What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Just smoking a bowl of mac baren burley London blend in the altinok Canadian and thinking about helping out a friend in need.

It appears sassy, one of moosecop's performing monkeys, was leaving the rodeo last night dressed up in a new leather teddy that moosecop commissioned from sorring owl when she happened upon a pickled mr. Wooley. Mr. Wooley was explaining the wierd nature of his indentured servitude with the inks iceworks corp when he mistook poor sassy for chi chi, the cute chihauhua who occasinally delivers packages for mr. Inks. One thing lead to another and Needless to say, poor sassy will not walk for a month. As for the teddy i ask that noone share with sorringowl what became of his work.

I know the strain that this will put on moosecop as ms. Sassy is a big draw so I've decided him to lend him one of my munchkins. Now I haven't explained all the finer details of the job. I just told he was dressing in a monkey outfit. And i might have told him he was performing for children. His visions bad anyway, so The less he knows the better.

p120d16y, Lucky Duck, dBear and 21 others like this.
  2. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Celebrating a Farewell smoke of aged Mac Baren Mixture Scottish Blend in a Cavicchi Bent Dublin ...

[​IMG]

Well, Good Friends, old MBV has become way busier than he ever should be. For the foreseeable future, solid blocks of free time will be at a premium. I won't reliably have that enjoyable hour or so daily when I can tune into WAYS and see what you folks are stuffing into your pipes.

For almost 10 months I've had the pleasure of being in the warm company of like-minded souls. That has meant a lot. It wouldn't feel right simply departing without first telling you how much I've enjoyed--and learned from--your posts, particularly in WAYS and New Posts. I hope to get the chance maybe once a week to briefly scan those threads, but don't expect to cover more than 0.001%. At best.

And even though I'll no longer have the time to comment or to tune in as frequently, rest assured that I'll always be mindful of our fellowship. And of our constant, unapologetic enjoyment of the simple pleasures in life, in the face of a world that occasionally goes mad.

3. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Go in peace Mentor! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

4. InAbsentia

InAbsentia Member

Yet another bowl of Kramer's Father Dempsey. I'm going to stop smoking it when it stops tasting so good... which will probably be never. I think it's as close to Dunhill 965 that I'll ever get.

I'm smoking it in my straight grain Larsen oompah. At least I think it's a Larsen - it's unmarked and says a whole lot of nothing, so... that's the best guess the guys at my pipe shop have come up with. They are saying it's most likely a Larsen that was made in a Comoy or GBD factory.

5. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Hey Mentor, please say hello whenever you can. I can't tell how much I've enjoyed your posts! Be well and stay safe!

p120d16y, Lucky Duck, dBear and 17 others like this.
  6. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

A small bowl of GLP Samarra in a Stanwell Brazalia, with a snifter of good rum. Sleep calls good people.

MentorBV I will miss your most valued posts.

7. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

5100 in the Unique Briars canted apple.

8. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I'm having Reiner's Long Golden Flake 2006 in a Dunhill Group 5 Tan Shell Bulldog. Ice tea is my drink and li'l floaty icebergs are doing their thing.

p120d16y, Lucky Duck, olddog and 17 others like this.
  9. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Mentor, I'll be looking forward to your triumphant return in the Blind Review thread!

Since it's so hard to believe Christmas is almost here, I'm turning back the clock. Rocktober Blend in the Rock Cob.

p120d16y, Lucky Duck, olddog and 16 others like this.
  10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Gonna miss you around here! A lot of people seem to be leaving or downsizing their time here the last month or so. Hope you'll check in when you have the time. Merry Christmas and happy smoking!

11. JimInks

Moments away from smoking Classic Burley Kake in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl. Coffee just finished brewing and I've more work to do. Going to listen to Killing Kennedy as I work.

12. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Sextant that I let dry for too long :mad:

13. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We will all be thinking about what you are stuffing into your pipes. Safe travels,
    ~ ZM

14. moosecop

moosecop Member

Uhles Christmas Blend 2011 in a nording freehand..

Eric, you were close, It was Assy. the gay monkey of the group, (Im an equal opportunity employer.) Obviously when he saw the leather teddy he got excited because hes "into" that. Well one thing is leading to another so I have had to let him go.. I gave him a one way Greyhound bus ticket to a residence in New Baltimore, Michigan. Apparently some one there has a 3 ring circus in his basement for his kids. I has Assy neutered so that there should be no problems, and also a note to the new owner not to feed him after midnight because he eats pipe tobacco and throws poop everywhere!!! As for the munchkin, Im sure he will do fine in replacing the monkey as long as he leaves the monkey suit on..

15. moosecop

moosecop Member

Oh, and sorry to Jim Ink for getting you involved. You have enough drama with cats and dogs and ice...

p120d16y, Lucky Duck, dBear and 8 others like this.
  16. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Just catching up on the latest posts before retiring for the night, and was saddened by the goodby post of MBV. You will be greatly missed Mark and I thank you for your help and advice.

17. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Not really in the mood to sleep yet, even though morning will come sooner than I'd like. So, I loaded up some Old Dark Fired in the Basil Meadows. This blend is starting to grow on me. I have to admit, the first few times it didn't knock my socks off like I expected. I'm tasting the burley and virginia now and it's getting better!

18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I don't have to get up at all tomorrow if I don't want! I could order pizza and otherwise stay in my pajamas all day, and even stay in bed all day, leaving only to get the pizza and to use the bathroom. I won't actually do it, but I rarely get a break (a real break, that doesn't involve still doing work) so I feel the need to rub it in people's faces tonight!

I'm smoking the second to last, possibly the last, bowl of the generous sample of SG Lakeland Gold someone sent me....last year, maybe? I wish I could remember who it was. I'm smoking it in the Ben Wade billiard. The stuff by now is all crumbs, but I wadded up some rougher cut ribbons of Telegraph Hill to put in the bottom to keep the crumbs out of my mouth. It's working. This stuff is too nice to waste.

I wish I knew where to find this other than pipesandcigars.....I'd really like to get some more, but for reasons I'd rather not go into here, I'd prefer not to order from P&C

19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I go and write something like that to good naturedly rib people a bit, and then I look at what MentorBV has posted.....now I feel like kind of a....well....something that wouldn't be too polite to say here.

20. JimInks

Almost finished smoking HH Vintage Syrian in a 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog. Going to fill a bowl of some tobacco and post what it will be when I figure out what I want next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.