1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Thanks to a very generous Santa, Semois in the Rock Cob. I'm definitely liking the full cigar-like taste.

2. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

finishing the night how I started this morning
    [​IMG]
    In the Ropp Cherrywood, this is a Great pipe for Windows Paint time :ngty:
    [​IMG]
    just altered Erics greeting card
    In to our family greeting card [​IMG] I'd like to Bet Mrs Wicker will kick off :blah: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Good Night All
    *******************[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    SouthBound, psquared, Stormy and 17 others like this.
  3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Is this Kosher.....
    Rekamepip Plug in a MM cob?
    (Only had it in a rock cob before)
    Sometimes I like o think outside the box.
    A rebel without a cause so to speak.

dBear, SouthBound, psquared and 20 others like this.
  4. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

It might have gone 01:35 in the York-Shire but this was just Too Good to Miss
    [​IMG]

dBear, psquared, Lucky Duck and 19 others like this.
  5. user3221

user3221 Active Member

6. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Have to admit "the man" reviewing some of my favorite morning smokes is a little scary. I specifically seek out your reviews on TR because they're as honest as the day is long but I can't see these being much to your liking. Not surprised you favor the Bronze of all the Cubes as I favor the other two for my purposes. My palate isn't in your league and I'll admit to not being able to tell a significant difference between the Halberg Green and Gold Cube as the fruity topping dominates both for me. One on hand is sufficient. On the other hand, the Silver Cube has nice chocolatey undertones I really like with morning coffee and somewhat sets it apart from the others IMHO.

The cardboard "tins" are interesting. I've put back a couple of Halberg Green and Silver Cube in the cellar not because I thing they'll necessarily improve with age but I just like having them around for morning coffee. Have a small air-tight container for the purpose. Two of each in individual freezer bags are all that will fit and the best scheme I could devise so far. I'll know how they do in preserving the baccy in a year or two as it will take me that long to go through all as I normally move on to straight Va and VaPer later in the day.

Speaking of which, it's Burley PA in an MM General for me this evening to get ready to go back to work in the morning.

Look forward to your reviews Jim.

7. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

You are making a mistake by building Jim up so much! He is not a Weeble. when his head gets too big he wobbles and falls over! I'm just sayin'....

8. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Dan's HV from 2012 in a Castello 4K Slightly Bent Prince with black coffee.

SouthBound, psquared, Stormy and 19 others like this.
  9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thank you, Smarty. It is true these blends are not in my preferred flavor profile, but I'll rate them against others I have tried in the genre, and not my personal tastes. I'm going to smoke the Halberg Green next. I did notice some cocoa in the Silver, but thought it was more noticeable in the Bronze, but that could be due to the lesser amount of fruit topping in the latter.

10. JimInks

Aww, go fry an egg, Weeble breath!!

11. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Monday, Monday, Monday, yes it was! Have a bit of a sweet toof tonight so I'm going with some Mac B Vanilla Flake in a GBD Prince and some warmed peach brandy as a chaser. My mom use to keep some peach brandy around for her holiday baking and I would take a swig every once in awhile when I was a kid. Man it was (is) good! She probably thought it was my dad depleting her pint. Going to have a bowl of PS LBF in a Tinsky Mocha Tomato after this. You guys have a fine evening!

SouthBound, psquared, Stormy and 19 others like this.
  12. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

More Best Brown from my PSF Santa in a bent Guildhall.
    [​IMG]

dBear, SouthBound, psquared and 21 others like this.
  13. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye, Caky, Celebrate on!! Can ye pass the pipe, baccy, cookies now... Is that yer plunder of baccy in the cupboard in the back? :eek: Well done matey!!:punk:

14. JimInks

Been very busy making several hate packages. I know at least one guy who's going to be surprised! :csmile: Just finishing MacBaren Cube Gold in a 2003 IMP horn Meer. Going for an English blend next. All that sweetness is making me :eek: a nice guy!:confused: :(:bag::bag:

15. JimInks

My last post didn't go over well around here. I claimed I was beginning to be a nice guy, and all I got was laughter! The Saint Bernard tried to sniff my breath to see if I had been :dkn:, and was greatly disappointed to find out I'm sober. Suzy and Molly walked away in hysterics while m'lady asked if I was crazy (of course I am). Mr. Wooly, who seldom laughs, just shook his head. At least the young nubiles still love me... and often! :ngty: Then again, they didn't read my last post on this page.

Going back to work, and thanks to DBear, I'm smoking Peretti's Midnight in a big bowl 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank. Ice tea properly chilled with laughin' li'l icebergs in my drink. Laugh at me willya?? Well, I'll show you icebergs the meaning of terror!!!!:csmile:

dBear, SouthBound, surlysoul and 19 others like this.
  16. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Congratulations FnB ... very sharp looking publication!

Those were some awfully cheeky remarks by 抜粋 though :whis:.

MB Va. No. 1 in a straight MM Pride ...

17. aggman

aggman Active Member

Totally enjoying some Brown Sword from The Briar Patch in my Grabow Royal Duke.

18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Margate in the Kapet 606 before bed.

19. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Sextant and watching Harry Potter

20. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Wow, just wow.

Throw in a few bottles of fine whiskey and a mini-fridge full of craft beer and you have my dream room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.