1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Just received a shipment from 4Noggins. I have the hired-hands offloading the shipping containers now (Local Union guys, naturally).

GH Bob's Chocolate Flake in an OldTed Full-Bent MM Diplomat.

I believe I now have 22 tons of tobacco in my cellar. Doesn't matter. Don't know where anything is anyway.

2. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Off with daughters #3&#4 to my first swimming meet in 46 years. It appears that solidarity for #2's boyfriend of the week is very, VERY important. Three Friars in a cob for the ride.

Lucky Duck, psquared, jpberg and 23 others like this.
  3. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I saw your review over on TR ... also the one for Va. No. 1 ... excellent.

I think the 'harshness' you talk about in Mixture probably comes from the dark-fired Kentucky, which is now one of my favorite components after the long passage of time. MB does a lot to soften that harshness by treating the dark-fired with (I believe) maple sugar to reduce the pH. But it still might be too spicy if you're into that pure Virginia experience.

At times Mixture can start to taste a bit flat to me, and then that Kentucky rears its head and I'm in heaven again. I used to hate Mixture but now it's one of my standbys ... at least judging from the 5-pound sacks of it I buy. Slow burning, Virginia forward, full flavored with a lot of complexity, and yet mild enough to be smoked all day.

MB Navy Mixture in a Savinelli Baronet Bruyere 315 EX ...

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

We don't really disagree on that. I was comparing it to other blends, where the latakia is stronger, so others will understand what they are going to smoke when they buy it. I like John Bull for its lightness, just as you do. :toast:

5. user3221

user3221 Active Member

spreading a little holiday cheer while smoking a bowl of heine's blend in rc

a smiley face Christmas tree
    :brhat:
    :popc::popc:
    :snork::snork::snork:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:
    :ohyh::ohyh::ohyh::ohyh::ohyh::ohyh:
    :sailor::sailor::sailor::sailor::sailor::sailor::sailor:
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    :bing::bing::bing::bing::bing::bing::bing::bing::bing:
    :th1::th1::th1::th1::th1::th1::th1::th1::th1::th1:
    :puffy::puffy::puffy::puffy::puffy::puffy::puffy::puffy::puffy::puffy::puffy:
    :ccup: :ccup: :ccup: :ccup: :ccup: :ccup: :ccup: :ccup: :ccup: :ccup: :ccup: :ccup:

6. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

I got some Carter Hall from my Secret Santa so I have been smoking that lately out of a funny bent bulldog. And I've been lovin' it. One light up after packing and I am good to go until it's all out.

7. JimInks

Thanks to Eric Pierson, I'm smoking C&D Back Porch in a 1970s slight bend smooth Danish Sovereign XXX 309 with a flat front sitter. First time trying this blend. Very tasty, earthy tobacco. A bottle of Pepsi made with pure cane sugar is my drink.

8. User4408

User4408 Active Member

A hefty wodge of Mac Baren Navy Mixture in a Savinelli Baronet Bruyere 315 EX ...

[​IMG]

If you like Plumcake but prefer a less aromatic version, this is the goods.

9. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Home after another day of CPE. Due to recent law changes in Colorado, there are few new items I have never discussed in a tax seminar before. I am smoking Germain's SLF in a DGE poker shaped nosewarmer.

10. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

OGS in my Ruff-dog.

11. Everman75

Everman75 Member

Evening PSF. For my one year anniversary of being a member on this awesome forum, I'm smoking some Nightcap in a Radice with hot tea on the side.

dBear, Lucky Duck, Snake and 26 others like this.
  12. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

PA in an MM General after work w/ coffee. FM in a Pete 307 before bed which I feel coming on early this evening.

13. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Congrats on the anniversary. :puffy:

14. JimInks

Congrats to Everman75 for the one year anniversary. Hope we didn't totally bring you down to our level!! :xd:

Thanks to Flatbush Paul, I'm smoking Kendal's #7 in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend. I've enough left for one more bowl.

15. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

yes to the left of the photo in your post

[​IMG]
    here at full zoom + a train :)
    [​IMG]
    and looking across to Whernside from Black Shiver Moss below Inglebourgh, Viaduct arrowed red
    [​IMG]
    Teddy's York-Shire Tobacco in the Metcalf Olive wood as I was looking for these :sh:
    Cheers from the Black Shiver Moss day out
    [​IMG]

16. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

currently standing on my mothers portch smoking McC Holiday Spirit in a Pete bulldog and drinking some rum & eggnog. Going in to decorate the tree when I'm done.

love this time of year.

17. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Indulge yourself in some excellent rest, Simmo ... you deserve it! The Advent tobacco looks delicious. One of your fellow countrymen from StaƟfurt sent me a Christmas aromatic in a small decorative tin that was especially fragrant and enjoyable. We used to have that nice tradition of XMAS pipe tobacco here in the US ... about a century ago!

Beautiful photo of the Deerstalker BTW ... really brings out the birds eye.

Still huffing on MB Navy Mixture ... for about the next 1.5 hours at least, judging from the dimensions of this 315 EX.

18. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Evening all! PS LTF in a Pete Sys Dlx. Enjoying the more bearable, slightly less cool Fl weather with the misses.

19. User4408

User4408 Active Member

My considered opinion is that you should rip open that tin of ODF forthwith and prepare to have your socks blown off.

I moved my ODF to an old empty tin of Va. No. 1 because the round ones reseal much better than those rectangular tins.

MB Navy Mixture in a Sav ...

20. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Sutliff Maple Street in a KW 13B Author, Vodka martini, dry, shaken,two olives!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.