What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Bernard already got acquainted with Director's Cut! soon he will meet some Dockworkers...

dBear, sillyoldbear, User4408 and 9 others like this.
  2. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

And then Christmas will have truly come. Many thanks Simmo, it's much appreciated.

3. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I seem to remember having sampled H&H Clasic Burley Kake a while ago...but if so, it's been long enough that I don't remember other vaguely thinking I liked it. Thankfully, Spill sent me a nice sample of it all sealed up a while ago that I got to crack today. I wanted to revisit it before snagging some during P&C's December H&H sale. I just packed a half bowl in my Christmas '12 Peterson Prince (408). I may also be having a half bowl of some McC Blackwoods Flake in one of my Rinaldos in a bit.

dBear, Lucky Duck, Artistik and 17 others like this.
  4. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

another bowl of Old Companion in the rusticated Kaywoodie Canadian while delivering groceries, running by the post office, etc.

I know it is not supposed to work this way, but that second bowl in the Kaywoodie was better that the first...

5. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

well, I just hope it will get there in time. You probably will have to celebrate Christmas until the beginning of January. :)

7. BernardLerring

Well, I'm off up to my parent's on Tuesday until the weekend so if it's not here by then, they'll have to deal with the consquences. I might end being such a pain in the backside, they'll let me smoke in the house just to shut me up. it'll be as delightfully enjoyed regardless of when it arrives though, I'm sure. Still got my fingers crossed for the next couple of days, might make packing a pipe a little trick though.

8. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Sail Yellow in that same long-suffering Kaywoodie Canadian.Thos tobacco is thinner cut and slightly darker than I remember, but I am enjoying this a lot - Thanks Eric!

9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Almost finished smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2013 MM straight Legend. I had unexpected company, and enjoyed chatting for little time we had. Suzy and Molly slept through everything. Maybe they thought we were just that boring!

10. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Getting ready to leave work and I'm fixin' my smoke for the ride home. GH Dark Plug Uncsented in a Cellini Slightly bent Billiard with a black coffee for the ride. I was able to procure an 8 oz block from a Texas store on the web that I've never heard of. They don't carry much but this, they had, go figure.

11. BernardLerring

It's last smoke of the night time and, for your view pleasure once more, it's Revor Plug in the straight Adsorba with a bucket of tea.

12. zappano

zappano Member

Now i light up my first bowl of HU Haymaker.
    Hans say's ...
    Haymaker ist ein angenehm süßer Virginia Flake mit Blattgut aus Indien, den Phillipinen und Brasilien.Dieser reine Virginia Flake besticht sowohl durch seine Aromafülle als auch durch seine gutmütigen Raucheigenschaften. Der Haymaker ist ein unkomplizierter Begleiter, mit komplexer Aromatik für die genußvollen Stunden des Tages.

Da wie bei allen HU - Tobacco Flakes auf Kleber und Bindemittel verzichtet wird, lassen sich die Flakescheiben sehr gut aufrubben oder aber als ganze Scheiben in die Pfeife stopfen.

English version...
    Haymaker is a pleasantly sweet Virginia flake with leaf from India, the Philippines and Brasil. This pure Virginia flake stands out for both its full aroma as well as by its pleasant smoke properties.
    The Haymaker is a straightforward companion, with complex aromas of pleasurable hours of the day. Because as with all HU - is omitted Tobacco flakes on glue and binder, the Flake can very well rubbed or cram as whole slices into the pipe.

(hope Google Translate does a well job)

...so, now HU Haymaker in Winslow
    [​IMG]

13. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Peterson University Flake in the Donegal Rocky XL02

14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

...isn't there an english version of the site? :bag: just hit the button with the flag....:)

Haymaker
    is a natural sweet Virginia flake from Indian, Philippine and Brazilian leaf. This pure Virginia flake fascinates both by its full aroma, and a pleasurable smoking experience. Haymaker is an easy going companion with complexity for delightful smokes troughout the day.
    As for all HU-Tobacco flakes, no glues and binders are used and thus enable easy rubbing or fold and pack.

15. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Round 2: Old Dark Fired in the Basil Meadows. I definitely enjoyed it, but I think I was tasting some ghost of the Dorchester I've been smoking so much. I'm thinking this second pipe will allow me to get a better taste of what Old Dark Fired is on its own.

16. JimInks

Now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. You knew it was only a matter of time before I did! ;) Hot coffee is my drink. Working at half speed since there's no hurry.

17. JimInks

I'd like to hear what you think of it when you smoke it. Have you ever tried FVF or Saint James Flake plugs? I hear the taste is deeper in the plugs than in the flakes we're used to buying.

18. zappano

zappano Member

HU Haymaker review... no! It's to early for real review of that tobacco. But after a few puffs, i'm glad to order it. Think it's not my last tin of that. I think Simmo get his Haymaker tomorrow, and we will inform you for sure ;) By now, i like it!

19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

100_7229.JPG

Saving the Savinelli for now but loading up the shop pipe with some country estate ( thanks to JS ! )
    big mountain of boxed chocolates and Christmas Cookies on the side
    ( but saving those for late night munchies )

off to the garage to makes dust

20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Last set of the day: Moretti & The Dockworkers. Man, I love that band.

[​IMG]

dBear, Lucky Duck, jshogan2 and 19 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.