What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Walrus Club ?
    [​IMG] Sorry [​IMG] IGMC [​IMG]

2. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Wow, that's pretty cool. That's one of the great things about the net, whether it's mmos or forum or whatever, the folk you get to talk to. I still remember talking to a guy from Beirut just after all this mess in Syria kicked off, interesting to get his perspective on events. Lol, I bet. I went from Xbox to PC as well and I quite agree, graphics are better and it runs quicker. Those mods too, can have so much fun with them.

Having another dose of Royal Yacht in the Benfield. I wonder if Her Maj ever smoked this stuff.

3. Nick

Nick Member

Great advice sir. I'll keep them in my root cellar ( where i keep all of my tobacco jars)

4. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

I've been wondering when my membership was going to come through =-)

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Had a nice lunch and am almost done smoking Old Vienna in a 1979 no name French briar smooth full bend egg. A can of Mountain Dew is what I'm drinking.

6. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Half-way through my third year, so only one more semester to go.

7. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Very nice. It is good you can go full time. I went nights while working full time. It took me six years.

8. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Whoa - this is in the rulebook? For the first 15 years or so I smoked, I only had 3 to 5 pipes. I was smoking 8-10 bowls a day. You can do the math. These days I have more but several of my pipes will get smoked on consecutive days. Right now I am smoking the second bowl today in a Brebbia pot, and I am pretty sure I smoked it yesterday too (they run together sometimes).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  9. JimInks

Now smoking Louisiana Red in an egg shaped medium bend smooth Burgundy colored 1985 Caminetto. I've just enough left for one more bowl. But Anni Kake is about to take its place in the rotation.

10. JimInks

Yes, we love to enable!! Glad you like them! :toast: I'm about to finish off this tin of LR, but I will open a tin of VS soon, too.

11. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I'm pretty sure that you're going to have to repent, Father, It's written in the internets........

12. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Pooping tins is the best. Poop on!

Cool pic, smoking in winter wonderland. The tree in the background looks freakin' cool - like an aura, halo, gloriole, a Heiligenschein designed by inkybat. :thu2:

Hi everyone - for a change I just a had some hash browns for dinner. Delicious. Now sipping on a Gl├╝hwein and am smoking my first bowl for today, the Bentley bulldog is stuffed with the last of the generous sample of 5 Chicken Kickin' Shadows - thank you very much once again Pat!
    Poop on! Puff on!

Edit: I was wrong, there's enough Shadow left for either one Mega Chicken or two smaller ones. :)

13. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

I am going to have to look for the right confessor to hear this one - you know the one who gives easy penance? Wait! I have to intend to amend my ways too?

I am a lot better about this that I used to be. I have about a dozen pipes by the desktop, and I smoke those every day or two. The rest are by the easy chair, at the office or in the car. These get a rest of at least a day between smokes (usually). I know it is considered bad form, but you do what you do. When I was in Honduras this last summer, I only took 3 pipes, and I was probably smoking each one 3 times a day. Mea culpa...

While I am posting and thinking about it - Or Olam in a Piersel Rhodesian

14. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Smoking Astley's 44 in a Kaywoodie bent apple which I smoked yesterday, me bad. Of course I don't have a lot of choices either.

15. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Another cob of Carter Hall. This time in my MM Diplomat. Lady didn't want to join me in the garage this time. I think she's watching Netflix. Puff on! I'm reading the mail.

16. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I think that the internet tide is swinging away from some of the silly absolutes that seemed to be so prevalent for so long - how often you can smoke a particular pipe, how much cake is too much cake, what you should smoke in each pipe, etc. It's nice to see (at least here) a relaxed atmosphere concerning such things.

17. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

The difference in theory and practice is that in theory they are the same, and in practice they are not. People who are too OCD about pipe smoking rules probably don't really smoke all that much and spend all that time worried about the polishing schedule for stems or something.

18. zappano

zappano Member

Hi Folks, time to enjoy a great tobacco in "Rehmbrandt"
    [​IMG]

19. beano

beano Member

3 finals down and 3 more to go.

In the middle of a cob fill of peretti century, I think im gliving up on this blend. Its too bad I'm not enjoying my ffirst foray into lats but I pplan on ppicking up some EMP soon.

20. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

In theory I clean and rotate my pipes. In practice, I don't.:bag:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.