1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Smoking my first ever bowl of tambolaka (thx justin) in my new tsuge blowfish. I knew this pipe was small, but not this small. My neighbors will think I'm smoking crack. On second thought, they already think that.

It does smoke good though and fits the purpose for which I bought it. Quick smokes with heavy blends. I've been waiting to try this sample til I got this pipe. I may have to give 1792 another shot with this. Oh, the possibilities I have with my little crack pipe.

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

While jarring up tobacco, some meant for aging, and some just to cull down the open amount of blends in baggies, I snuck myself a bowl of BRG in a 1983 Ben Wade Duo 65 Smooth Poker. I was a little concerned about the condition of the tin, but the tobacco was fine inside. The hard part was DGTing the BRG because I greatly enjoy this tobacco. Maybe I should have saved more than one bowl to smoke now, but it took two jars to fill the 8 oz., and I didn't wish to leave much air space in the jars. But, I still have a couple of smaller tins, and I'm curious to see how well BRG ages. Jarred up most of my ERR Match, some FVF, ODF, most of the Fox and Hound I got from Eric (I should have saved more of it for current consumption), some Anni Kake, some Classic Burley Kake, some Virginia Spice, Count Pulaski, Voodoo Queen, SPS Westminster, Rekamepip's Winter Blend, two one pound bags of Burley London Blend, most of an 8 oz. tin of Rolando's Own, and some MacBaren Dark Twist. All in all, we used 24 jars, and it was not easy finding space for them in the warehouse, but Mr. Wooly and the young nubiles managed to do that. The Saint Bernard would have helped, but he's having a drink at DBear's as a reward for the floaty li'l iceberg delivery. I didn't even know DBear had electricity in his bear cave! Guess Ranger Smith isn't so bad after all!

Before you ask, Mr. Smarty Dustpanties, no, I did not do anything with the tub of Heine's Blend. :p: I would have, but it'll have to wait until I smoke down some of the open burleys I have.

dBear, Lucky Duck, mitchell and 20 others like this.
  3. critter

critter Member

first out at the poker table tonight. took my buddy for a walk with a bowl of odf and enjoying the crisp 36 degree evening and a big moon. good night

4. Eric Pierson

That was a quick smoke, this one should take much longer. I filled th Wiley freehand with some tilbury. Going to time this. I am pretty sure this is now my largest bowl.

5. user3221

user3221 Active Member

I almost sent you a sample of my heines blend today
    but didn't
    because i had already rotated it back into the safe box, igloo ice chest, secret hiding place
    and it won't see daylight for a while - sorry

currently smoking a bowl of mcclellands black shag while finishing up a couple more hardwood pipes

6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Got Pictures ???

PipeSimmo, p120d16y, psquared and 4 others like this.
  7. Eric Pierson

I just took some with my phone but don't know how to upload with it. I will put some on tomorrow when I get to my desk.

8. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Lancers Slices in the Unique Briars apple with a glass of warm water on the side.

It's 54 degrees and I'm in a t-shirt.

9. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Get the Photobucket app, upload to same, get the code and it will copy to clipboard, paste to forum. Others may have more or better suggestions!

10. JimInks

Now smoking Anniversary Kake in a straight Lane era Charatan black with burgundy undertone sandblasted billiard 420. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with floaty li'l icebergs who just missed being at DBear's cave. Working and listening to the news.

11. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

For my last smoke, GL Pease Telegraph Hill 2005 in an Altinok Ornamented Pear. Ice tea on the side. Li'l floaty icebergs are devoting themselves to keeping it chilled to some such perfect drinking temperature that some Inks guy determined was necessary. The Saint Bernard delivered them in a cooler. Of course I tipped him 2 double Bloody Marys before he staggered off into the night.
    Hey Jim, get him a Santa suit that fits , will ya!

12. JimInks

For the record, it was not I, but a team of Nobel Prize winning scientists who correctly determined the proper temperature for drinks with floaty lil icebergs. Had you read the proper scientific journals instead of the WAYS thread, you would have known this!

Paul, have you ever tried to fit a whiskey drinking, maduro smoking Saint Bernard into a Santa outfit? Especially when he's jabberin' on about some car mechanic who fried an egg in whiskey without sharing? T'aint easy, my friend!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  13. UncleVint

UncleVint Member

I opened a tin of 3 Nuns that I put up 14 years ago and it sure has improved. Sweet and very mild. Smoking it an old MM Diplomat.

14. muddler

muddler Active Member

Rained all night & it's still raining. Lovely weather - & cooler too, for which I'm glad. Was getting a bit uncomfortably hot here. Not much on my plate today having yesterday concluded a last few matters for our little business. Now it's the run-in to Christmas, which seems to have come surprisingly quickly this year.

The last of the Ugandan coffee, Chelsea Morning in an Ashton. Life is good.

[​IMG]

15. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Briar Fox in a Matzhold volcano, sippin' on Buffalo Trace

16. LoganG

LoganG Member

On this beautiful Florida evening that finally dropped below 80, I'm enjoying a nice bowl of Sam Gawith 1792 out of Peterson.

17. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Lots of great smokes... Too many to list. I've been busy busy here. I had a funny realization the other day. In the last eight years I've worked at the shop where I am currently, by conservative estimate, I've performed 10,000 guitar repairs. I repaired guitars for twelve years before that! I had a nice relaxing evening with the wife thinking about that and smoking a seemingly endless bowl of prince Albert in a deceptively large bowled Don Carlos... G' night all.

18. JimInks

Working, listening to Killing Kennedy, and now smoking Classic Burley Kake in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl. I just fed Suzy and Molly, which means they'll leave me be to work in peace for a bit.

19. JimInks

Almost finished smoking MacBaren Halberg Green in a straight 1979 MM Legend. I've just a little more work to do before I can stop for the day.

20. JimInks

Just fed Suzy and Molly, and am going to play some ear plug catch with them now that I'm through working for the day. I'm now smoking R-Blend in a 1983 medium bend, mostly smooth, bottom rusticated Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier 3 Fait Main. Running low on this tin now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.