What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Wessex Gold Brick in the 1/4 bent Kirsten

2. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Almost halfway through a Ghostbusters marathon evening and I'm getting stuck into my second bowl of Royal Yacht in the Benfield. Glad I chose not to have those marshmallows this evening.

3. UncleVint

UncleVint Member

32 degrees f and a wet snow still coming down here in N. central Indiana. SWR in an old MM Diplomat.

4. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Towards the bottom of this Squatch full of Dark Flake Aromatic/Maple Twist parfait. Dwaugh taught me the word "parfait", he said I need to be less Continental, whatever that means.

[​IMG]

5. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

We've gotten about 6-8" of snow and it's still coming down. Just finished a little over half the pipe of #2015 and a Bob Ross documentary. Time to find something for late lunch, and checking a bit on investments. Need to order more tobacco soon, but with Christmas coming up and a trip in about a month and a half, I don't know when I'll be ordering. I've still actually got quite a few open tins to finish.

6. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Sugar coated FVF in the Lacewood Egg. :toast: Marker.

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Thats about the Gist of it ;)

Gotta go to dollar general to get paper towels , batteries and bird seed . The birds are pissed at me for running out . An old Dr. Grabow Lark that I refinished years ago , it's got perfect grain and pretty as heck , filled with Dunhill Flake ... lovely

8. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Late lunch was a pastrami & swiss sandwich with dijon mustard (the horseradish cleaned out the sinuses). Now for some Sutliff Maple Street in the new Sav St. Nicholas 2013 320 ks

9. critter

critter Member

thankfully it is starting to rain. been on the right end of a chainsaw all morning and it is whipping my azz. egg full of odf and preparing for a nap

:old:

10. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Waiting for a nibble on tampers.
    Let's see, GAF or Bob's Chocolate
    Flake? Decisions....

11. zappano

zappano Member

Great smoke! I've order 3 tins. Hope they arrives at monday :)

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

As I work, I'm smoking Stonehaven in a smooth 2002 medium bend eight sided panel top straight grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line F Egea 05 Titania bulldog. A can of Mountain Dew is my drink. It's cold and raining, but Stormy can't come in. He's too busy smoking anyway.

13. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Began the day with a Gefapip loaded up with some Heirloom cherry. As time passed the snow began to REALLY come down hard and fast--I loaded up my BST shaped a lot like a Peterson Sherlock Holmes Baskerville(I love that pipe shape, I love the pipe in general-super smoker) with some Sam Gawith Full Va. Flake(slightly rubbed out) and stood in my garage doorway. A VERY peaceful calm as the snow falls and I gaze at the snow flakes as they fall. Its times like this I feel my maker has given me a rest period to just stand still and watch and listen to the calm silence. The gentle whisps of smoke rise from my pipe as the Lakeland flavors accompany the nutty Virginias as they hit my tongue. It does a man good to just stop and contemplate perhaps nothing for a few moments. Instead of doing anything else I decided that I would just stand there and enjoy my smoke. Before I knew it about an hour had passed and my pipe began to go out. As I dumped it out--the snow continues as does the peaceful silence of the snow. NOW--a little dose of reality sets in as I remember--that I will be moving that snow soon enough.

14. zappano

zappano Member

currently x-mas cheer in Rehmbrandt. Love it! Hope my personal US Tobaco connection bring ma some more tins in 2014 ;) A friend of mine works for a kind of logistic company, and he's 3-5 times in the States. I will try to age one or two of them. Also with McCl. #24. I've read a thread (Simmo told makes ma attentive about that), and it sounds fantasic to keep these close.

15. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

Finishing some H&H Anni Kake. Another that I will defiantly need more of!

16. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

McClelland 5110 in a Ferndown.

17. zappano

zappano Member

Spice up your life, with C&D Kajun Kake in a Peterson Sterling Silver from the early 70's
    [​IMG]

18. Bear84

Bear84 Member

Nice bowl of MM965 this afternoon

19. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I've spent two great hours at the Weihnachtsmarkt with my brother, eating Bratwurst and drinking hot √Ąppler. We had a great talk, I enjoyed a tasty bowl of Uhle's#00 in the Musico, which darkened a bit more ... good times. Now for some Latakia (FMC) in the Castello G56 Sea Rock bulldog.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  20. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Just in from a bowl of FMOTT in the Torben Dansk. About a foot of snow out there.

Busy packing, I'm traveling to the east coast tomorrow by train and have been making lists and packing stuff all day. I think which tobaccos to bring was the hardest thing to decide. I probably packed way too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.