What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Well I beat the crack of dawn by setting off in the dark and was deep in the woods,
    to where the river goes through a gorge as it started to get light :bdance:thought these two would fit in with the woods
    [​IMG]
    along with Teddy's York-Shire Tobacco
    [​IMG]
    sat with my back to a large Holly tree and smoked them both, watching the world go by, saw 4 Roe hinds walk along a very narrow track on a stupidly steep slope 100 yards infront and thought Eric should be here ;)
    Tidied the area up and built a small camp site with a fire pit and made Bacon :drly:Egg and Beans just as it started to snow lightly.
    Smoked another pipefull gathering a stash of fire wood if someone, and you don't get many wandering about as it's supposed to be private :msty: uses it before I return for a nights Bivy I hope they leave me one. I've stopped taking the camera out on expeditions like this in fact I didn't even take the Bear :eek:
    It was dark when I got back and I brought the stillness of the woods back with me so much so that I didn't turn the computer on last night but opened a bottle of Grants by the front room stove and had a couple of bowl in my Mrs Wicker Birthday pipe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    turned the computer on this afternoon and read through x13 pages of WAYS
    I'll be sorry to see MBV go as I though his Reviews were honest and not at all pretentious and talked down at you, All the Best MentorBV [​IMG]

2. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

The Tim Horton mug is filled and am on the porch with the Kaywoodie bent apple filled with Astley's 44. A bit of chill in the air but quite refreshing. Finally had a day of good hard rain, it has been extremely dry so this was a welcome change.

3. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Good morning, Good people. Continuing my exploration of the bottom drawer, forgotten tobaccos. This morning its Newminster #701 Straight Virginia in a Stanwell Nordic #179. Ahh, now I remember why I put it in the bottom drawer: vanilla aro. The topping has mellowed with 1.5 years in the jar and has become manageable as a "Christmas" type sweet-tooth smoke. Visiting pictures of doggies past.

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Esoterica Tobacciana - Tilbury in the Wessex Dublin. Some Chinese tea on the side to help with waking up - I slept until 10:30 today, just because I could.

5. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Golden Extra in a rusticated Kaywoodie Canadian

6. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Just finished smoking on the porch, which I rarely do during the Winter. Tobacco was Sir Walter Raleigh, and the pipe was an MM Pony Express cob :puffy:
    Next up will likely be an aromatic in one of my aro-dedicated cobs.

7. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Yeah SWR is my absolute favorite Burley. I always keep Carter Hall on hand and smoke it quite a bit, but for my tastes SWR is king.

Now packing some Old Colonial in an MM Ozark bent :puffy:

8. MCSNYDER

MCSNYDER Member

9. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

10. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]
    with my No name pipe and spare Altinok stem
    [​IMG]
    the original stem
    [​IMG]
    went onto my Rekamepip Shaman pipe (bottom Black stone)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  11. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Now that I'm all fed and watered, it's time to wham another wodge of Royal Yacht in my yap to shut me up.

12. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Starting up some McClelland Black Shag in an MM Pride bent cob :puffy:

13. Islayphile

Islayphile Active Member

Orlik Golden Sliced in a MM bent Legend

14. BernardLerring

Having another dollop of Royal Yacht in the Benfield while getting marginally disurbed that I'm so close to finishing the tin, having had it for less than two weeks.

15. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Successful morning on the water! I caught three nice brown trout and sent them back to fight another day. It was rainy, but the conditions on the stream were really perfect. I had a great time out there. So glad I did that and didn't just sit on my keister. Work be damned!...at least for today.

Now I'm about to fire up some MB Dark Twist Roll Cake in my Calabresi. Not the 30-year-old tin I got from Santa. If I am going to open that tin soon I want to be well familiar with the unaged stuff.

16. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

PS Norwegian in a rustic Grabow Riviera Dublin

17. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I'm slippin' out to have an afterlunch smoke of Steven Books Irishman's 5 O' Clock in a Davorin Morta bent Billiard with a slanted rim. Ice tea to to ride shotgun.

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Been busy doing various things, including taking a very short nap. Just finished smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 1979 straight smooth Dr. Grabow Grand Duke 45 pot. Going for a new smoke and hopefully, the mail, if the truck's come by yet.

19. BernardLerring

Just loaded up my new Weingott estate pipe with some Nightcap to see how it smokes. Cover me, I'm going in.

20. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

LBF in a Peterson African meer Dublin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.