What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I decided my next smoke will be, thanks to Flatbush Paul, Hamborger Veermaster in a 1980 Stanwell 668 medium bend with a ferrule, half black sandblasted, half brown smooth, rough top. I've enough for a couple more bowls. Having a second cup of coffee and working.

2. zappano

zappano Member

My best wishes, and a smokey 2014. Take care and stay healthy :bing:

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

How's the HH Vintage Syrian? I really like the HH Highland Blend, and have been wondering about the others.

mitchell, nicktrap, Ephraim and 7 others like this.
  4. JimInks

The Vintage Syrian is the only blend in the series I have tried, although I do have an unopened tin of Arcadian Perique. The VS is just short of being a medium strength blend. It's a very smooth, rather creamy English, and while there's plenty of latakia in it, it does not over take the other flavors. There's a little Kentucky, a nice Oriental/Turkish component, and light and dark Virginias. The spice hit is mild, no hay taste from the Virginia, which is naturally sweet. Nice woodsy, smokey taste. M'lady said one time that whenever I smoke it, it reminds her of a campfire.

5. JimInks

Still working, and getting near the end of the Killing Kennedy audio book. I'm about to light up a bowl of Alexander Bridge in a 2001 medium bend straight grain Karl Erik freehand with a silver ferrule. This tobacco is mild and tasty, and enjoyable to smoke. An underrated blend in my opinion.

Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with hearty li'l icebergs is my drink.

6. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Another bowl of Paul Olsen My Own Blend Christmas Blend 2012. This time in a G Huybrecht - London Castle. Very fine tobacco but this tin a little to dry. Am now rehydrating it. My B&M had a couple of tins on the shelf which I will buy (as a X-mas present to yours truly) later today and put in my baccy chest...

7. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is MacBaren Cube Bronze in a 2013 slight bend red stone Rockcob poker. I'm going to read until I finish smoking this bowl. Suzy and Molly don't mind because they got some of my attention, and also some trout and egg.

8. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

PS Norwegian in a smooth Kaywoodie large billiard

9. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. Slept in this morning, probably because I spent most of the night tossing and turning. Still, it somehow doubles the pleasure of kicking my head into touch with some Presbyterian Mixture in the straight Falcon with the usual bucket of coffee.

10. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Cornell and Diehl Cordial.

11. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

MacB Dark Twist Roll Cake in a semi sandblasted Zavvos billiard. On my balcony (where it´s getting really cold).

12. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Melorning, everyone. It's Friday! I've started my day with Carter Hall in my MM Diplomat. Black coffee is my drink. Puff on!

13. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Merry Christmas to Mentor. Understand the busy thing. Here's wishing it's time productively spent. :toast:

Balmy 54 and cloudy in Louisville before daybreak. Warmest it's been this time of day in quite a while. Peterson Connoisseur's Choice in a Pete XL02 w/ coffee before work.

TGIF PFSers.

14. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Berkshire, in a blasted brandy, for the TGIF smoke.

15. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

My view is a bit different than usual this morning...

Dark Flake, in a Castello.

[​IMG]

16. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Having a small bowl of St Bruno RR in the bent MM Legend to keep my strength up until lunch.

17. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Sticking with Sail Natural today. Taking the new Peterson System 312 for a spin.

[​IMG]

18. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Started my day with Carter Hall in a cob. 39*F in Florida's capital city this morning. There has been all kinds of food around the office lately celebrating the 12 days of Christmas. Right now I am having Community coffee and a slice of Rum Cake getting me into a Tropical Island state of mind (7 days)!

19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

20. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Having a Bowl of old gowrie in my grabow freehand while sopping coffee in the truck. I need to run around with the wife this morning and going into work later today. It somehow stayed above freezing overnight as it was raining this morning with no ice in my area. I have heard of some spots of ice causing havoc on the roads. Good morning all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.