1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WallyBSez

WallyBSez Member

H&H Louisiana Red in a MM Great Dane Egg. Real solid stuff for a warmer than expected winter afternoon in northern Indiana.

2. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Afternoon, fellows.

Red Rapparee in a Curt Rollar giganto-dublin.

3. Primal

Primal Member

Today i visited Blatter & Blatter.. oh my, can i ever go back to Captain Black!? Had a bowl of the Navigateur on the way home, very nice indeed. After fixing a coffee I lit up a bowl of Blatter Reserve.. my life may never be the same! lol
    For those who have never tried it, they do ship to the States, however it's $25Can/50gr and shipping is $15.

4. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Time for some Sir Walter Raleigh...or, maybe Prince Albert...I'll decide when I pick up the MM Legend straight cob that either shall be smoked in.
    A mild Honey Lager will be my beverage of the evening.

Looked at the weather forecast, and it's supposed to get into the 60s (F) this weekend. It'll be a shame to see all the snow-cover turn into muddy mush.

5. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Afternoon all, having 5100 in a no name English calabash. This is my first go at 5100.

6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Finally get to settle into a bowl of tobacco

Smoking some Black Shag
    while checking out this new pipe that Coastie sent to me:bdance:
    what a wonderful rustication he did :th1:

100_7277.JPG

7. Atom

Atom Member

Small world! A pair of MM cobs came in today for me too, a Patriot and a Pony Express.
    I'm using the short mouthpiece from the Pony Express on the Patriot to give it a kind of nosewarmer look and feel. As for the Pony Express... I shortened the shank and wiped on a bit of black shoe polish, because I'm not a big fan of the yellow color, to make it look a little more interesting. The Pony is really small, both in chamber size and thickness of the walls. What have you found to work best in it? I have a feeling it might be a black cav/aro type of pipe?

I've been smoking Skandinavik Full Aroma (thank you Bill Dawson) today while I formulate some ideas on writing a review. But this evening I'll need a change of pace, to go back to the Skandinavik with fresh taste buds and ideas later. So I'll give Half and Half a try. Happy Smoking and Happy Holidays to all!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  8. ChristTiger

So the 5100 is not bad! Nice creaminess, wonderful aroma. I know this straight VA, but I would swear there is some burley in there; nutty.
    :bing:

p120d16y, Lucky Duck, dBear and 22 others like this.
  9. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Sutliff alexander bridge ( Thanks Jim) in a Wilke

10. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

It's always exciting getting new cobs isn't it? :)
    I've tentatively decided to dedicate the Eaton and Pony to the stronger (nicotine wise) tobaccos. Five Brothers went very well in both pipes today... about 20 minute smokes.
    Tomorrow I'm expecting a similarly tiny (but longer bent stem) Mizzou to arrive (along with yet more MM Cobs). Like you, I do plan on modifying some of my new cobs. The idea of making one of the small ones into a churchwarden has come to mind :)

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the yellowish color of some of the Cobs. I've already sanded a few of my recent arrivals for a more natural look.

Now smoking SWR in an MM Legend straight :puffy:

11. ChristTiger

That's a great looking pipe! :th1:

12. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

5100 Red Cake is my go to straight red Virginia :th1:
    I frequently smoke a pipe-full gradually throughout the evening, allowing it to rest while smoking other blends. The flavor is so natural and tasty :puffy:

p120d16y, Lucky Duck, dBear and 21 others like this.
  13. Everman75

Everman75 Member

Evening PSF. Smoking some GLP Odyssey in a CAO meerschaum I call the "skull pipe". Hot tea on the side.

14. ChristTiger

Agreed, gets better as I go farther into the bowl. Well, here goes a pound added to the TAD list. :byg:

15. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Old Companion in a rusticated Brebbia pot with ice water while I wait for supper to heat up in the oven - I give someone a ride home from the bus station shortly, so I have to get smokes in now...

16. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I need something absolutely delicious. My blood pressure is up after spending an hour at the pharmacy getting a prescription filled that had been called in an hour and a half before I arrived....for Amoxocillin. How much easier does it get? The thing that gets me is that the lady looked for the prescription for about ten minutes, then told me they had to make it up and it'd be another ten minutes. More than a half hour later she finally told me that the other pharmacist had just started it. I could have been sitting out in my car relaxing with a pipe!

Dorchester in the MF'ing Rossi.

17. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Fine looking pipes in that rack.

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Been busy as can be between work and helping my neighbor with a problem. A few minutes ago, I finished smoking Full Virginia Flake in a much cherished smooth straight grain three quarter bend 1979 Becker M 4 heart brandy. Now I'm going to get a new smoke and a drink. Suzy and Molly were very glad to see me back in the house.

19. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Atom, psquared, sillyoldbear and 5 others like this.
  20. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

SG Grousemoor Plug in a Sav Estella. :bing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.