What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm a few minutes away from smoking Tilbury in a smooth 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton. I had this blend on my mind all evening, and now it's time!

2. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    mitchell, surlysoul, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  3. JimInks

I thought I'd have another burley forward smoke, and I'm half way through smoking Three Friars in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob. There's a little more work to be done, and I'm making good progress.

4. moosecop

moosecop Member

Hey, you havent smoked the first pipe you bought in 1972, for 2.49 or something like that lately.. see people do remember your posts and rotations

5. JimInks

Actually, I bought it (a Dr. Grabow Omega) in late June of 1974 for $2.95. I can even remember the face of the lady who sold it to me. I was a bit nervous, but I managed not to show it, knowing that at age 13 by law, I wasn't supposed to be buying a pipe. Nobody ever seemed to care about those laws in those days. The tobacco I bought that day was Borkum Riff Whiskey for 32 cents a pouch.

I must admit it does surprise me a little that anybody would follow my pipes that closely, but I am flattered by it, and thank you for asking about the Grabow. I do pay attention to what others smoke, too. That's a lot of the fun for me here, and Lord knows it's interesting and informative to see what people smoke and what they smoke it in. As you may notice, I tend to dedicate pipes to tobaccos, and right now, I've been smoking Sutliff's Charlemagne in that pipe. It just hasn't come back around in rotation, though I did smoke the pipe some time during the past week. The only pipe more important to me than that one is the Willard that was my father's, and was the first pipe I ever smoked. Spillproof promised to fix the stinger in it, and when he's ready, time-wise, I'm going to send it to him, so I can smoke it again.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  6. JimInks

I'm a couple of minutes away from smoking R-Blend in a 1983 three quarter bend medium brown Ascorti KS Business Dublin. And finishing up the work for the day before too long.

7. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Good morning...couldn't sleep to well this evening. Went to bed at 8pm and awoke at 1am :rolleyes: so I just made some coffee and about to fire up an MM Washington cob full of Carter Hall :puffy:

8. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

How do you guys get this stuff outside of Germany? I went to his site but the only delivery option was DHL (Germany Only).

mitchell, surlysoul, JWG25 and 12 others like this.
  9. moosecop

moosecop Member

my stuff came stuffed inside a teddy bear.. I dont know why....

10. muddler

muddler Active Member

Slow start here this morning. I'm on my second pot of coffee & second bowl of tobacco - FVF in my favorite GBD New Era. Actually today is a public holiday here in South Africa. The original holiday was to celebrate the defeat of the Zulus by the Boers. Now we have a Zulu president & the holiday is known as The Day of Reconciliation. Times sure have changed.

[​IMG]

surlysoul, nicktrap, JWG25 and 19 others like this.
  11. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1980s Peterson 314 Full Bend black Sandblast system pipe. Readin' and relaxin'!

12. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Now smoking some Middleton's Cherry Blend in my MM Pride straight cob :puffy:
    What the heck, another cup of coffee is in order.

surlysoul, nicktrap, JimInks and 19 others like this.
  13. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Good morning folks. The forecast says strong buckets of coffee sweeping in from the north with a mild Presbyterian Mixture setting into the straight Falcon regions later.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  14. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Not sure what to smoke next...Sir Walter Raleigh or Prince Albert. Decisions, decisions :)

surlysoul, nicktrap, JimInks and 20 others like this.
  15. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Prince Albert, I've decided, in my MM Washington straight cob :puffy:
    More coffee on the side.

16. browny

browny Member

Middleton's Black & Mild in the MM Hardwood (thanks to cigarsarge) I have to try it in my briar beater pipe to make sure but I think I'll be tracking down more of this.

17. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Good morning!, quit a mild one - so its Dark Xx twist in a Northern Briar briar , and I,m taking a short stroll around the neighbourhood ( SOLO! would you believe, although her ladys gets nevervous about it! ). making steady progress, but slow - and lieves goodright now! ! :)ot

18. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

I generally love most of Middleton's tobaccos, but have never tried Black and Mild. Might have to give it a go one of these days.

Currently filling the room with the smoke of Prince Albert :puffy:

19. zappano

zappano Member

i've got grey hair, so i must not remember that it was Max in Speyer:old:

20. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Having another bowl of Presbyterian Mixture, more coffee on the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.