1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MainePipe

MainePipe Member

Just found out the future in-laws want to buy me some pipe stuff for Christmas:bdance:...never thought that would happen, anyways...
    my wish list, due to all you enablers, is long, picking just a couple things off it is proving to be harder than I thought...nbg

going fire up a bent Charatan with 2012 Christmas Cheer and think about this...What if I give them the whole list?

rondel65, dBear, WalkinStick and 15 others like this.
  2. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Do it. If your in-laws are anything like mine they probably aren't going to go online to get your present, so you don't want to have them give up and get something you might not like because they couldn't find anything on your shortened list.

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Did you order on the telephone of did you place an online order and then they jacked up the prices
    either way that does not sound fair at all

:shead:

rondel65, dBear, WalkinStick and 6 others like this.
  4. user3221

user3221 Active Member

give them the whole list - yes it would be the thing to do !

dBear, WalkinStick, surlysoul and 6 others like this.
  5. MainePipe

MainePipe Member

We don't have a lot of B&Ms in Maine, aside from the "Cigarette Shopper" that carries a small selection of OTCs, cobs and a few basket pipes. So I will have to source my selections, luckily the better half has bought me stuff online and can assist her parents if needed...

dBear, WalkinStick, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
  6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

What a glorious way to pass the last hour and a half of a gloomy SNOWING STILL! sat morning!!!! Got stuck watching their reunion show! My fresh PG tips got cold, along with the AJ's Vaper in my Cherrywood Cob, by John, thank you very much! Saw things I never knew about those two. I didn't particularly care for House, and had forgotten what he had done before. Sheds new light on the House charactor. Well worth watching again, thankyouverymuch!!!

User4408, rondel65, dBear and 10 others like this.
  7. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

The whole family went to a pancake breakfast/meet Santa thing this morning and a full on storm started while we were there. Now enjoying a bowl of GLP Charing Cross in the Torben Dansk.

Now I just need someone to come thaw me out...

[​IMG]

User4408, rondel65, user3221 and 25 others like this.
  8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Everybody let me sleep in, for which I'm very grateful. I'm just finishing 1940s Prince Albert spiced with rum in a 2002 medium bend sandblasted Stanwell Golden Danish 139. Going for a new smoke, and another glass of Simply Orange.

User4408, rondel65, dBear and 15 others like this.
  9. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Yes, maybe. Just finished shoveling. Lucky there was only 8".:rolleyes:

dBear, WalkinStick, surlysoul and 8 others like this.
  10. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I heard on the news this morning that the Toronto Mayor asked Santa for a lot of "Snow" for Christmas this year. I think Santa got confused!!!

User4408, dBear, WalkinStick and 10 others like this.
  11. highstump

highstump Active Member

Well, I'm still way back here on page 92. Bottom of the page right below "MentorBV".
    At the moment, Edgeworth RR'd in a Mastro with a Maxwell House chaser. By the time I get caught up...?

Artistik, dBear, WalkinStick and 16 others like this.
  12. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Did you alert them? They are usually petty good about stuff like that.

User4408, dBear, WalkinStick and 5 others like this.
  13. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The snow is supposed to miss us, but we almost never have snow this early anyway. Hope everybody's careful. Well, I decided on another sweet smoke, so it's Rum and Maple in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin. Going to clean a few pipes before eating lunch, and then another work day begins.

User4408, dBear, SidStavros and 15 others like this.
  14. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Trying to work from home this weekend, but the work laptop isn't functioning. This is not good! Only pipe today us Irish Oak in my huge P&C pipe.

15. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

In my book as well :) - gonna take this pipe out now for a nice bowl of Uhle's #00 - thanks to FlatbushPaul :toast:- at the Weihnachtsmarkt with a mug of hot Glühwein. :bing:
    Later, guys!

User4408, rondel65, dBear and 15 others like this.
  16. highstump

highstump Active Member

Here we go, rival gang leaders talkin smack. :popc:

dBear, WalkinStick, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
  17. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Had some fun with the kids in the snow while prepping the snowblower with the normal difficulties of starting it for the first time of the year. I'm taking a break with some great outdoors in the maple rekamepip poker.

Artistik, User4408, rondel65 and 18 others like this.
  18. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

I had that once with Smoke-king.co.uk once. It was a big order, about the £150 mark, and it turned they'd hiked up the postage and taken it off my card. Not impressed. I wouldn't have minded paying the extra at checkout but was rather annoyed at paying after the fact and that it took them three days to ship it to me when Gauntley's can do it next day by post and mysmokingshop can do the same by courier. Needless to say, I won't be in a hurry to go back and certainly won't be spending anything like that amount with them again.

User4408, rondel65, dBear and 12 others like this.
  19. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Reiner LGF in a modified MM Egg with a long tortoise Forever Stem.

20. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Charring Cross in a Falcon. More hot tea to sip. And it's still fricken snowing! Stormy, I know it's not you, it's Mrs Frosty that's doing it, with her bag of sand, flying high above us, slinging out handfull's and as the fall they form tiny lil ice shapes to delight the young and old. Well, bugger all, go kick her butt and tell her to stop already!

User4408, rondel65, dBear and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.