What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I decided to open a tin of Royal Yacht and smoke it in a smooth almost full bend 1981 Briar Workshop round volcano signed by Elliott Nachwalter with a gold acrylic stem. I took advantage of the buy 2 get one free Dunhill tin sale P&C had this summer, and stocked up on this blend. I had bought a fair amount of Navy Rolls, too, and when I smoke down a couple of other blends, I'll be smoking that, too. Which is more than I can say right now for that stubborn bear who's hiding in his cave. :poke::old:

2. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

HAving some Mac Baren BLB in my Ruff-dog.

3. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

That stuff?:
    DDNR.jpg
    dBear!! Come on buddy, you have to poop more! Xmas is almost knocking on our doors and wants you to poop tins, Beefheart called it the tastiest VaPer he has had so far, Sir Jim wants you to poop it, Stick smokes the good stuff as well, now I finally pooped the tin I got for Christmas last year too! You just have to poop. Trust me. Poop it.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  4. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

:rofl:

5. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Afternoon, fellows.

Walnut Flake in a Radice Rind Rhodesian.

6. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

Not smoking now, but had some 2007 Kendal Kentucky in my Brog on my way to work.

7. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Or Olam in a smooth Kinsale xl22

8. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I remember the Bee well: distinctive yellow bottle with the black cap. A single purchase lasted me about 10 years, so I didn't use it that often. But when disaster struck in the form of a rank pipe, the Bee worked miracles.

Can't complain about isopropyl alcohol, which seems to work just as well. Even if a pipe seems too wet for a repeat smoke, a quick swab of the chamber and shank with iso followed by a 15 minute rest dries it out admirably. And sweetens it just as well as the Bee in my experience.

Some of my pipes stand up well to repeated smokes, others don't. I can't stand a soggy bitter smoke, so I'll generally rest those pipes for at least a day or so. Or alcohol treat them if I'm impatient.

I agree that there are few hard and fast rules when it comes to pipe smoking. However, I have to admit that when I first started smoking a pipe, a lot of the bowls were bad--or less than good--so I was obviously making mistakes. Whereas nowadays each bowl is usually better than the last, which was pretty damned good to begin with. So subconsciously at least, I must be following thousands of rules.

MCB in a straight MM Legend ... a simple smoke that just keeps getting better. Of course I looked down on this humble tobacco when I was a "knowledgeable" young man smoking Crown Achievement and St Bruno. But we all go through phases. Even now, with one foot in the grave and the other on an oil skid.

9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Just finished a second cob of 965 whilst putting an ad in the Uncle Henry's (it's a weekly ME/NH/VT) for sale trade what have you newspaper. I'm having a previously fried egg sale since JimInks was always asking for them and never picking them up, hopeful it will fund the power supply for the laptop, the hard drive is not a problem the 2305 is under warranty I just need to back things up. Took my spare hard drive out of the freezer, don't laugh, people pay big money to be cryogenically frozen then be awakened when a cure for their illness is found, I keep hard drives in vacuum sealed bags then remove them 24 hours before I need them and they work great!

10. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

DFU/Maple Twist/DFU stack per Berg, in the Lacewood Egg. I'm goin' in...

That was pretty damn good, some vitamin N kick too.:th1:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

You could make a thinner wall rock pipe with a bigger bore to take various bowl inserts like briar, cherrywood or meer. :msty:

12. Super K

Super K Active Member

Field and Stream in a MM. Funny how drying completely change this old blend. Going to be a shame when I run out.

13. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Repeat from this afternoon: Old Joe's Krotch in the Sav Milano 803. It tastes better than it smells.

14. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

12 pages behind due to being
    sick today. Consequently, no
    pipes today either. :(

15. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Final pipe of the night is Teddy's York-Shire Tobacco in a Rekamepip Briar
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    the Bear's got another new toy
    [​IMG]
    Good Night All
    [​IMG]

16. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Alright, Snake? Hate to hear that.

17. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

MacB's Navy Flake in a rusticated Kaywoodie Canadian

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Have you had much luck with your pipe forming cake yet?

19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

It's time for some Stonehaven in a 1984 black sandblasted straight Dunhill Shell 4103 Billiard. A bottle of NuGrape is my drink.

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

smoking a bowl of
    100_7122.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.