1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Capt Black Royal in an Omega/RC cola.

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

Don't care. I'm a bear. Hello!

3. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

:th1: :appl:

4. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Water it daily. The wood floor will hold the moisture. :rolleyes:

5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good tip! Thanks CT! I'll start right away!

Edit: It's a thirsty bugger.

6. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Whoa what a long long day. I'm finally about to head out into 20 degrees to smoke only my second pipe of the day, PS LNF in the Granito Mysterioso. My meeting with the feminist group was pretty rough...He Man Woman Haters doesn't have a friend in them, that's for sure. Kidding...I work for an organization that tries to create conditions for more inclusive and meaningful democratic participation and the feminists gave us a really hard time about not being activists for their cause. Two hours of that in a sweltering hot little room...maddening.

I wouldn't care if it were -20 out there...I'm heading out to have my pipe and I'm going to enjoy it, damnit!

zappano, inkybat, PipeSimmo and 24 others like this.
  7. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Finished off this mornings Squadron Leader and now enjoying a big bowl of Margate in a Mario Grandi Egg with some leftover unsweetened iced tea from supper. Smoking hoodie keeping me warm as I try not to fall asleep. Going to to some e-book reading. Nice video Eric! Best laugh of the day. You guys have one fine evening!

Stormy, inkybat, PipeSimmo and 22 others like this.
  8. Everman75

Everman75 Member

Evening PSF. Had a bowl of Magnum Opus in a carved Canadian Cavicchi earlier. Now I'm having a Dunhill moment... Nightcap in a '78 Dunhill Tanshell. Does Dunhill make tea?

9. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

H&H Heart Virginia in my Wally Frank. 2nd bowl through her. Gotta get it broke in, but going at it nice and slow!

Stormy, inkybat, PipeSimmo and 19 others like this.
  10. Kayla

Kayla Active Member

Opened a pouch of Malta tonight for the first time. In a Pete 303. Pretty tasty stuff that.

11. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

First week back at work. Real bear. Blue Mountain in a Pete 307 is tasting mighty fine right now.

SouthBound, Stormy, inkybat and 22 others like this.
  12. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Doing this little combo again ...

[​IMG]

I hate the practice of dedicating pipes ... too damned finicky and inconvenient. But I went ahead and tried it with a few cobs since the cost was doable. And I have to admit the results are good. The flavor of Half & Half gets better and more identifiable over successive bowls. Not bad at all considering I wasn't wild about H&H in the beginning.

The earlier smoke in the MM hardwood was a success. Much better than expected. And for those of you who think cobs are too fragile, the hardwood might be a good option. You can bang the hell out of them against a table with no ill effect. Makes a mess with tobacco flying all over the place though ... no biggie. And the birch wood seems to be flavor neutral.

13. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just finished eating a wonderful and filling spaghetti dinner cooked by m'lady. Good thing I'm too stuffed to move, or I'd send the Saint Bernard to DBear's cave, and have him stuff that sign he was flashing where DBear's latakia don't shine! :p: Btw, where does our favorite smarter than the average bear rank Penzance on the list of his favorite latakia blends?

Now smoking St. James Flake in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer. More ice tea to drink.

14. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Having a Great Dane Egg full of PS Natural Dutch Cavendish. Going well with a glass of Maker's.

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:th1:

16. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

I just finished off the last of the Or Olam in the open jar on the desk. I just did the same to an 8 oz tin of Old Companion. Nearing the end of Hadoo's Delight and Presbyterian Mixture too. It is tough to know just what to open next. The Or Olam was in a Savinelli Capri root briar bent pot.

17. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Earlier, Escudo in the Egg, on my way to visit a buddy who had back surgery. Lake effect snow...probably 6".

SouthBound, Stormy, inkybat and 23 others like this.
  18. Atom

Atom Member

Nice tree! But I notice the top of the tree isn't tied to the ceiling as per Dwaugh's patented tree tipping over prevention procedure. Tisk Tisk, Safety first!

19. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Erinmore Flake, folded and stuffed in a DGE nosewarmer.

SouthBound, zappano, inkybat and 19 others like this.
  20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Just back from a meeting and need a smoke. So, I'm smokin' GH Dark Flake Scented in a Sav Roma Billiard with hot tea on the side.

SouthBound, zappano, Stormy and 20 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.