What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Actually, Mr. Wooly doesn't wear wooleys. However, he did Unionize the elves, who are busy making you a new flannel suit with a trapdoor. Took them all afternoon to cut a big enough hole in back for you, too! :laff:

2. JimInks

In all the back and forth, I didn't mention that I had been finishing a bowl of Rum and Maple in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin. Now, it's time to get a new smoke and drink, and feed Suzy and Molly, who have patiently waited for me to finish typing.

3. JimInks

While Suzy and Molly are chomping down some tuna, I'm loading a bowl of St. James Flake in a small slight bend black sandblast 2000 D.R. Ardor Urano Ninfea Fatta A Mano author with a silver spigot military bit. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with clean li'l icebergs is my drink. Work is done for the night, so I'm going to read, and goof off, and listen to Bing Crosby Christmas on channel 111 on the XM. They run his radio shows and songs all through the holiday every year on one channel. I listen to a lot of it during this time of year.

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

Nothing like fighting Latakia with Latakia - so I'm smoking Pirate Kake in the GBD not-quite-a-panel-pipe meer. Latakias taste either smokey or leathery to me - Midnight is really smoky and now this Pirate Kake is tasting very leathery. Love 'em both!

5. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is Rolando's Own in a medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot. I jarred the entire tin of RO, except for a few bowls to smoke now. I'll check on one of those jars in a couple of years, and see how it ages. Or most likely, just open another tin instead.

6. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

It was over a 100 degrees yesterday and muggy as all get out so by the time I was done with my day and cool enough to feel human I passed right out.

Yesterday was the last day of work and, as always, we were taken out to lunch. Amazingly the food was pretty good and I didn't need to grab something to eat on the way home (I've been to one of the chef's former restaurants and was not impressed) and even better was the gardens, in which I enjoyed a coffee and a Dunhill Flake in the Bari Rubi 'Old Splendour'.

7. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Day 1/23 in the break and so far we've done little of significance. Got up late, did some washing and a little shopping, took a nap and smoked some Chelsea Morning in the Mr Brog bulldog with french press on the side while watching old episodes of The Good Guys with the wife. An SG Chocolate Flake is drying and I've had a pot of bolognese cooking slowly for a couple of hours now.

I'm going to enjoy this break.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  8. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Very nice. That's about as perfect a location as you can get. I'm staying all the way down in Park Slope this year, because I refuse to (and cannot afford to) pay Manhattan prices this year. Plus I like Brooklyn. Park Slope is pretty much ruined with all the $2000 strollers and $7 coffee drinks, but Prospect Park, mercifully, is still Prospect Park. I'm ready to go, I know that much.

I'm smoking this combo:

[​IMG]

9. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. After starting the day with a breakfast of kings of egg bread and coffee, I'm now finishing it off with some Presbyterian Mixture in the straight Falcon.

10. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

The last Gunfight in Greece

Spyridon [Spyros] Stais was a professor of Mathematics and latter became a fine politician.He made many good things for his country and offered many to his countrymen.He left behind a brilliant work as a politician.

[​IMG]

He had a bad moment in his career,another congressman Alexandros Xatizpetrou insult him badly inside the parliament and Stais in front of the prime-minister challenge him to gunfight with pistols. At 18 June 1904 the 2 men stand facing each other,Stais was faster and shot the other man in the heart and died.

[​IMG]

After this he resin from his ministry and retired from politics,that was the last "official" gunfight in Greece.Then by strictly Law the gunfights were forbidden.
    [​IMG]

Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium.

11. BernardLerring

Continuing to wile away the morning in a haze of pipe smoke with some more Presbyterian Mixture.

12. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Almost done with a bowl of Morley's Best in a Yello-Bole author

13. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Morley's Best in a smooth Peterson Kinsale xl22

14. BernardLerring

I couldn't help it, I cracked! I gave in and loaded another bowl of Presbyterian Mixture. I wouldn't mind, I still can't work how nice or not this stuff is, maybe my tastebuds are still nuked from all that brown sauce on my egg bread this morning.

15. dBear

dBear Active Member

Dear Everyone - Please keep your fingers crossed that I don't have to work again until Thursday. Thank you, dBear.

Finishing up Black Lung in the Wally Frank upside down billiard and then hitting the sack.

16. KleinToit

KleinToit Member

Holding fingers, but it makes holding my Stanwell straight billiard with the Dunhill Nightcap really hard...

p120d16y, dBear, Rockbass and 14 others like this.
  17. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Good morning guys.
    Smoking Prince Albert in a MM straight Legend :puffy:

p120d16y, dBear, Rockbass and 20 others like this.
  18. BernardLerring

That's lunch done with and now time for some Nightcap in the Weingott while watching Footy Focus.

p120d16y, dBear, Rockbass and 14 others like this.
  19. BernardLerring

OMG! Got Hate Mail! Not just in time for Christmas but for, more importantly, Strang Saturday! Thanks Simon :banana::bdance::toast::bow::bow::bow:

[​IMG]

p120d16y, dBear, Rockbass and 11 others like this.
  20. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

My second bowl of the morning is Carter Hall in an MM Pony Express with a Mizzou stem that turns it into a mini-churchwarden. Pretty neat :puffy:
    Another cup of coffee on the way.

p120d16y, dBear, Rockbass and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.