the interior has seen lots of wear. My father in law bought it new, and when the carb needed a rebuild or replacement he was quoted 500+ for the parts cost alone. Blue book for the truck is around 700-so he parked it. I'm one of the last mechanics (shade tree or otherwise) who is comfortable working with a carb, and isn't making random guesses on how to work with it. I do EFI, too, but I have to update my tools to work on it, as the tools I used previously were owned by the shop I worked at. Hand injuries prevent me from going back to that line of work, I can't keep up to meet the demand.

Update: It's pretty windy out so it will be a burley in cobs day instead.... aside from the break.

4. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I am on my way to usher for a friend's recital. I thought I would have a bowl of Newminster Sup Round Slices in my Pete Antique 1903.

Waino likes this.
  5. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

HH ODF (cut in cubes this time) in a cob. Earl Grey tea.

Waino, Chilliwack and JimInks like this.
  6. BC56CH

BC56CH Member

G&H Kendal Kentucky in a Brigham 3dot slightly bent billiard, hot black coffee on the side.
    Fresh snow on the mountains, frost on the roofs.

7. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Had my usual bowl of C&D Red Odessa in the estate JM sig. Now smoking H&H Steamroller in a MM Legend.

Rewster66 and Waino like this.
  8. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Blue Mountain in a MM PE.

Waino and JimInks like this.
  9. beammeuptothesky

beammeuptothesky Member

Good morning!

I'm thinking I will have my last bowl of C&D Sunday Picnic in the Sav 614 so I can pop a new tin this weekend.

~Aaron

Waino likes this.
  10. user3221

user3221 Active Member

1928 in my Whitehall

that is some great tasting tobacco !

Rewster66 and Waino like this.
  11. kb7get

kb7get Member

Smoking some hair of the dog/kibbles and bits/Half & Half mix in a cob. My tobacco drying bowl doubles as the dogs food dish.

dwaugh, Artistik, user3221 and 2 others like this.
  12. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

How was it? I think you need a new drying bowl, or a new dog dish :)

Just finished some PS Balkan Supreme in a CG.

JimInks and Waino like this.
  13. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

HH Old Dark Fired in a MM CG

JimInks, JRobert and Waino like this.
  14. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Smoking some H&H American Heritage in the rekamepip fruitwood cob. Dog is still firmly camped out on the couch ... it grey and rainy here today so neither of us is inclined to go out in it.

Waino likes this.
  15. dbt13

dbt13 Sales Account

Escudo in a Peterson Aran apple.

Lithua pipe, JimInks and krusty like this.
  16. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Getting ready for the anual poker game my brothers and I have each year. Old Companion in my shop pipe. It's a sitter so it'll be the one going with me tonight. Have to wait to see who gets the bragging rights for the year! LoL!

17. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Just finished a bowl of MacBaren Navy Flake in a Basil Meadows Cob. (I feel like I am posting in here too much :P )

Basil Meadows, Lithua pipe and Stormy like this.
  18. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

My friends, today's smoke was at the B&M w. my father. Just so happened today was their Christmas party & we had free smoked ham sammiches w. pineapple honey mustard, honey dew melon, grapes, cherry tomatoes, carrot stix, etc, chips, sweet tea & coffee. FREE.

My father had a Cigar w. cameroon wrapper. I smoked some H&H Dark Fired, grabbed some more coffee. Since he was taking forever to smoke his cigar, I got up & got 4 oz. of Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye flake medallions & put that in my other pipe. We sat there for about 2 1/2 hours, talked, watched college football games that neither of us cared about, & had a father & son tranquil vitamin "N" & coffee & sammich good ole time.

Came home, my mother asked, did you take dad to "our place"? I said, yep! I LOVE that my mother thinks of my B&M as OUR place~!!! Nice to know the folks approve of my vices ;)

If yer wondering why a 35 yr. old is living w. his folks it's because I got off active duty after 12 yrs & need a year to finish school & transfer to Clemson Univ. lol.)

19. user2725

user2725 Active Member

C&D Mountain Camp in a sandblasted Cumberland Peterson 317...
    [​IMG]

20. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Caledonian Melange No. 421.

Lithua pipe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.