What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

So glad to see you back here, fella. Best wishes to you!

2. JimInks

Now smoking Louisiana Red in a 1999 medium bend black sandblast Savinelli Tris 677KS apple with a cumberland stem. This finishes the tin. I'll revisit the blend maybe next summer? Working and listening to Suzy snooze by my feet.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Back to back bowls of Erinmore Flake, folded and stuffed in a DGE nosewarmer while driving around the ranches this morning.

4. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Exhausted rooster in a Savinelli bent brandy.

5. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Breaking in this MM that holymolar sent me(this guy's a real ambassador for the forum) with another bowl of Virginia Red Cake followed by a bowl of Sunset Rum (OMG what is this guy doing?). Can't hurt these pipes and they always deliver a satisfying smoke. Course the Vodka mighta played a role in this wreckless act!

6. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

I've got a cumberland stem from a KW 13B Author that I'm trying to hook up with a new bowl. Wrote to S M Frank and haven't heard back yet ... really like these stems!

7. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

The weekly yak with the parents is now over and at last I can get stuck in that possibly overfull bent Falcon that carries a heavy wodge of Irish Flake. A bucket of tea herein ensues.

8. kb7get

kb7get Member

Bowl of LTF in a cob while wondering what Google will have next for JimInks now that his Louisiana Red is gone?

[​IMG]

9. Atom

Atom Member

Beautiful clear blue winter sky today, but windy and cold.
    I've been smoking a mix of LNF/SWR/Night Train today in a Dr.G Lark. It's pretty good, a little bit of a buttery sweet taste mixed slightly with earth and a dash of pepper. Nothing stands out from the rest, but because I may have mixed it a bit too fine, it burns somewhat on the fast side. Especially in the small bowled Lark. But it's a good walking around kind of smoke.

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Graduating to Black Lung in the Wally Frank upside down billiard. Still working on the coffee.

I'm surprised that Googling "Images for JimInks" doesn't bring up an egg. (A cracked one or frying one, of course.) :snork:

11. JimInks

Try Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend and see if I show up there. Btw, I have several pounds of LR in the cellar, so it's not gone, just temporarily giving way to other open tins and baggies.

I know there's a picture of you with egg on your face. Glad the Saint Bernard has good aim, which reminds me: did you dry off your boots yet?

12. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Wow, Beefheart!
    What are you doing
    later??

:drly:

CH in an apple bowl
    whilst putting some
    finishing touches on
    a new tamper.

13. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Interestingly enough that Googling for "JimInks ran out of Louisiana Red" brings up a couple suggestions what to smoke instead....
    JimInksRanOut.jpg

14. dBear

dBear Active Member

Hey, cool! This is the Sutliff poster for their roll-out of EG Robinson blend:

[​IMG]

Remind you of anyone? It should, JimInks wrote the copy for it!

There used to be fine print at the bottom which said "Warning, this tobacco makes you talk funny."

15. JimInks

Whaddya mean dis tobacco make ya talk funny, ya mug?! You tryin' to insinua.., insult, make fun of da Engwish language dere, bud? I'm gonna send da boys over to break yer eggs, see! Gonna learn ya a less'n ya ain't gonna soon ferget, see. Myeah!

Sure can't understand what DBear was talking about. Hhmmmm....

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  16. zappano

zappano Member

holy moly, i enjoy a tiny (last) bowl of Uhle's 00... Awesome!!! I must have that stuff! Is there a way to trade some? if... pm me please :bow:

17. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I'm going to keep puffing on Penzance in the Rock Cob...what's it to ya? Are you just blowin smoke up my....nevermind.

psquared, MainePipe, jpberg and 18 others like this.
  18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Talking about Red, I have been smoking Old Red in an old Apple this afternoon. It's nice to have a good Red Va with matured and stoved without perique, sometimes. Nice and smooth. Cold Coke Zero is the choice for me tonight.

19. Kayla

Kayla Active Member

[​IMG]
    Condor Plug in my Mersch Pete.
    Watching Games of Thrones season 3 Ep 5. Winter is Coming. Drinking a Heinie. Live is good.

psquared, MainePipe, jpberg and 20 others like this.
  20. JimInks

Now smoking Stonehaven in a 1984 black sandblasted straight Dunhill Shell 4103 Billiard. Just brewed some coffee, heated to the proper temperature, of course. Going back to work now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.