What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. critter

critter Member

bowl of odf in a dane with coffee as i go on a tad binge. sold a box of el centurions yesterday to start a parity project between coolidors and cellar. tough job, but someone has to do it :drly:

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now smoking St. James Flake in a straight sandblasted pre-transition Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver band and military bit. Drying out Stonehaven for later. I just posted my reviews for the Macbaren Cube and Halberg series in the Pipe Reviews section for any one who is interested in reading them.

3. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

For my post lunch smoke, I am having another bowl of peter stokkebyes mango in the altinok Canadian. It is cold, not 20 below cold, I am not sure it has ever been that cold here. I do think this may be the coldest December I can ever remember though.

4. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Howdy partners!
    My post dinner bowl might also be the only bowl for today... I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. But there are also some good news - I had some incoming Strang today, as well as a tin of his special Adventstabak. This is what I'm going to smoke now - a lovely smell of Lebkuchen and cinnamon, very christmassy. Have a great evening all!

afterfocus_1387308501031.jpg

5. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Having some peanut butter and pickle relish on Tuscany bread for lunch. A combination I have not found anyone who eats or would like. (what mothers do to their children) After luncheon I will enjoy P&C Larry's Blend in a Ben Wade lovat.

6. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

amazing train trip from Toronto. Took spectacular pictures from the observation lounge. I'll post them when I can. Right now I'm using a neighbours wireless on my phone.

smoked a bowl of FM Cellar during an hour long stopover in Montreal.

I'm in nova Scotia now playing in the snow with Henry. This is a two bowl play session, first was some McC Holiday Spirit followed by some GLP Charing Cross which I'm smoking now.

so happy to be back in this beautiful part of the world.

hope everyone here is keeping well.

7. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Only just seen this post. What a great place. I snuck back in there yesterday while Mrs buistd and her friend were having cocktails nearby. Dragged myself out of bed this morning to go and smoke a bowl of Peretti's tobacco in the 10 degree Boston morning air. Great blend. Can't remember what it is called off the top of my head but it has cigar leaf and perique in there. Just waiting at Logan airport to catch a flight to the hopefully warmer climes of Tucson.

8. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

ODF in a smooth Kaywoodie carburetor straight bulldog

9. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

PS Proper English in a GBD New Standard Bulldog from the prewar period.

10. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Now smoking the last of my open jar of Mississippi River in a GBD New Standard straight grain billiard. It will be interesting to see how long I will be able to go before I take one from the cellar.

11. olddog

olddog Member

Hello. I had a bowl of Black Sea Sokhoum in a newly ebay acquired estate straight "the pipe" pipe. It was kind of a disaster....no, it was a definite disaster, but now I'm soaking the stem in some good rum to try to get the plastic smell out, after which I'll try again.

12. InAbsentia

InAbsentia Member

I'm tempted to do another bowl of Carter Hall in my cob tonight - as previously stated I enjoyed it quite a bit this morning (it being the first bowl of cob tobacco I've smoked). However, there's a dilemma - I have sealed tins of Old Dark Fired and Pirate Kake sitting on my doorstop. So, PSF, should I rip into them or wait until a special occasion?

13. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

I'm trying out the McClelland 221b (Sherlock Holmes series) Black Shag :puffy:
    About halfway through the smoke, which is in a brand new MM Pride bent cob...I like this tobacco. Very unique, kinda sweet and a tiny bit smokey and spicy. I LOVE the shag cut.

14. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was ambushed while getting the primus out of the shed :blah: Shopping :(
    but it turned out OK as we went to Settle N. York's via the scenic back roads about 20 miles
    to the Booths supermarket who have a garden area just off the car park
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    with a view of Penyghent
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    while Mrs Wicker went shopping the Bear set up the Bistro
    [​IMG]
    with an old Samuel Heath and Sons Birmingham Primus
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I had to rescue the Bear who was getting too hot :shead:by the stove
    I was smoking Teddy's York-Shire Tobacco in the Butz Choqin Briar Calabash
    [​IMG]
    Mrs Wicker landed back just in time to take the photo :th1:
    [​IMG]
    as I went off to check my watch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the water boiled and the Bear made Lavazza in the French Press
    [​IMG]
    which went down well as any where with a North or North West aspect was still white with frost.
    I don't bother taking the Primus down as I've found a tin which it fits along with the priming meths
    [​IMG]
    if I'd gone into the hills it would have been the Optimus 98, the billy carries a back up meths burner
    stand, windshield and simmer snuff top along with grips, tongs, olive oil and a nutmeg and grater
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    we called in at Settle Coal and bought a few more sacks of solid fuel for the house stove on the way back
    bring on the snow as there's over a ton in the bunker now for the house
    hot water and central heating off the front room stove
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    dBear, Artistik, Lucky Duck and 24 others like this.
  15. zappano

zappano Member

Good evening folks ;-)
    Bier Plug in Winslow, French Cidre on the side.
    [​IMG]

16. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

:drly:

User4408, inkybat, JWG25 and 6 others like this.
  17. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Got an early start in the morning so I'm having my final smoke of the day a little early. Back on the Revor Plug in the straight.

Thanks for the photos Wicker, especially of Penyghent, been a while since I went up there but it was worth if for the pint of tea and piece of cake at the bottom.

18. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

:toast: here's the other two for the set then :) Inglebourgh from the top of Whernside
    [​IMG]
    Teddy's York-Shire Tobacco in the Ropp Cherrywood to find this

19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

no matter where you go or what you do

Teddy must be related to "Bear" Grylls

He has the survival skills down pat

:th1::th1::th1:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

check out this hilarious jump from a snow-covered car: