1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. briarbob

briarbob Member

Lots of people Christmas tree hunt without pants.:xd:

2. zappano

zappano Member

therefor with python boots or high heels :rofl:

3. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I hope you can kick that cold quickly, Ephraim!

Merry Christmas Inkybat!

I'm smoking more Carter Hall in my MM Egg again. Still working on getting caught up on this thread. Puff on! I'm still reading the mail.

p120d16y, Rockbass, Artistik and 17 others like this.
  4. briarbob

briarbob Member

What ever one chooses to do.

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Going to watch a little television with m'lady and the kittens. I was going to work, but both Suzy and Molly jumped up in my chair and are sleeping across my legs, so I'm stuck in my La-Z-Boy for a bit. It's a good thing I have the pipes and 'baccy for my next couple of smokes on my smoking table so I don't have to disturb them. Haven't smoked this pipe in some time, but I think I'll dedicate it to this blend for a while: Royal Yacht in a 1980 three quarter bend long stem Ascorti New Dear KS egg.

p120d16y, Rockbass, Artistik and 21 others like this.
  6. MainePipe

MainePipe Member

just got in from snowblowing the driveway...smoked a bowl of SWR while prepping the snowblower...now eatting some beef stew and having a jack and ginger

7. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Merry Christmas Inky.
    Jake, double your whisk(e)y intake.

OK HU Dockworker smokers...what's in this stuff? I got a big berry hit on lighting (not in an aromatic sense) then it just settled into a very delicious smoke. Excellent.

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

That's WickerMan for ya! To paraphrase Flatbush Paul, you can take the kid outta the padded room and straightjacket, but you can't take the padded room and straightjacket out of the kid. :poke:

Starting my day with good ol' Classic Burley Kake in the good ol' Rekamepip maple tank. This pipe and I have become real good friends. Got a heavy working day today, I sure hope I can manage some serious time off during the holiday season.

9. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Dropped the kids off at the parents house for awhile to play with their cousins and will join them later when we all go out to eat. So for now I am smoking glp key largo in the altinok Canadian. Hoping rondel's cowboys destroy the packers tonight. Sorry moosecop, but I'm sure you understand.

10. zappano

zappano Member

dockworker rocks :punk:

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

I LOVE that tin note! To me it smells just like blackberry jelly. (And I've opened a jar of jelly to compare :)) According to HU, there's no added flavor (and there certainly isn't in the smoke) but where does that smell come from? Here's the description on HU's website:

"A strong, chocolaty and spicy Malawi Burley is at the center of the Dockworker Flake.It is complemented by spicy oriental grades and Virginia from Zambia,India and the Philippines.The result is a sweet-spicy blend with a beautiful Burley/Oriental touch.This unusual blend impresses with a very complex and well balanced flavor.A medium to strong flake for friends of pr├Ągnant tobaccos. No added flavor!"

Edit: I'll join Zappano on this - Dockworker rocks! :punk:

12. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I WILL be stocking up on Dockworker...somehow. It's good. Damn good.

13. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Smoking a little Amphora Red in Yello-Bole carburetor bulldog as I get ready to head to a parish dinner...

14. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

p120d16y, sillyoldbear, Morse and 9 others like this.
  15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

McConnell's Scottish Cake in the Peterson Kapet 68. Great blend, just started the bowl and I think it promises big things today. Nice comfort while writing a paper is all I really seek, though.

16. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Presbyterian Mixture in a Dunhill.

17. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Stocking up on Dockworker is definitely not a bad idea.
    [​IMG]
    I'll join you all smoking some ... Dockworker rocks! :hbang:

18. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Hi,

Got a fair amount of snow over night, spent the better part of the morning doing my plowing rounds, and smoking Dark Flake Aromatic in this Castello.

[​IMG]
    After a nice lunch of grilled cheese and tomato soup, I got the train set up around the Christmas Tree - it almost seems like Christmas time.......

19. Morse

Morse Active Member

Afternoon PSF - apologies for my lack of presence here lately, its been a busy couple of weeks. This morning I needed to catch up on some CPE (continuing professional education) credits so I spent the morning reading the official publication of the Institute of Internal Auditors and taking a quiz on its content. Now for those of you who may not fully appreciate the intrinsic thrill that naturally comes with such a task, lets just say that it was made considerably less onerous by a bowl of Condor Long Cut in the Falcon - thank heaven for small mercies. Scored a 93% and have 1 more CPE credit to get before Dec 31. Enjoy your Sunday folks

20. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I'd rather have a Maryanne
    and Ginger. :ngty:

More Durbar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.