1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

F&K Sterling Balkan in the Unique Briars apple with a glass of warm water on the side.

2. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Good choice. I wish they would tell people in the notes things like "Please don't clap between movements" and "It is traditional to stand for the Hallelujah Chorus."

Still working on the Haddo's Delight in the Piersel - heading to bed when it is done...

3. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Aged esoterica pembroke in a savinelli 703ks Panama Canadian.

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Still working, still drinking ice water, and as I also listen to radio shows, I'm smoking Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49.

5. Miller319

Miller319 Member

Whew! Finally caught up. Only took a week and a half. Enjoyed some Royal Yacht in a Dr. G and loved the food court Hallelujah Chorus video rekamepip posted. Lets see how long I stay caught up.

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

John Sinclair's Highland Sliced in the BST.

I'm slightly confused by the brand name for this tobacco. I assume it was not the same John Sinclair who got locked up for breathing air?

7. aggman

aggman Active Member

Hall of Records Winner!!

8. aggman

aggman Active Member

I should've made a cake. Happy Anniversary!:appl:

9. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Carter Hall in the new Missouri Meerschaum- Ozark Mountain Cherry Finish bent Hardwood Pipe...I'll just call it an MM Ozark from now on :)
    It tastes much better now that it's had a few smokes through it :puffy:

10. aggman

aggman Active Member

Fired up the GBD Prodigy with some Drew Estates Toasted Black Cavendish. Chasing it all with Starbuck's Sumatra.

[​IMG]

11. User4408

User4408 Active Member

My first bowl of MCB through a straight Ozark wasn't nearly as soft, smooth, and tasty as it was in a cob. A big part of the Ozark I think is getting a good char developed and that inner shank burnt away. Successive bowls get much better.

Dav Scottish Mixture in a Sav 122 ...

12. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

That does indeed seem to be the case. I've noticed it getting dramatically better after just 3 smokes.
    I can see myself really enjoying these Ozarks. Very cool little pipes :puffy:

13. User4408

User4408 Active Member

That's my wife's favorite ... smells like baked apple crisp with a little apricot thrown in. I like it because it's Virginia forward and dry smoking. The aroma comes through in the flavor which is nice. Used to buy it in bulk bags but haven't seen them lately.

Finishing up the Dav Scot, and moving on to some ... Stanwell Melange in an IMP Meerschaum.

14. Nubbin

Nubbin Member

My first attempt at H & H Darbyshire in a MM cob. I'm not sure about it... will have to try a few more!

15. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

It is 18 deg F and pretty still. Really a nice night. Decided to shovel while smoking some PS LTF in my altinok talon churchwarden. And that was great.

Now I'm smoking some sutliffe great outdoors in the bent maple poker that rekamepip sent me.

Got a big day filled with driving tomorrow so i will catch you guys some time later tomorrow. Good night all.

16. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

This just went on the TAD list. Thx mentor. Sounds like one I will like.

17. aggman

aggman Active Member

Ditto.

18. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Stonehaven in a Nils Fredericksen acorn, sippin' on some Dickel 12

19. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Ahhh, the Old Fashioned is my favorite cocktail. What whiskey do you prefer?

Also, I use the same Zippo lighter and czech tool tamper, and I even use them on my very own Holymolar gifted pipe.

You, sir, are clearly a gentlemen of the utmost refinement and excellence! :thu:

Lucky Duck, nicktrap, Pariah and 13 others like this.
  20. moosecop

moosecop Member

House of Uhles in a Nording Freehand.. Christmas eve is next Tues Night. Hard to believe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.