1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Certainly is Jon, although it's mostly ice, the sun appeared briefly and a thick mist drifted down the valley, it shone like gold, stunning.

2. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,
    For a messy ride in this morning I had Dan's HV in a Ferndown 3* Bark Dublin with a Cumberland Stem and a silver band. Black coffee fro the ride. now I am going out to have some Steven Books First Pipe in a Davorin Morta Medium Bend Egg. More black coffee.

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

3. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Another cob of Sir Walter Raleigh, and then it'll be aromatic time...probably Prince Albert Soft Vanilla.

Just ordered from IRC: 3oz of Old Colonial (Ruff gave me a sample and I love this stuff), and 1.5 oz of IRC Virginia Flake. :puffy:

4. Brit abroad

Its not too bad actually, no wind, also the right clothes help, goose down is wonderful.

5. Brit abroad

PS Proper English in a Benton Big Ben, more hot Joe.

6. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Good morning all. Is it still morning? It's me in the parking lot two hours late for work and slightly hungover from the game last night. Got a feeling it is going to be a long day. It is off to a good start though as I am having my first bowl of PS mango in my altinok Canadian from the 1oz samplers I purchased a few days ago. This one is pretty good.

7. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

CH in a CG,Coffee, now Dunbar in the CG, more coffee.

8. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Old Companion in a Grabow Westbrook wire finish bent bulldog
    Followed by Old Companion in the brown GBD Prehistoric pot

9. InAbsentia

InAbsentia Member

Go Ravens!

10. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Another cup of coffee to go along with my cob of Carter Hall/Black Cavendish mix :puffy:

11. InAbsentia

InAbsentia Member

I slept like utter trash last night, so this morning I finally did what so many posters here recommend, and fired up my corn cob with some Carter Hall. It was a very smooth (and inexpensive) smoke. I think I may keep my cob in my car from now on since it's a great commuting pipe.

Tonight will most likely be some Macbaren Plum Cake in my Saccini Four Dot.

12. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Woooohooooooo!!! Back home after an uber-cack shift at work!! :banana::bdance:

Meanwhile, good afternoon folks. Having suffered from a mild dose of masochism and bought 25g of St, Bruno RR on my way into work yesterday, I'm now settling back with some in a bent MM Legend.

13. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Good morning, Good people. Cob de Meadows with C&D Bayou Morning. Bringing in all the bird feeders to give them a cleaning; long over due.

14. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Tim Horton mug, eh, filled to the brim with strong black coffee, on the front porch smoking EMP in an Edwards flame grain Canadian, a must with a Canadian coffee mug.

15. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

A brisk 6 degrees this mornin- flirtatious "show a little skin" weather in Berg's part of the world. But cold here.

Huge French press of Kona Coffee and a Dunhill Flake/Escudo parfait in a BST Bent Rhodesian.

I need a woman with durable flannel lingerie.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  16. Marker

Marker Active Member

Why lingerie? Do we need to have that birds and the bees talk now that you have grown up Spill?

17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

So once you clean and re-seed the feeders
    the cannon is for ???

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Up and at 'em already? Even I'm surprised. Just finishing MacBaren Cube Gold in a 2003 IMP horn Meer. Going to get a new smoke and drink in a couple of moments.

19. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

Smoked some Mac-Baren Mixture Scottish Blend last night. For the life of me, I can't decide if I like or hate that stuff.

20. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

I've never tried a bamboo fly rod, but it's on the bucket list. Very cool we have a real authority on the subject here.

Cpt cane rods are wonderful I have a few, but nothing compared to the resident expert. If you like smooth slow action rods you may want to consider fiberglass, great feel, very similar to cane, far more affordable. I have several including my first Fenwick which I bought in the 60's.

Now smoking Mississippi River in the same Edwards Canadian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.