What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Okay so the Penzance was pretty damned good. Thanks Berg.

Just finished a bowl of Five O'Clock Shadow in the Barling System. Coffee on the side.

2. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Another cup of coffee, and packing some Tobacco Galleria (Altadis/Sutliff) Midnight Smoke. The reviews aren't great for this Black Cavendish, but I picked up a pouch anyway at a "Smoke Shop" with limited selection.
    Had a bowl last night and thought it was ok. Ultra mild, but the aroma is quite nice :puffy:
    Btw, this is the first 100% Black Cavendish I've ever smoked.

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now smoking Roma Vita in a 1981 smooth full bend Mauro Series Two 315 p-lip that copies the Peterson system. And doing nothing special.

4. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I need to make more coffee.

Right now, I'm smoking some DFU in an old Thermo-Filter half ass Rhodesian that's covered in scratches and pits.

It's got a crack on the right side of the bowl, a crooked and off center draft hole, the stem is chewed all to hell, and it was caked so bad it dulled the knife I cleaned it with.

Smokes like a champ. I'm gonna set it down somewhere when I'm done, with the intention of finding it later and smoking it again.

5. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Uhle's 00 in a Yello-Bole Airograte Featherweight

6. WalkinStick

Thanks for that post about nostalgia last night, Father. I probably never would've smoked this ugly old thing if it weren't for that.

It's still plugging along smoothly. No gurgle, no whistle. Cool and dry. Never would've guessed it for a pipe that my grand da probably paid two or three bucks for.

7. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

It was the smoke of the greatest generation. I wish I had one of my father's pipes. One of his tricks was to use his pocket knife to make ridges in the tenon to improve the grip when it got loose. He would also leave a bent billiard on the dash of a car while running into a store. The high temps would relax the bend in the stem and straighten them over time. I claim he never had a pipe more expensive than a Grabow packaged with those PA tins as a promotional. In terms of smoking pleasure per $ spent, he was the king of inexpensive.

8. Miller319

Miller319 Member

I'm a couple of days behind so just saw this post. Love this one! Really cool of you to do this!

9. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Good morning, the usual mug of French roast, smoking EMP in a GBD New Standard straight grain billiard.

10. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Lighting up some Half and Half for the first time since 1994...which was when I smoked my first pipe.
    Nostalgia? Not really since I don't remember how it tasted nearly 20 years ago.
    The H&H I'm smoking now isn't too bad. Smoking it in the only briar I brought with me to Col. A Georgetown bent sitter :puffy:

11. WalkinStick

Repeat of my last smoke. Same old raggedy ThermoFilter. Might smoke this thing all day.
    Edit: Here's a pic of the poor old thing.
    [​IMG]

12. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Uhle's 00 and Red Cake in a DGE Spool Lovat.

13. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Packing some Midnight Smoke in my Chinese :bag: "Tall Cob" for my next smoke. One of my favorite cobs, so I was sure to bring it along on my vacation.
    No, it isn't a Missouri Meerschaum (which normally can't be beat)...but darn does this pipe smoke so well.

14. WalkinStick

The lead lining really helps preserve the flavors. :laff:

Just :poke: ya.

15. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Normal morning, except I called out sick. Tea,EMP, juice, then what was left of last night's NC. Now at the pc with John Bull in a mm cob.

16. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Fortunately this one lacks lead...mostly just straight mercury with a hint of arsenic in the stem :D

17. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

well seen as I posted the above I've been smoking it all day
    [​IMG]
    with Teddys York-Shire Tobacco
    [​IMG]
    I feel all funny now
    [​IMG]

18. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

MB Honey & Cho9colate getting me through the morning.

19. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

PA in a Dip cob.On my way to floor sweepings in the MM Spool.

20. Albert

Albert Active Member

Macbaren old dark fired in the commuter cob this morning.... Man I love this blend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.