1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

The Calabresi is full of Sextant and I'm ready to give this Santa blend another go. I really liked it the first time, but didn't notice the rum flavoring or the dark fired Kentucky. I'm going to be paying more attention this time around. To go with it, I'm reading the book on dissertation writing my Secret Santa sent me and drinking a big mug of coffee.

2. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

1/2 bowl in the Brigham from last night. SWR in a MM Dip.

3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning all! Smoking some AJ's va/per in a Falcon. Hot cuppa PG tips to sip on. Heat spell coming on, it's up to a blistering 19 out this morning.

4. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Rum Flake in a bent Falcon with an Algiers bowl.

I hope Santa brings me about 100 pounds of this stuff.

5. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

I noticed you were missing, good to have you back :)

I believe you were curious about my opinion of it when I ordered John Bull last week... received my pouch of John Bull yesterday and have smoked it a few times.
    I really like it because of the whole "mild English" tag it gets. Sometimes excessive Latakia leaves an unpleasant taste for me, but I think John Bull got it right as far as proportions. I think it's wonderfully balanced with the Virginias, Burley and very lightly sweet Black Cavendish.
    Funny, but this may well become my go-to English blend :)

Still smoking the SWR in the MM Legend. Up next is another recent purchase that I've fallen in love with: McClelland Black Shag (221b series) in a new MM bent Pride.

6. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

After the usual fare for tea, I am finally sitting back with a full stomach, pipeful of Royal Yacht buried contentedly in my face!

7. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

It probably doesn't any way but if I post this some where else it won't make sence :msty:
    So I start by saying I was smoking more Teddy's York-Shire Tobacco in the new straight Ropp Cherry wood (still am) and find them a great smoke and very easy to clench I'd not tried them before Old Ted mentioned how good but overlooked they were I'd always thought of them as too big looking more like French fighting clubs :shead:
    till I spotted these smaller versions, having salvaged the brass night light food warmer :ohyh: which was a charity shop find
    [​IMG]
    I had the idea [​IMG] of using it for a wind shield billy support with one of the meths stoves
    [​IMG]
    the 'O' ring means you can carry it with fuel in the small can is a Tuna tin for a snuffer and the syringe is for priming
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I made a wood pattern to bash a copper lid for the Crusader billy
    [​IMG]
    and in no time
    [​IMG]
    a Lapsang Souchong and a York-Shire tea bag and Robert is your Mothers brother :whis: I like Meths stoves as well
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  8. BernardLerring

I like the meths burners. They're always good to have on a camping holiday. Glad my dad's not looking at this though, he'd have a fit at those two lit burners near a bookcase, lol. He always was a little health and safety conscious though.

9. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Allowing the MM Pride-Black Shag combo to rest while I break in a new MM Washington straight cob with Sail Regular (Yellow) cavendish :puffy:

10. Everman75

Everman75 Member

Afternoon PSF. Lunchtime. Smoking some Haddo's Delight in a straight Kaywoodie "Straight Grain".

11. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

they're actually all lit as I had to prove to Customs and Excise I had a good reason for a certifacate to buy industrial meths i.e. without the purple dye which sticky soots the billys up so I sent them the photo and got the certificate :ohyh:

12. BernardLerring

You must get a lot of use out of them then. What's the advantage of the industrial meths?

13. notrab

notrab Member

Magnum opus in my EA Carey loving every puff i have to get a lot more of this stuff

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Slept in some, which I needed. Just finishing a bowl of MacBaren Cube Bronze in a 2013 slight bend red stone Rockcob poker. Not sure what to smoke next, but I'm going to fix a cup of hot tea and get some tobacco.

15. moosecop

moosecop Member

Well havent fiqured out my afternoon smoke yet.. I see Eric P is not on.. H said he was busy today..I hope his presentation today on the Government sponsered Condos for little people goes well..Specially designed condos built smaller for them.. Eric has a good heart...I just dont like the name... Piersons stay free mini pads.. oh well..

16. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Compared to Eric we're all "little people".

17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

smoking the honorary bowl of triple play in my new
    pear wood thinkin pipe

this is part of my Mom and Dads Pear tree that broke in half last year so the wood holds sentimental value to me

more of their tree fell again this year
    so i am thinking (see the pipe works ) i will send a few branches over to a buddies who runs a drying kiln

100_7226.JPG

:th1::th1::th1:

18. moosecop

moosecop Member

now that pear pipe is cool

19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Reading Rekamepip's post about making pipes prompted me to light up a bowl of Rekamepip's Pressed October Blend in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank. Gonna be a slow day for the first part of it.

20. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

My Old Dark Fired (and Dark Flake Unscented) just arrived! I'm sitting here with this unopened tin in front of me trying to decide if I should hold off until I have finished off some of these open tins...but I don't think I can resist. hmmmmmmmmmm......

Poop! Old Dark Fired in the Basil Meadows. I've always been bad at delayed gratification. Ooh..nice packaging job, MacBaren. Smells great too. Time to head out to the balcony with a book to fire this up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.