1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

My father smoked pretty much whenever he was awake and not eating or taking a shower. He smoked Half and Half with an occasional tub of PA or SWR if they were out of Half and Half. He would own three pipes at a time but would just smoke one of them bowl after bowl until he put it down and then looked for it. Whichever pipe he found first would get smoked for the next week or so. He kept one in his fishing tackle box, but I think it was in case he dropped the one he was smoking in the water and lost it. In terms of smoking satisfaction, he always seemed very happy with this situation. I can't recommend this for everyone, but it worked for him.

2. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Uhle's PerfectionPlug Burley in my Grabow Omega. :th1:

3. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

My grand da (who was my hero. I was named after him) had four old Thermo-Filter pipes that he smoked all the time. Just like your dad, he'd smoke one until he lost it, then he'd go get one of the others. I still have all four of them. Never have smoked one.

4. user3221

user3221 Active Member

My Grandpa always said he did not smoke tobacco even though he had a few pipes and grew tobacco
    but then again he said he did not smoke the other plants growing behind his lake house either.....
    :msty:

5. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

I thought it was supposed to be kept totally clean. I have been scraping it with my pipe nail to make sure there is not any.

6. Everman75

Everman75 Member

Evening PSF. Smoking some Nightcap in a carved straight Radice. Need to get some tea going.

7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

i just tried to find my grandpa's pipes the other day
    but did not locate them
    :(

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

:laff::xd::rofl:

9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

one of my pipestone pipes i have been purposely trying to get a good cake to form in them - but i guess that i have a habit of cleaning them out to much when finished smoking.

here is about a months worth

100_7127.JPG
    my original blackstone pipe i smoked for about 10 years before having to actually ream it and clean it out with alcohol

10. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Evening Lads and lassies! Freezing my Christmas Ornaments off outside, smoking Capstan Yellow in a new-to-me Sav Antique Shell bulldog from Dustin. This pipe is in great shape and smoking real nice! :snork::th1: Smoke on!

11. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

This thread moves faster than a country-girl.

Only a couple smokes today:
    Dunhill Flake (2000) in a 2013 Abe Herbaugh Rhodesian.

And Abe Herbaugh in a Dunhill County. No wait that's not right.
    And Butera's SLF#1 (2006 ) in a 2013 Dunhill County.

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Dear Mssrs. Inks, Simmo, Beefheart, Stick, et al :
    I have taken note of your entreaties and will respond with only two words. Cussedness. Orneriness.
    Signed,
    dBear

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Been smoking Uhle's Perfection Plug Burley all day. Now for some dinner and figuring out what I'd like to smoke for the evening. My choice is made easier by knowing that it will not be Deluxe Navy Rolls. :booty:

(Okay, maybe the mooning was uncalled for, but that's what being cussed and ornery is all about.)

14. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

After a couple of bowls of gumbo I'm good to go. Sitting and chillaxin with a bowl of Capstan Gold Flake in a Tinsky Tomato. Third or fourth bowl of this and it's a keeper. I will be ordering more of this with my next order. Still pretty chilly here and loving it. Hope everyone had a great day!

15. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Dbear, pooping is good. That is all. :bag:

16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Nope, but not sure it's needed. I get true taste all the time and there seems to be no ghosting from lats or anything else.

17. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Now smoking SPC Mississippi River in an Edwards flame grain Canadian.

18. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I'd lost these for about 10 years. It's a crappy feeling :oops:

19. dBear

dBear Active Member

Thanks, I needed that. As a bear living relatively close to the woods, you'd think I wouldn't forget something so fundamental. Maybe I will poop that tin after all.

20. LutzSpearo

LutzSpearo Member

Uhles Blend 00 in a MM cob, and coffee, taking a break from the move preparations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.