What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dying breed

dying breed Member

Just tried my first bowl of Rum Flake. Not my thing at all. I ended up putting it down after 10 minutes. Sorry to the fans out there...

Fired up a bowl of ( you guessed it) ODF to clear my pallet.

2. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Sounds like you need a new pipe to go along with all that new tobacco. :csmile:

I finally bought some jars and just jarred up the ltf I bought and am having my first ever bowl of it now in my larsen bent egg/tomato pipe.

3. moosecop

moosecop Member

well i got my eye on 2 on p and c and waiting to pull the trigger.. Im pretty picky on my pipes..

surlysoul, mitchell, Rockbass and 9 others like this.
  4. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I got my eye on one at sp right now. I think I may pull trigger soon.

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just brewed some coffee to the proper temperature in my Marx Brothers mug, and am going back to work smoking Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49.

6. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I caved. The Old Dark Fired is on its way along with some Dark Flake Unscented.

I haven't had a chance to try the dual-smoking experience that Eric suggested with the Dorchester and Dunbar, but I'll get out before the night ends.

7. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Troost special cavendish in a custom cutty briar with some gran gala to sip, while trying to catch up on missed posts!

8. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

We do fish fries in NW PA. Good :poop:. :)

9. JimInks

Listening to radio shows from my own collection while I work. Right now, it's The Jack Benny Program, to be followed by Gangbusters. I'm a few moments away from smoking Royal Yacht in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051. Suzy and Molly are happy since they got some chicken and cheese, and now, they're snuggled up with each other by a heat vent.

10. muddler

muddler Active Member

Beautiful fresh early morning here in Pretoria. I'm setting up with Chelsea Morning in an Ashton & Ugandan coffee in my mug. Not much planned for the day so I will probably get into some fly tying again. I've just redone my reloading table - which serves for fly tying as well - so it's time to break it in/ make a mess.

[​IMG]

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

After a tasty fried chicken dinner, I've lit up a bowl of Kentucky Planter in the Falconwarden. Mulled apple juice on the side. Must be Dr. Who time!

12. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Can't sleep so it's GH Brown Flake Scented in a Peterson Deluxe 9s.

13. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Stonehaven in my brand new JSEC 1/4 bent pear, sippin' on some Dickel 12

14. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

GH Brown Flake Scented in a Cellini Slightly Bent Billiard with hot tea on the side

15. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good evening to the night crew! Just now got home. Only had one and part of another smoke today. So, before I call it a day, I'm DGTing this PS LTF in my MM CG w/Forever Stem. It's snowing here. Supposed to snow all night and into tomorrow afternoon. On the c.b., a little while ago, I was told that over by rekamepip there's already a lot of snow on the ground. Thank God it's Friday night! Puff on! I'm reading the mail.

16. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Ok! Finally time for my Dunbar in the same rusticated beauty. My last smoke was that Dorchester and I'm excited to see what the difference is.

[​IMG]

17. JimInks

Working, listening to Adventures by Morse, and about to light up a bowl of R-Blend in a 1983 three quarter bend medium brown Ascorti KS Business Dublin. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with floaty li'l icebergs who scoff at DBear's reluctance to use their kissing cousins in a glass.

18. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Dock Worker (courtesy of WalkinStick) in the POY. Watching the old WWII film series Why We Fight.

surlysoul, zappano, Rockbass and 19 others like this.
  19. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Riding the Night Train mixed with a lil bit of Red Va, in a Falcon. Finishing off a nice cold mug of Coke Zero before bed.

20. JimInks

Just quit work, and I'm almost finished smoking French Quarter in the second pipe I ever bought, a 1974 three quarter bend black sandblast etched Dr. Grabow Omega. Listening to an episode of Suspense on the XM, which won't surprise any of you: "The Man Who Wanted to be Edward G. Robinson." I'm sure youse mugs can guess who the star of the show is, see. If you don't want to see, but you want to listen, here's a link to the broadcast: https://ia600604.us.archive.org/13/...e_Edward_G_Robinson_-128-44-_27925_29m41s.mp3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.