1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Another round of Sail Natural in the PSF POY

2. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Well past time for a cheap, mild but very tasty English: John Bull Royal English in one of my older pipes, an MM Pride straight cob I bought in about ~2002.
    I very recently dedicated this old corncob friend back to Latakia blends. I think its been wanting to go back to those blends for a while now :puffy:

3. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Smoking some Carter Hall in this cob I don't know the shape name of (flat bottom with a rounded barrel bowl lip) and getting ready to start on some work.

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Since the Brentford is
    quite small, I'm done
    with that bowl and am
    moving on to some
    Condor LC in the
    dedicated Falcon

5. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

I'm retiring the night into the oblivion it deserves with some Revor Plug in the straight Adsorba. Is it me or is this stuff the tobacco equivalent of beef wellington with a rather healthy smattering of cranberry sauce and almost as difficult to light?

6. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Today was one of those more stressful holiday days, between Henry's cabin fever and me trying to get work done.

so it was really nice to get out for a bowl of GLP Charing Cross in a Stanwell, even if its rainy and gloomy.

earlier today it was C&D Autumn Evening while I was out playing with the boys in the snow.

7. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Paul Olsen My Own Blend Christmas Blend 2012 in a Zavvos rhodesian.

8. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

I believe it is called a "Rob Roy" styled bowl. I've noticed some of MM's Washington and Legends come in that shape.
    http://aristocob.com/LEGEND-Missouri-Meerschaum-Corn-Cob-Pipe-P664353.aspx

Now smoking some Altadis Chocolate Truffle in an MM Ozark bent hardwood :puffy:

9. jshogan2

jshogan2 Sales Account

Irish Oak in my new (to me) '05 Peterson St. Patrick's Day XL02 this afternoon. I'm just starting to break in this big boy. The drilling is, believe it or not, perfect in my eyes, and the birdseye on the sides of the bowl is awesome! I'd been looking into getting an XL02 for quite a while since it looked like it would be a great clencher, and I'm stoked to find that to be the case. Puff on... :bing:

10. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] A quiet afternoon with FVF in a Ferndown churchwarden. The background is a coal barge on the Ohio River, another quiet afternoon a few years ago.

11. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Just catching up with Yall while having some St. George's Blend ( Thanks Jiminks) in my Rockcob.
    One more day at the mine and Off until next year. Wish I was going with Artistik :cool:

12. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Oh hey that one pictured in the back IS the pipe I have. Never heard it called that. Thank you!

13. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Just got back from two hours at the pediatrician with my daughter. She's got an ear infection in both ears...well, at least it'll hopefully have cleared up by Christmas. I just brought her back home to my wife who also has a cold. I'm off to get the prescription filled and to get some stuff to make both my girls feel better. To make me feel better, I've got some Germain's Brown Flake in the Basil Meadows. Don't think I'm a jerk, but I might take the long way home.

14. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Sorry to hear that, brother. Hope they both get better quickly, and that you don't catch it. :th1:

15. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Watching the low budget flick "Bad Ass Spider" - the scientific advisor in the matter of spiders is smoking a corn cob! Dialog between him and a guy who saw the spider:
    Spider expert: " Did you ever saw the arachnid?" Eyewitness: "I don't know what that is.. did you say Iraq?" Pipesmoking spider expert: "Arachnid!" Eyewitness: "I like your pipe!"
    ... the best lines of ths movie so far... I'll continue watching, while smoking some Christmas Cheer 2012 in a Pete.

16. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Remember those days well. Hang tuff.

17. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Davidoff Flake Medallions.

18. zappano

zappano Member

last bowl for tonight, HU Haymaker in Rehmbrandt.
    Good n8 PSF!
    [​IMG]

19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Condor Long Cut in the Peterson System. First smoke after my last final of the semester....life if good!

20. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Just finishing a bowl of Golden Extra in a rusticated Kaywoodie Canadian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.