What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everman75

Everman75 Member

Evening PSF. Smoking a layered combo of Black House & Blue Mountain in a MM General. Hot PG Tips tea to drink.

2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

3. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Evening, fellows.

Been sick as a dog lately, but finally feel well enough for a bowl of Bayou Morning in a Brebbia jumbo pot.

4. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Glad you're feeling better. It jumped on me a few days ago too. Still coughing a little.

5. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Packing some Brigadier Black Waterloo that's been drying (Thanks Rekamepip!) and smoking it in my black rock cob with about half a whiskey glass full of Bulleit Rye. Evening folks.

Hope you guys starting feeling better. That nasty cold hit me about a month ago.

6. Atom

Atom Member

In between sweet smokes of Hearth and Home Marble Kake and Skandinavik Full Aroma today I smoked a cigar.
    I haven't had a cigar in at least 8 to 10 months but it was the prefect weather for it. Cold and crisp but still bright and sunny.
    As much as I love the taste of tobacco there were just a half dozen or so puffs that tasted okay.
    More often than not I find pipe tobacco to be uplifting and refreshing, both in taste and experience. With pipe tobacco I'm buoyed up whilst a cigar feels weighted down. (If that makes any sense at all) So the humidor lid will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
    Hope everyone has a great evening!

7. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Off to "Cheeseburger Night" w/daughter #1 and PS English Oriental in an autocob for the ride. Good evening, Good people.

8. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

9. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Sutliff great outdoors in a MM.

10. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

A belated anniversary to you, Everman75!

I'm now smoking Carter Hall in my MM Diplomat. Puff on!

11. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Teddy's York-Shire Tobacco in the small bent Ropp Cherry wood :)
    I've a pass-out for tomorrow so early night (for me) off on an expedition crack of dawn
    Have a Good Night All
    ********************* [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm about to light up a bowl of Tilbury in a smooth 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton. Going to do some tobacco jarring now with m'lady.

13. Everman75

Everman75 Member

Finished the Blue Mountain/Black House combo. Not bad. The cob I had it in is not fully broke in yet so it smoked a little raw.

Now I'm in to some Magnum Opus in a Tim West bent bulldog.

14. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I am having a great smoke. To start moosecop seriously hooked me up with a smorgasbord of uhles and I just had a chance to dig into it today. Thanks a lot mark. This blew away my expectations.

I also received the wonderful Christmas gift to myself from myself. After quickly obtaining permission to open it early I am smoking my new to me estate randy Wiley feather carved freehand. I will get a picture out here when I get achance. This thing is huge and beautiful. Much like myself:rolleyes:

It is an estate, but the inside is pretty clean, so I chose black stoker as my first smoke as I feel it will help build a cake quicker being an all cavendish blend. So far so good.

15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Mac Baren Honey & Chocolate in the Viking Classic bulldog. I keep hoping if I try enough blends in this enough times, eventually I'll get it to smoke well...I just started the bowl, though, so wish me luck! (it's the bottom half that always sucks)

16. surlysoul

surlysoul Active Member

STM in a plain old yellow 2013 Christmas BST with a glass of room tempature tap water on the side.

17. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Good evening everyone.
    Sipping McC. Black Shag in a MM bent Pride :puffy:
    Next up shall be a Prince Albert/Five Brothers mix in a MM straight Legend.

I can hear the sirens of fire engines blaring nearby which is rare in this part of the mountains. Hopefully nothing serious and just a false alarm.

18. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Evenin All! Getting a late start tonight. Changing the flint into zippo turned into a major engineering project..... I partially stripped the brass screw and had to re-thread it.... Back in business now though.

Capstan Blue in a Sav Bing. EW is the bev. Puff on! :sailor:

19. surlysoul

surlysoul Active Member

+1
    Of course, I will be happy if Santa even comes to my house instead of Krampus.

dBear, Lucky Duck, psquared and 10 others like this.
  20. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Just sent my 1959 Zippo off to the Repair Clinic for a pipe insert ... I know they will handle it with care. Prolly older than a lot of you gents on the forum. Anyone done this recently? ... is 4 - 5 weeks turnaround about right? Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.