1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

More Black Irish Twist more tea, the sun is out and the temperature has risen to a balmy 3.7°f this is when I count my blessings in that I have a wife who doesn't care if I smoke in the house and I have a wood stove, my thermometer near the window says 80°f, happy smoking.

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm starting out my taste testing with MacBaren Cube Silver in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. I've five more mixtures to find pipes for, which is what I'm about to do now. Then, I'll clean out last night's smoked pipes, and go on the other things.

3. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Enjoying a bowl of PS Norwegian in a red pipestone bamboo. This is a beautiful pipe and a great smoke. The pic does not do it justice.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  4. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

Putting in a concerted effort to finally get some pipes broken in. Had three half-bowls at Old Firehouse today.

Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture in a Peterson Christmas '12 prince (408)
    McC 5100 Red Cake in my Rinaldo Lithos pencil shanked Liverpool
    Esoterica Brighton in my Rinaldo Lithos Zulu

5. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Checked the mail...nothing.

Just started up some MCB in a straight MM Pride :puffy:

6. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Orlik's Golden Sliced flake in my Parker Bark, 1st pipe I ever bought as a basket pipe & ended up being one of my best flake pipes~ my dedicated VA/ Va-Per pipe~ Having a cup of English Breakfast with milk & 2 sugars~ Enjoying the brisk sunny day w. not a cloud in the sky & the faint smell of chimney smoke. It's a beautiful day to be alive :D

7. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Post lunch smoke today is brown rope no. 4 in my rekampip red pipestone with bamboo shank rockcob. Finally sent out my secret Santa gift to a lucky recipient. Lucky because I refrained from tearing open some of these treasures despite having them all this time.

I also got the money I owed jake out in the mail so he won't come chasing me with his walking stick. Just kidding his Florida blood wouldn't allow him to even make it into Ohio before he would realize his winter coat is not really adequate.

Also sent some hate mail to a priest. Now who would do something like that? Apparently me. ;) I also got a free lunch from a supplier and just found out I'm going to the game tonight. So look for me on tv. Overall, a productive and good day at work even though I haven't got any real work done. Which reminds me I better leave soon to start drinking preparing for the game tonight.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Erinmore Flake, folded and stuffed in a Peretti Prince.

9. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I went to my local b&m and smoked a pipe of Dorchester in the Rossi and then I couldn't resist and bought a tin of Tilbury. I tried that too, but honestly think I've been smoking too much Dorchester through this pipe cause that's pretty much all I tasted. I'll give it another shot later.

Also, have to say when I got home my secret santa gift was waiting for me. All I can say is Whoa!! I'll post pics in that thread soon.

10. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Of course, you could try eBay estate pipe lottery - just bid the opening price on a whole host of estate pipes and see what comes through in the mail.

11. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Uh oh... checks inbox - whew - not me...

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now smoking MacBaren Halberg Red in a 2003 IMP horn Meer. The Cube series are all strong danish, so they'll be smoked in cobs and meers. The Cube Silver was very tropical fruity. This HR is lighter in sweetness, and so far, so good.

I just got your hate package in the mail. Thank you, Eric! Between you and Sutliff, I got almost three pounds of tobacco today. I'm going to put together a hate package for you tonight. Eric, please message me your mailing address.

13. Eric Pierson

No, its you. :D

14. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

I'll start working on a "turn the other cheek" homily.

15. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

I'm now smoking a custom blend of the finest Burley, with a sprinkling of pure Black Cavendish for a delightfully smooth and mild smoke....Actually it's a mixture of Carter Hall and Midnight Smoke blended with my fingers on a paper plate :)

16. Eric Pierson

Deep thought of the day
    [​IMG]

17. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

McClelland 22 in a 1/4 bent Kirsten

18. notrab

notrab Member

First day at the new job so im puffing on some 965 in my grabow straight.

19. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

:msty:

Actually, it was 36F when I rode the Harley to work this morning. Not cold by y'all's standards, but not pleasant.

20. zappano

zappano Member

After a delicous meal it's time to fire up some McCl.2015 in Rehmbrandt. Well chilled Cider on the side :bing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.