1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

34 and raining here tonight, not a fit night out for man nor beast. Waiting on the wife to get home from the grocery store :whis:, smoking pirate Kake in a black rock cob, evening pot o coffee and snuggling up to the central heat.

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Penzance in the Savinelli billiard...this was a good call

3. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Winds are getting gusty this evening as a cold front is heading towards my part of Texas. Suppose to be a stormy Saturday. Enjoying a bowl of Esoterica ASTB in a Mario Grandi. It's been awhile since I visited this blend and I'm wondering why it's not in my regular rotation. Good stuff. Thinking bout my next bowl. Germaine's Plum Cake is a good follow up. Y'all have a fine evening...
    Edit:I'm in a Motörhead mood. Think I'll check out YouTube.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  4. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

With the three lovely ladies in your family how could you not go empty assed wallet?

surlysoul, rondel65, jpberg and 12 others like this.
  5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Man, I seriously need some serious time off. Seriously. Garbagey work has had me plowed under for way too long. I'm hoping like crazy I get a few days off during Christmas. So far, I've only got a small project for tomorrow, so I'm pretending I'll have some free time just to convince myself to chill out. And hey, catching up on thirty-five pages of this thread is quite an undertaking! But I smoked a nice bowl of PS English Luxury in the Kaywoodie PSF POY while doing it. Now to get some dinner. Maybe I'll order a pizza!

6. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Member

Heading out of the country for a six week trip through Thailand and Burma and took one last trip to my local B&M. The regular pipe guy has been on vacation and this was the first time we'd chatted. I told him I was bummed that I'd missed out on the Penzance that had come through the week before b/c I've never tried it. He gave me a knowing look and pulled two tins out from under the counter- he said its so popular they always sell the first 75% but hold the last tins back for those who'll enjoy them most!!

This stuff is pretty incredible. I can't get over how nice the mouth feel is and that strange creamy flavor. That's a new element of pipe tobacco for me.

7. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Germain's special latakia flake in an Ashton. Mmmm!

8. rigormootis

rigormootis Member

Perhaps. Interesting. Thanks! I think I figured out once that Robinson & Co. LTD is a department store in Singapore. I have another similar one (pictured here...it is up next tonight). The stem/shank is pretty straight on both, but this one does bear even more resemblance to yours. They have some fills and such...but smoke very well. The stems were puke green when I bought them both for $10. Given the "Made in England" stamp, I also thought it was likely an older Comoy. Anyone have any of these and know their back-story?
    Thanks, again!

[​IMG]

9. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Morley's Best in a smooth Kaywoodie large pot

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

M'lady made a wonderful chicken pot pie, and for dessert, I smoked a bowl of Angler's Dream in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob. She's also making an apple/raisin pie, which I'll get to eat in a bit. Right now, I'm waiting on the Saint Bernard to bring me a new smoke and drink.

11. JimInks

I'm about light up a bowl of Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49. More ice tea to drink. More work to do.

12. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

C&D Pirate Kake in a Peterson X220 lots of hot tea is my beverage of choice, happy smoking and stay safe guy's!

13. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Erinmore Flake in a DGE nosewarmer, followed by Erinmore Flake in a Peretti Prince.

14. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

PS Cube Cut in an Amphora Freehand coupon pipe I got in the 70's

Rockbass, Lucky Duck, TedVig and 17 others like this.
  15. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I've got to hear this story.

Lucky Duck, TedVig, psquared and 9 others like this.
  16. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

H&H Classic Burley Cake over McClelland Red Cake in Randy Wiley Poker. Great sitting around pipe, and that suits me just fine this evening.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    Rockbass, Lucky Duck, TedVig and 23 others like this.
  17. cdymora

cdymora Member

Well, had a terrible stomach bug then a nasty case of the flu right on the heels of that. I don't know about you guys, but I just don't have much of an appetite for a pipe when I'm feeling under the weather. It's been somewhere around three weeks since I've fired up a bowl, so this was much looked forward to. Old Gowrie in a MM CG with a mug of hot coffee. Happy smoking gents, its good to be back :puffy:

Rockbass, Lucky Duck, TedVig and 18 others like this.
  18. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Smoking OJK in the tsuge munchkin gavel, glass of water chilled to the proper temperature by my Bosch refrigerator. I am really digging this pipe. Despite a half inch wide by around 7/8 inch deep bowl, this OJK is still kicking my ass.

19. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

While browsing in an antique store I happened upon a tobacco tin marked Balkan Sobranie. Thought it was just the tin but no, it was full of tobacco. Then, I noticed a second tin, same brand but latakia. I did not see a price and did not inquire but am thinking of going back and buy them. What say ye group? Anybody familiar with this tobacco and would you buy it?

20. JimInks

Buy it quick!! Don't wait! You're talking about one of my all time favortive blends, you lucky dog!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.