What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

By craning my neck, I think we have about two inched more. To be empirical, I would actually have to stand up and measure, which doesn't seem to be happening. While I'm here, I'll post the rumor that FVF in a Ferndown dedicated to this most wonderful tobacco, is indeed subjectively tasty.

2. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Yea, I would have to do the same, I didn't even look, I just asked my wife how much snow she thought there was :D

3. Everman75

Everman75 Member

Evening PSF! So good to be back. Just got back from dinner & seeing The Hobbit, with the family. Sitting back now with a Savinelli Academia and smoking some H&H Black House from my P&C order that arrived today. Hot tea on the side.

4. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Haddo's Delight in a brown GBD Prehistoric pot

5. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

So John... Do you think you have saturated the market? People ought to be snapping these up as fast as you can make them, but maybe everyone who wants one has one already? I like mine...

6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Good evening PSF

Smoking a bowl of 8 year old Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a Hackert cob.

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Took me long enough to get here today... Congrats to Snake and Stormy on the milestone & birthday. Thanks to YappyG for the extra bimbos. (Can't go wrong with extra bimbos!) Note to JimInks: If you tell me you get notes of frying egg out of Black Lung, I'll say it's your own doggone fault!

Been smoking some burleys out of some Rekamepip pipes all day, but now am finishing up Peretti Scottish Flake in the Squatch Stout Volcano. It's about time to scrounge up some dinner.

8. tradewater

tradewater Member

Half a bowl of SWRA in a cob, in the parking lot of Hobby Lobby while waiting for SWMBO. A diet coke from Hardee's chilled to the correct temperature. Listening to Garth Brooks' new CDs.

9. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Dorchester in the Rossi. I'm trying this stuff in all my pipes and it really keeps getting better. I still haven't decided whether I like this or Dunbar better. Dunbar tastes more like PS LNF in that it's citrusy and brighter (whatever that means) while Dorchester has got that dark fruit vibe and seems thicker. That's the best way I can describe it.

10. dying breed

dying breed Member

First go at Irish flake in the BC church warden. I haven't found the nic yet. We'll see... It is a good smoke though

Edit. Found the nic!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  11. ken davis

ken davis Member

C&D Night train ina DrG Omega

12. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Finishing out the night after fixing shear pins in the snow blower with a BST loaded up with some Boswells Sweet Tea. I'm soaking wet, cold and loving life. Blowing snow and smoking a pipe with some mild aromatic--it ain't so bad. Off to get some hot Earl Grey tea and dry clothes. :byg:

13. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Smoking a bowl of Margate in an ol' Pete Kildare with a cup of hot green tea on this blustery night. Cold front comming through with the winds straight out of the north. Wife and I are going to spend a nice evening together as my son is at his grandmas. Movie night on the couch with a blanket. Nice.......

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Anni Kake in a Falcon. Ice cold can of Coke Zero is my choice of exceptionally chilled soda.

15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Almost done smoking Bacchanalia in a 1979 smooth slight bend H. Jones Ltd. Easy Loader 391 Dublin. Was going to join YAPPG in smoking Anni Kake, but it needs to dry just a mite, so I'll pick something else in the meantime.

16. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Last pipe before bed - PS Cube Cut in the "Churchwarden's Assistant" - a Savinelli Churchwarden with a stem 1/4 in shorter than a standard pipe cleaner.

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Coffee's just finished brewing to the proper temperature, and I'm about to light up a bowl of Germain's Brown Flake in a brown rusticated slight bend 1982 Savinelli Non Pareil 99 Acorn with a lucite ferrule and stem. Going back to work in a couple of minutes. Listening to Bill O'Reilly's audio book Killing Kennedy.

18. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

GH Dark Flake Scented in a Dunhill Shell.

19. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

It's funny you post this? I just finished piping in the gas line to my new generator last weekend and I'm now in the process of mounting my electric panel. Tomorrow I will begin running the wire out to the generator. I still have a bunch of work left though. I still have to sort out which breakers to relocate. I also need to run the power wires through the garage, make a penetration through the wall and make all my splices.

Congrats to the Ankle Biter on his monumental 7K!

While working today I was smoking P & W Nut Brown Burley in several pipes including the maiden voyage of the Rock Cob from John. I loved the way it smoked! Tomorrow I will smoke it again only this time with John's Winter Blend.

20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I say tomato and you say tomatoe! I doubt your very existance! I think you are all the St Bernard! And with all the snow I got today nobody can see all the St Bernard poop! But he'll pay for it the next delivery! I have a special treat for him! Mohaahahahaha!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.