What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

@FlatbushPaul. Don't have any '98 Christmas Cheer- haven't smoked it. I have smoked 2000-2012 though and am a big fan of 2003, 2005, and 2009 (I know, too young for you). In 2019, when that 2009 has a decade on it, we'll all be even older and smellier (hopefully). If my "good teeth" can still clench a Pot everything will be fine. If I can remember your name, I'll send you some.

2003 Christmas Cheer in a BST Rhodesian.

2. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

I have decided to go to work late today. I need to smoke some Germain's Brown Flake in a Northern Briars bulldog and drink more coffee from this blue spode cup.

3. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I like the way you think.

4. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

I like Petrol stoves my 8R is a Russian copy but solid being made out of old Tank bits ;)
    [​IMG]
    I run them on 'Panel wipe' which is pure Naptha for wiping down before cellulose spraying it's the same as Coleman fuel But only £10 per gallon :) and unlike Petrol doesn't smoke and soot the Billy up :old:
    [​IMG]
    and start prime them with a cooks blow torch rather than a pump squirt then shut off light wait open
    [​IMG]
    smoking a new Ropp Cherry wood to post this photo to follow

5. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Prepping my second pipe of the day: A Carter Hall/Black Cavendish mix in the MM Ozark bent.
    More coffee on the way.

6. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Cracking on with another bowlful of Irish Flake in the Portland. The new pipe seems to be working a treat.

7. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

1-Q in a Linkmans 9760/coffee,reading the other thread about caulking guns made me realize I don't miss work when it's COLD out .

8. Husayn

Husayn Member

Enjoing a bowl of 3P in my MM CG, going down a treat with some super strong black coffee...aahhh, man's best friends, caffeine and nicotine! :)

9. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

C'mon Dave! ya gotta take care of the good teeth! Otherwise you'll need a rubber thingy! Well, I hope good gums can do the job when I get to that point!

The '03 & 05 should be ok. The '09 should percolate some more. I mean, listen, Christmas Cheer is also terrific when it's fresh. I just love the way it ages.

10. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Wicker, I have never seen anybody with so many "things"! Where do you keep all this stuff!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  11. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Having some St Bruno RR in the bent MM Legend.

12. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

almost done with LBF in a smooth Supergrain Kaywoodie pot

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  13. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

In big piles :beck: it's not the keeping but the finding in the chaos after Mrs Wicker tidys up and hides things :doh:
    just late last night I was looking for a brass food warmer that always lived on the stove to dry some sand on :sh: it was not in sight :mad:
    asked Mrs Wicker this morning Oh! it was dusty so I put it in the book case :bag: after 30+ years I've not worked her lodgic out :msty:
    smoking the new Ropp next post

14. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

15. buistd

buistd Sales Account

That's the one. Now sitting in my mother-in-law's back yard smoking Peretti's Cuban in a Dunhill reject Canadian.

16. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

PS Norwegian in a smooth Kaywoodie carburetor straight bulldog

17. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Sitting on the front porch, usual cuppa, getting caught up reading the forum posts, whilst smoking Red Cake in my favorite Va pipe, a Kaywoodie bent apple with a push stem.

18. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Enjoying some Sir Walter Raleigh in my new MM straight Legend :puffy:
    A mild lager for my beverage.

19. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

I've been off line for several days. PC at home works, but the work one died last Friday. Finally back with everything looking good. I have complained about Ashton blends in the past but I am now noticing if I smoke either Gold Rush or Guilty Pleasure in my Peterson system St. Pat's Day 2013 (304) they both taste fine. Smoked the Guilty Pleasure last night and nothing to complain about!

Started this Wednesday off with John Bull. Finished the pouch, and enjoyed each smoke. But not sure if I will re-order.

20. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

I'm smoking Peretti's Burley Slices in my Holymolar-gifted rusticated MM cob in an effort to boost my enthusiasm before shoveling my driveway from the snow we got here in NH last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.