What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Getting in a late night smoke. Peretti's Tashkent in the Dr. G. smooth Savoy.

2. InAbsentia

InAbsentia Member

After burning myself out on too much MacBaren Dark Twist and Kramer's Father Dempsey (if that's even possible), I went searching my tobacco drawer for something that was already open - and what do you know, there's a little bit of Fribourg & Treyer's Vintage Flake left. It was real dry, so I was worried I'd be smoking straw, but after fishing up my Virginia-only Stanwell, I fired it up and... wow! This stuff is still excellent!

It's a straight Virginia. That's it. It's cut into sheets, so you have to fold it over (or flake it out depending on your tastes), but it's still excellent if you like Virginia and more Virginia in your bowl. It's the only dry tobacco I've ever had that doesn't make me feel like I'm sucking on a campfire, so... a good review I guess :)

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I like that pipe! Which Best Brown are you smoking? SG's Best Brown Flake, or GH's Best Brown #2?

4. aggman

aggman Active Member

Sutliff's Private Stock Sunset Rum in the GBD Rockroot.

5. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

Just had my first ever bowl of FMOTT. Not bad. Probably the first latakia blend that I have enjoyed.

6. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Dunbar in a Joao Reis elephant's foot, sippin' on some Dickel 12

7. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

For my last smoke before going to sleep, McClelland's Christmas Cheer 1998 in a Altinok Ornamented Pear. Earl Grey ice tea on the side.

8. moosecop

moosecop Member

Drew Estate Heirloom Cherry in a Peterson Irish Army P Lip .. Its ok, but I like Central Park Stroll better...

9. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

This is for Suzy and Molly - something to aspire to!
    Enjoy your evening.
    ~ ZM
    http://vitaminl.tv/video/63?ref=ft

10. zacROK

zacROK Member

Back from a few days in Japan. It was a fantastic trip. Brought some cobs and some tobacco. Was able to smoke in just about any coffee shop there. Sitting down with a MM Legend filled with MB honey and chocolate. Cup of tea on the side.

11. CaKy

CaKy Member

:) Thx, JWG. Would this work? There is a good supply of some 15 year old Kentucky clear spring water behind a door or 2. The mini-fridge is in the next room although I'm old school and have only tried a half dozen or so "craft" beers... various lagers and ales..Abita, Sierra Nevada, Great Lakes, Schlafly, Brooklyn, etc.

[​IMG]

12. CaKy

CaKy Member

:) Yep...that's some of it.

13. CaKy

CaKy Member

Thank you, Emm Pee. It's comfortable.

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Taking a very short work break. Just finished MacBaren Cube Bronze in a 2013 slight bend red stone Rockcob poker. Going for a new smoke and a new drink as m'lady feeds the kittens, who have behaved exceptionally well this evening in allowing me to work without distraction.

15. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

:bow:

Yes, that'll do just fine. In fact, that'll do more than fine. :)

16. JimInks

Now, I'm smoking MacBaren Halberg Green in a straight 1979 MM Legend. May smoke my second bowl of this in a meer. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with aromatic li'l icebergs is my drink. Going back to work now.

Memo to ZeissMan: the video was pretty good, but Suzy and Molly would want get paid first!!!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  17. mojo66

mojo66 Member

IRC Three Star Dutch in a Uhle house Billiard. Nice mellow smoke. :)

18. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Sitting by and awaiting my shipment of Escudo.
    Thinking about the shark suits for JimInks cats.
    Great evening to all.
    ~ ZM

19. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Agree
    Agreed, MentorBV. Looks great. I'm really interested in looking at the English version. I've never tried a bamboo fly rod, but it's on the bucket list. Very cool we have a real authority on the subject here.

By the way, I'm smoking more Dorchester in the Rossi. Tomorrow will be my day to dig into these new Santa blends.

20. JimInks

If you ever watched them run to the kitchen for a meal, your only question would be "Are they are secretly sharks or goats?"

YAPPG, surlysoul, WalkinStick and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.